• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just don't think advertising an Xbox as a living room entertainment center makes sense. You have to do it as a games system and then talk about how once you've got it you can use it for all sorts of other shit. But they always want to advertise it the other way around despite the fact that all of the demand for Xbox is to use it as a game system.

I just don't think advertising an Xbox as a living room entertainment center makes sense. You have to do it as a games system and then talk about how once you've got it you can use it for all sorts of other shit. But they always want to advertise it the other way around despite the fact that all of the demand for Xbox is to use it as a game system.

They've been doing this for years. Even at the Xbox 360 launch. "Living room experience" blah blah blah. It's nothing new.

What's worse is the US focus. No one cares about football outside the US and yet they made such a big deal out of the partnership.

Xbox One
CG-i trailers that don't look that incredible
One time install to the hard drive, pay a fee for a second install
Has to be online to do anything of value

LOL Microsoft GG

We're back

I had to sideload SmartGlass on my Nexus 10. I used it once.

Noe let's see the meltdown in the gaming section.

Yeah, but now it's even ... betterer!

Xbox One
CG-i trailers that don't look that incredible
One time install to the hard drive, pay a fee for a second install
Has to be online to do anything of value

LOL Microsoft GG

Like that's different from current consoles or smart devices these days. I had a power outage few months ago and my WiFi stopped working. My iPad was absolutely useless.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They've been doing this for years. Even at the Xbox 360 launch. "Living room experience" blah blah blah. It's nothing new.

What's worse is the US focus. No one cares about football outside the US and yet they made such a big deal out of the partnership.

Oh I know, but I don't think it made sense then, either. The problem here is that everyone already has devices that do all of these things. Its a glorified universal remote.

As for the NFL thing, there is no "partnership." Those games will be on PS4 also. Besides, why wouldn't it be US focused? Xbox only sells in the US.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh I know, but I don't think it made sense then, either. The problem here is that everyone already has devices that do all of these things. Its a glorified universal remote.

As for the NFL thing, there is no "partnership." Those games will be on PS4 also. Besides, why wouldn't it be US focused? Xbox only sells in the US.

I thought the NFL thing was an exclusive partnership about actual football, and not the games?

I meant this:

The video offered a glimpse at the Xbox One's deep integration with fantasy football — your fantasy team can appear in a sidebar next to a live NFL game, and a player's stats will be instantly updated in the fantasy app when he scores on the field. Mattrick also mentioned Skype support, suggesting that you can call your friends with video chat for taunting after your team wins.

It will be "easier to watch football with the device, and a better experience," said Goodell. According to Mattrick, the deal between Microsoft and the NFL will give Xbox One owners "exclusive content" through SmartGlass and Kinect, although he did not provide details.

They wasted, like, 5 whole minutes on it.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Xbox Conference: D

The reveal was expected and it was shit too, this doesn't imply anything for the future.

The protagonist was a fucking lame, no charisma. The partnership that the main crew got was expected but fully welcome.

But in the end there was a lack of backgrounds and I only allow that for one manga.

There was also a lack of content, and I only allow that for one manga.

The gimmicks were strong with this one, and I don't like gimmicks. The end of the chapter was shit.

Angry Grimace

I thought the NFL thing was an exclusive partnership about actual football, and not the games?

Not entirely sure, I stopped watching like halfway through to do actual work and not listen to them do a scripted presentation with pre-rendered video. I assumed we were talking about that EA guy short stroking it about sports. The fantasy thing I practically forgot about.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Xbox Conference: D

The reveal was expected and it was shit too, this doesn't imply anything for the future.

The protagonist was a fucking lame, no charisma. The partnership that the main crew got was expected but fully welcome.

But in the end there was a lack of backgrounds and I only allow that for one manga.

There was also a lack of content, and I only allow that for one manga.

The gimmicks were strong with this one, and I don't like gimmicks. The end of the chapter was shit.

But steven spielberg was so kawaii. That has to count for something, right?

Yeah, but now it's even ... betterer!

Like that's different from current consoles or smart devices these days. I had a power outage few months ago and my WiFi stopped working. My iPad was absolutely useless.

You can still have offline games and other apps work, apparently some games for XO can use the cloud for game stuff meaning if your system isn't online those games won't work...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Because publishers. Why do you think did EA kill the online pass? They got one now for every used game sold, MP or not.

Sony still hasn't said anything about it.

If Sony is smart they won't announce such a thing is a feature. It's just so bullshit. Microsoft deserves to fail as does everyone else who does it.

You can still have offline games and other apps work, apparently some games for XO can use the cloud for game stuff meaning if your system isn't online those games won't work...

Here's what they said:

While an "Always On" function isn't a requirement, a connection is still necessary for streaming and accessing multiplayer through the new console.

"Gamers can calm down," said Microsoft's Don Mattrick during today's event, "we got you covered."

However, Xbox One will offer game developers the ability to use its Azure cloud computing service throughout development, according to Wired. This way developers can rely on the cloud — as opposed to the Xbox One hardware — when necessary. Doing so would indeed result in the need for an online connection.

upandaway

SO MANY JOKES

someone hold me down i'm not confident i can stop myself for too lone look and walk aw- oh whoops i almost went there again

I love all kinds of technology, but I think it's really creepy that the new Kinect can see you in the total darkness. In a way even creepier than Google Glass.

Angry Grimace

Will we talk about mangas again before reaching 20k?

P7TaJvZ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom