• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Bambino!
fqPh9iY.jpg
Shogo Ban, a college student from Fukuoka, likes to cook. Thanks to the owner of the restaurant where he works part-time, he finds himself working at the line of Roppongi's best Italian restaurant, Trattoria Baccanale, and discovers that the real deal isn't quite as easy as he'd thought. The manga follows Ban as he struggles to keep up with the hectic workload and his co-workers, along with issues outside the kitchen like his relationship with his girlfriend Eri, who he left behind in Fukuoka.

Pretty good food manga.
Discovering the world of cuisine and all its troubles with Shogo is definitely entertaining.
The rush times lead to some hot-blooded and exciting scenes, you can really feel that the cooks are under pressure.
The art does a great job conveying this feel of speed and hurry. The characters never look static, there's always something going on in the cuisine.
I guess you could qualify Bambino! as a coming of age/slice of life/cuisine manga, there's a great balance between all these elements as cooking shapes Shogo's way of seeing life, other people and himself...
I really recommend reading it.

And some panels look great !

I hope people arent actually fans of her just because of a moe effect, she has no skills, kind of the weakest aspect of the entire manga.

She definitely has skills, just lacks the confidence to really show them under extreme pressure (so like every scene so far).

This battle definitely should be the whole confidence boost she needs.

:O

She definitely has skills, just lacks the confidence to really show them under extreme pressure (so like every scene so far).

This battle definitely should be the whole confidence boost she needs.

Yea its the usual "I can do it but i lack confidence" character where the aim is to get them out of that funk. And honestly she's gonna need it since there will more likely be a point where these friends will have to fight each other

Lirlond

Bambino!

Pretty good food manga.
Discovering the world of cuisine and all its troubles with Shogo is definitely entertaining.
The rush times lead to some hot-blooded and exciting scenes, you can really feel that the cooks are under pressure.
The art does a great job conveying this feel of speed and hurry. The characters never look static, there's always something going on in the cuisine.
I guess you could qualify Bambino! as a coming of age/slice of life/cuisine manga, there's a great balance between all these elements as cooking shapes Shogo's way of seeing life, other people and himself...

Bambino is great! I fucking love it. Too bad I can't find the sequel anywhere..

survivor

Banned
@kurita: Bambino is good stuff, but I only read the first volume before forgetting about it lol

Vagabond vol 1-2
QwBfYen.jpg
7dk4iRN.jpg

How are you so good at drawing, Inoue? The action scenes are gritty and real, the scenery is fantastic, and the damn colour pages are so beautiful. It's also good to start reading more action oriented manga so I get tons of pages with no dialogues and just good looking action scenes. Makes it reading volumes goes by much faster. Bullshit philosophical life lessons aside, Takuan teaching Takezo to see the point of living and putting aside his rage was really a good scene.

Vagabond vol 1-2
QwBfYen.jpg
7dk4iRN.jpg

How are you so good at drawing, Inoue? The action scenes are gritty and real, the scenery is fantastic, and the damn colour pages are so beautiful. It's also good to start reading more action oriented manga so I get tons of pages with no dialogues and just good looking action scenes. Makes it reading volumes goes by much faster. Bullshit philosophical life lessons aside, Takuan teaching Takezo to see the point of living and putting aside his rage was really a good scene.

this is your first time reading Vagabond? All my wat.

Stinky

You haven't read Vagabond OR Berserk? I aint even mad.

You got some good reads ahead son.

I hope people arent actually fans of her just because of a moe effect, she has no skills, kind of the weakest aspect of the entire manga.

DTL you are such a character.

Didn't you- wait, huh? Maybe I remember wrong lemme check

zgjSdWW.jpg

it was worse than what i remembered oh god YOU FOUGHT BACK WHEN I SAID SHE WAS BETTER

*tear* I'm so proud of you Grimace, I can trust brot-man too after seeing this. It's gonna be okay

but you like it

TBu24Fg.png

hahaha I'm dying.

Wrestle! The Under Ground a.k.a. Assassin Smut 1-6
An assassin is sent by an organization, Giant, to kill a young girl, Shinonome Miki, and to look inside her crotch.
Things don't go as expected and thus smut, naked embraces, incest killer sister, crotch examination, archeologist dad and ancient civilization powers come into play.

Yes, it gets sillier and smuttier by the chapter.

Not the kind of setting I dig.
You don't like heroic fantasy ?

onani master kurosawa

Is that what you all read here. what the...

It's a beautiful coming of age story *wink*

survivor

Banned
Eyeshield 21 vol 1
bF3XrEO.jpg

Football stuff was pretty zzz and I could do without the "I'm so fast no one can touch me so I will win this game cause the other team has no named players" bullshit. The non-sporty parts and the comedic moments were pretty fun.

Kurita

Eyeshield 21 vol 1
http://i.imgur.com/bF3XrEO.jpg[/img

Football stuff was pretty zzz and I could do without the "I'm so fast no one can touch me so I will win this game cause the other team has no named players" bullshit. The non-sporty parts and the comedic moments were pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

I'm keeping an eye on you buddy

upandaway

Not the kind of setting I dig.
Don't you like RPG-inspired settings? Worldbuilding, fantasy, lore, elements, all the good stuff maxed out and really well developed. Berserk has a different kind of reputation (especially in this thread where everyone like Golden Age the most), but that's definitely not all there is to it. Don't write it off like that!

I remember stopping Eyeshield 21 (the anime) around
the weird training in the USA where the team basically pushed a truck on a road in the middle of the desert...
. Could someone tell me what chapter/volume is it ?

EDIT : Thanks Kurita !

Kurita

I remember stopping Eyeshield 21 (the anime) around
the weird training in the USA where the team basically pushed a truck on a road in the middle of the desert...
. Could someone tell me what chapter/volume is it ?

Vol 9

Don't you like RPG-inspired settings? Worldbuilding, fantasy, lore, elements, all the good stuff maxed out and really well developed. Berserk has a different kind of reputation (especially in this thread where everyone like Golden Age the most), but that's definitely not all there is to it. Don't write it off like that!

Maybe one day then, when I have nothing else to read (this will never happen).

survivor

Banned
Eyeshield 21

Having not read the second volume, is this hidden identity thing for Sena gonna get cleared up immediately? Cause this is even dumber than Clark Kent-Superman.

Kurita

Having not read the second volume, is this hidden identity thing for Sena gonna get cleared up immediately? Cause this is even dumber than Clark Kent-Superman.

No.
It doesn't happen until
volume 9, when Sena reveals his identity to the other players before they start their training in America

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Bambino!

Pretty good food manga.

I'm sadden by the fact that they didn't translated Bambino Second yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom