• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonafunu

Gais I edited sorry okay jeez

I might have exaggerated a bit (okay, a lot), but it's not that good. I mean, it's great art, but it doesn't look right as a background there.

I won't apologize about Yotsuba though. It's funnier when the kid isn't there.

Korosenai

rtxfWyY.png

We in this

Azure J

Moved from the old thread:

Nujabes instrumentals + a few moments to read manga = nerdbliss.

Medaka Box

That should have been the end, it brought full circle the plot and resolved everything. The fact there is going to be a "next arc" is stupid how do you even possibly raise the stakes now?

It's be hilarious if the "Next Arc" note was actually a troll and this was the last chapter.

Come on man, why isn't Food Smut in the OP?

This. Also, Abnormal-kei Joshi.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I better catch up on Medaka Box. I still have some time to kill, since Swagamoto is bi-monthly and Yotsuba bores me to death.

I might have exaggerated a bit (okay, a lot), but it's not that good. I mean it's great art, but it doesn't look right as a background there.

You can go too far!

Also, can Yamada and the 7 witches really be considered smut?

Considering Yamada gets more action than most of the other protagonists on the list I'd say so.

Dresden

Super Interesting Darkness, Aunt Tits, and Smutterfly Effect are the only ones that belong on the smut list, really.

Welp, so much for cutting down my backlog last OT. Still have 715 entries on my list of things to check out. By the end of this one I want it down below 600
I'll settle for 700.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dat french kiss witch.

We need Prison School in there. Smut with actually good art.

Given that he keeps Urara's body for long periods of time, would she even know what Yamada was doing to it?

dramatis

Super Interesting Darkness, Aunt Tits, and Smutterfly Effect are the only ones that belong on the smut list, really.
Smut banner is largely just a chance to put some more good (and some more terrible) manga up there. Ideally, anything with more than 40 volumes should be kicked from the proper Top 10, but there would probably be a field day if One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto got the boot.

Result is a smut banner that is not really a smut banner but rather a spillover banner.

Smutterfly Effect I wouldn't actually call smut.

Smut banner is largely just a chance to put some more good (and some more terrible) manga up there. Ideally, anything with more than 40 volumes should be kicked from the proper Top 10, but there would probably be a field day if One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto got the boot.

Result is a smut banner that is not really a smut banner but rather a spillover banner.

Smutterfly Effect I wouldn't actually call smut.
I don't think many here would really care, as long as they get replaced by actually good manga.

There should be a banner for some timeless stuff like FMA, Sanctuary, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, Berserk, Vagabond, etc.

Manga that everyone should read at some point.

Wait the chick in the Toriko OP is completely made up filler? Why the **** would you make up a character and add them to the main cast? Komatsu are falls into the awkward category of "why are you here again" for the first few arcs why add a news reporter chick?

duckroll

Aren't there already threads for One Piece and Naruto? Dunno about Bleach though, Bleach sucks, who cares?!!? Amirite?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Honestly, would she even care? She doesn't seem like she would given her character...

If he was like feeling himself up and such with her body, my guess is that she would really care, yes.

As for making more threads, we don't need special separate threads for the Big Three series because its the same series of posters for all of the discussed series. Its just making it more inconvenient and taking up more forum space to do it.

Angry Grimace

Guys, lets stop talking about what's in the banner you'll all forget about in the next three hours and focus on what really matters: Nisekoi.

Wait the chick in the Toriko OP is completely made up filler? Why the **** would you make up a character and add them to the main cast? Komatsu are falls into the awkward category of "why are you here again" for the first few arcs why add a news reporter chick?

To have someone do extra post ED segments? I thought she vanished for a bit in the anime, kind of forgettable. Shes not even in the current arc.

If he was like feeling himself up and such with her body, my guess is that she would really care, yes.

As for making more threads, we don't need special separate threads for the Big Three series because its the same series of posters for all of the discussed series. Its just making it more inconvenient and taking up more forum space to do it.

I thought you mean the normal "kissing" stuff. Yes, I guess if he did those things she would be mad.

Guys, lets stop talking about what's in the banner you'll all forget about in the next three hours and focus on what really matters: Nisekoi.

You mean Kingdom Hearts, a simple and clean manga about funny faces.

dramatis

Give the big three its own pyramidal banner. It should rotate also.
You mean like a gif of the three spinning around a center? lol

I said this in the previous thread, and I'll say it again: I don't think the community thread should separate. There's advantages to being bundled in one place, and I think we do better when we're bouncing good and bad series off each other.

Stinky

Do you guys use thread subscriptions? I have the first page of the manga thread bookmarked (and I just hit last page, and read through what I've missed) so I see the banner all the time. I filter out the top image so I CAN see the banner

ALL HAIL THE BANNER

Took me a bit to get the kingdom hearts joke, haha I'm dumb.

To have someone do extra post ED segments? I thought she vanished for a bit in the anime, kind of forgettable. Shes not even in the current arc.

I'm not really watching or planning to watch the Toriko anime, I just kept seeing pictures of her wondering when she was going to show up and finally realized today she was anime only and it just baffled me.

He means Kingdom Hearts.

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm

Angry Grimace

I thought you mean the normal "kissing" stuff. Yes, I guess if he did those things she would be mad.

You mean Kingdom Hearts, a simple and clean manga about funny faces.

You mean doing the things any fucking dude would do if they were possessed of a hot chick's (or frankly, any chick's) body. Not that girls would be any better in the same scenario; let's be honest, in real life Urara would probably crank one out in Yamada's body.

Yonafunu

No splitting, please. The Big Three are going to get discussed here anyway, regardless of any other threads that are created.

dramatis

In any case, if anyone makes a comprehensive recommendation/review in one post about timeless series like FMA, Berserk, Slam Dunk, etc., I'll pop an extra 'Recs' section into the OP and link your post. I think the banners are better for ongoing manga (although things like Berserk and HxH are clearly ongoing FOREVER).

Mostly, I just want to keep the OP image-light. The chief reason the OPM page is there is because clearly nobody reads the rules, so it's supposed to be encouragement.

Stinky, if you are on the Off-Topic Community page, and you click on the orange NeoGAF logo to the left of the thread title, the link will send you automatically to your latest unread post.

You mean doing the things any fucking dude would do if they were possessed of a hot chick's (or frankly, any chick's) body. Not that girls would be any better in the same scenario; let's be honest, in real life Urara would probably crank one out in Yamada's body.

Yeah. Sure there should be some doujin out there that would depict that realistic scenario. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom