• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

One Piece felt like it was going up and up since like water seven then to Marineford/Goa. It just hasnt felt the same since then.

He needs some arc that is on the same level as like the Pain arc in Naruto, something that will really make the second half standout. Maybe when he starts getting back to Dragon/Revolutionaries and involving those of the world government it will really feel good again.

If you want an arc on the same level as the Pain arc, you do know that would essentially be a Marineford war arc part deux, which is a ways off.

I'm treating the timeskip at current as a reset, mirroring to when Luffy was beasting East Blue right up to the Alabasta arc.

Both ended up sucked, and I agree Naruto maintaining high point longer than 666 that have like what? 13 vol?

to be fair Seishi had more pages to work with, but it felt kinda the same in the end.

666 was wasted potential just like Naruto.

Guess the Kishi brothers have that in common.

its funny how similar they were in the beginning (except the slight alignment switch) and that even got people pissed that he was apeing off his older bro's work

survivor

Banned
Shino-chan wa Jibun no Namae ga Ienai 1-7

That level of social anxiety must really suck. I can sorta relate to the MC with the stuttering thing, but not being able to even say your name or talk to your classmates must be hell. I hope the translations continue cause they really ended at a bad point and there must be like 3-4 chapters left so I hope it doesn't take long to finish translating them.

And for what it's worth, this manga is by the same guy behind Aku no Hana so it might be worth it to check it out.

fertygo

Its easy to bash such like Kubo and Kishi, but its hard to keep the same "passion" with WSJ working model.. I think its pretty clear they already bored with their own work, and lack of freedom there.. And who knows if Oda already got the same syndrome.

Mael

Both ended up sucked, and I agree Naruto maintaining high point longer than 666 that have like what? 13 vol?

At least the characters aren't whinny bitches!
Or I'm misremembering 666...
It was too short though, really

But as far as wasted potential goes the crown is really for Bastard.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It wasn't always identical. It was a lot rougher (and a bit uglier) when he first started off. Honestly I feel like his story telling has gone down the drain. Rave was average but I still gave enough of a damn to keep reading, I can't say the same about Fairy Tale.

As I said, there isn't any point to Fairy Tail other than drawing tits. Mashima is aware of this, hence why he draws the same arc over and over and over and features the exact same plot line and faux-villians in every arc with shots of tits and ass and random swimsuits everywhere.

As I said, there isn't any point to Fairy Tail other than drawing tits. Mashima is aware of this, hence why he draws the same arc over and over and over and features the exact same plot line and faux-villians in every arc with shots of tits and ass and random swimsuits everywhere.

Oda upped the ante on the tits though. Will Mashima take note and follow with the biggest tits ever in shonen history?

Wait, Kishimoto has a brother and he's also a mangaka? I've never heard of 666 before.

Yep, twin brother IIRC and the name of the manga he did was 666 Satan or O-Parts Hunter for the US crowd.

He did another manga after but i think i remember hearing split impressions on it. IIRC Blazr Driver or something like that

survivor

Banned
Mashima (and Medaka Box artist) should put their talents to use and start drawing doujins instead of wasting their time on bad manga.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess we'll know when MS manage to finish their work...

It was translated as "Flying Thunder Slash." It's just a similarly named technique.

Oda upped the ante on the tits though. Will Mashima take note and follow with the biggest tits ever in shonen history?

Yeah, buddy. I seen Oda's "tits," and no thanks.

Angry Grimace

Naruto

Heel-Face turns are incoming for literally every villain. Hashirama is going to zombie turn Madara, Kakashi is going to turn Obito and Naruto is going to turn Sasuke.

7 Billion Needles vol 1-2

This is pretty great. It's like a slightly lighter, more optimistic Parasyte. Lots of cool action.

Also, the end of vol 2 was hilariously amazing.

survivor

Banned
7 Billion Needles vol 1-2

This is pretty great. It's like a slightly lighter, more optimistic Parasyte. Lots of cool action.

Also, the end of vol 2 was hilariously amazing.

Can't wait to read the second volume.

I also keep seeing Parasyte mentioned whenever Billion Needles is mentioned so I should give it a try as well.

Akito

All the talk about assistants made me dig around and I found this handy charts

iOvggXKCkn6py.png

I don't know why Watsuki-Oda is not included though since it's pretty well known.

Wiseblade

How did Toriyama manage not to spawn any famous assistants? I can't believe that not a single one of them was able to come up with a concept worthy of serialisation for shueisha or some other publisher to push the hell out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom