• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Too early for flapjacks?

iHSq8w2.gif

I couldn't help myself :(

bigkrev

I had no idea what the Kingdom Hearts joke was at first, but when someone said what it was, I actually burst out laughing. I feel really dumb now.

Code Breaker 212
tumblr_mjdf7nm3cP1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Yukihina/Hieki breaking for Sakurakouji stuff was not good, writer could have moved that to a different chapter. But oh well, onto Fussy Lunchbox for this final fight, please last a whole volume....toki must appear.

Taruranto

Xxxholic Rei #2

Hey, it's Himawari!

Still don't know what the hell is happening. It's also surprisingly enjoyable (no shit, it's basically the old holic) but since CLAMP hasn't written a decent story in years, it will inevitably turn to shit pretty soon.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
New thread huh? I see you used Aohige's last words before leaving. A shame you guys scared him away, he would have been excellent to have around.

Lain

We have cosmicblizzards list shonen manga, though I do feel a "recommended classics" wouldn't be a bad idea. Here is a quick "completed manga you should read if you haven't" please feel free to add/edit things I'm missing.

Dragon Ball
Yu Gi Oh
Yu Yu Hakusho
Ruruoni Kenshin
Full Metal Alchemist
Death Note

I think everyone can agree on all of those being there, others I'd recommend but I'm not sure if everyone would agree are "classics" are (some I haven't read hence why I'm putting them here)

Shaman King
Black Cat
Slam Dunk
Prince of Tennis
Fist of the North Star
Cardcaptors
Sailor Moon
Inyuasha
Ranma 1/2
Psyren

Ushio & Tora

wonzo

Banned
New thread huh? I see you used Aohige's last words before leaving. A shame you guys scared him away, he would have been excellent to have around.
Who needs good posters when you can just hurl shit at each other every Wednesday!!!

Anorexia - Shikabane Hanako wa Kyoshokushou 1

vnqgFNI.png

Now this is how you start a manga.

Fake Edit: The MC looks like L lol

Fake Edit 2: Definetly a good start, will keep reading.

From the last thread:

Well as for that DBZ talk before.

Dragonball is one of my favourites, I enjoy the adventure genre feeling much more than DBZ part to follow later. During my time in school, it was either DBZ, Pokemon and Yugioh on TV for anime wise shows (I hated the later two). It wasn't until a friend recommended the FMA series to me that I started taking a deeper look into anime.

Btw, I'm off to Japan sometime in May. I'm in need of some recommendations on what manga to look out for battle manga wise. I feel I want to read some stuff that's similar to JoJo Part 2.

People said before to look into The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer, so I will do so.

Some of the ones I've looked into so far

Fist of the North Star (Good)
Hunter x Hunter (It had a few good arcs, the later ones were boring)
Naruto (Not my cup of tea)
Bleach (Lost interest around Vol 20)
FMA (Loved it)
One Piece (New World is pretty boring, hope the new arc delivers)

Magi if you liked FMA.

There's not a whole lot out there like JoJo part 2 except for FOTNS. I guess Kongou Banchou has some similarities, like it being manly as hell. Toriko as well maybe, but it's closer to One Piece than it is to JoJo.

Did you see this thread I made (in case you missed it in the OP)? Perhaps you'll find something that looks interesting in there.

hamchan

Medaka Box

A new development next week, THANK GOD.

Because I would be so incredibly sad if this series actually ended here.

Hitotsu Futatsu Himitsu 1
tumblr_mfphq0UuVh1qzibz9o1_250.jpg

The artists feels like Junko at times, or at least, some of the facial expressions, which makes it easily a must follow for me. Awful place to stop the first chapter, if they dont see each other anymore :( though then Ishigami sensei would have one inverted nipple, which would be awkward.

Shokugeki no Soma 14

Isshiki ftw, best thing to come out of a todokoro focused chapter. Though the camping trials does sound intense getting the people involved, cant wait to see the skills of the one whose eyes are always covered by his hair.

I've never read Nisekoi, but now I kinda want to because of the Kingdom Hearts thing.

Good idea or bad idea?

Anorexia - Shikabane Hanako wa Kyoshokushou 1

vnqgFNI.png

Now this is how you start a manga.

Fake Edit: The MC looks like L lol

Fake Edit 2: Definetly a good start, will keep reading.

That's some weird shit you got there.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Shokugeki no soma 14

Fun chapter today. Excited to seen the camping arc.

DTL already got to the good part I see.

Shin Angyo Onshi should be in the running for great mangas as well.

So is Oishinbo, Otoyomegatari, and Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibōken

TWGOK is out. I gotta admit, this chapter gave me some feels.

The Kanon spinoff thing is coming later tonight, but I'm not sure anyone is going to dig it much unless they're already a Kanon fan.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
TWGOK 222

I got some feels from that one. It was adorable.

Mysterious Girlfriend X 75

This was pretty cute too.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 22

Dawww.

All in all this bunch of manga made me go

BsJQCJv.gif

Gone for a couple days and miss like 600 posts. OP is awesome, OTL is even better.

Beelzebub

Nice to see Nasu is just the start of something bigger, but it will suck to see him go so fast.

Haikyu!

Well Aobajusai seeing through their signals didn't last long... Now for the strong serve to come into play.

Vagabond 304-306

God damn I have missed this.

Kusagari

This Medaka Box chapter made me realize how amazing a spinoff featuring Kumagawa trying to find a job after high school would be.

TWGOK 222

Dose feels man. I agree that it kind of went too smoothly though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Shokugeki no Soma

Sweet it came out early this week. Dat loincloth!

And looking forward to this hellish training camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom