• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasane

Sudden? They liked each other from the start, I thought that was obvious. I always felt like Psyren handed the romance aspect far better than pretty much every other shounen at the time.

to be fair i dont remember much

i guess im gonna re read it

Lain

I've been collecting manga in French lately and they comes with a separate removable cover similar to the ones in Japan. It's really nice looking but, it's so hard to read with it though, the damn cover keeps coming off. D:

You're supposed to take it off when reading, and put it back when you're done.

Prison School 109

i dunno this sorta started going downhill in the new arc. The new student council are shit characters and I don't like what was done to the other good characters (Hana's not batshit insane anymore, what happened to vice prez is a tragedy etc.)

hope this arc doesn't go on too much longer.

Prison School 109

i dunno this sorta started going downhill in the new arc. The new student council are shit characters and I don't like what was done to the other good characters (Hana's not batshit insane anymore, what happened to vice prez is a tragedy etc.)

But waterbottles

But waterbottles

yeah, the water bottles were hilarious. like there are still funny parts but now there are super uninteresting characters.

the above ground president is a boring as hell bully type, the guard girl is about as interesting and deep as a plastic soap dish and the fujoshi is just a plot device to create conflict between characters.

like, compared to the underground council they're so bad, and even the underground council have been made pretty boring

Shengar

Pretty silly for formulaic it is.

Red hair? Uses fire? Probably a tsundere.

Can't they bother switching it up? Can't the tsundere be the ice wielding girl?

A fire wielding yandere has possibilities.
Japanese audience didn't bother about it, why should the author?
Oh my God of course they should! If the authors didn't bother, who else should then? They might have something unique like that but we don't know because of language barriers and the one who kept getting discovered are shitties.
Me & the Devil Blues 1

http://i.imgur.com/PkdZNJ8.png[IMG]

Great and atmospheric drawing, original setting, interesting slightly "broken" narrative where you feel a bit lost together the main character.[/QUOTE]
There are certainly many Hiramoto drawing and narrating style that still carry over from this to Prison School, which I think helps the latter to become a good read.

[quote="Infinite Justice, post: 111444442"]Having just read both of those this warms my heart[/QUOTE]
Having to remember that Ore to Akuma No Blues got axed prematurely bring pains to my heart.
[quote="PhillipCostigan, post: 111453601"]yeah, the water bottles were hilarious. like there are still funny parts but now there are super uninteresting characters.

the above ground president is a boring as hell bully type, the guard girl is about as interesting and deep as a plastic soap dish and the fujoshi is just a plot device to create conflict between characters.

like, compared to the underground council they're so bad, and even the underground council have been made pretty boring[/QUOTE]

Things just get started to roll. This arc feels weak for now because the previous one, where we see the boys enjoying their freedom is pretty much filler arcs without anything. Other fault is that shits happened without any proper built up prior due to the said filler scenes and such. Personally I wait for this volume fully scantlated before render any judgement first.

Detective Conan 896:
Man, this was a crazy chapter.
After last chapter, I kind of figured they were doing an Okya swap given that he had the sick mask on, and I suppose it's probably Yukiko in disguise. It's the only way I guess that they could try to get Amuro off of his pretty much 100% correct deduction. Akai showing up in Jodie and Camel's car was a crazy moment. I have to wonder how they'll get out of this, though. Kir's life is pretty much forfeit unless they can turn things around somehow.

And man, poor Camel just constantly has guilt about everything. I feel bad for him. Hopefully he can get a heroic moment by the end of the arc to get rid of some of that guilt.

Nemuru Machi no Futari [Oneshot]

That was pretty good. There's a budding romance in the future I think.

Watashi no Itoshii Kutsu [Oneshot]

This was adorable. The art is sorta hokey but it's a cute story.

Tsuru Tsuru to Zara Zara no Aida is also pretty cute. Not a oneshot, but there's only 2 chapters out.

I'm looking for more one and done stuff but I'll add it to the list :)

Oh okay. I could give you a bunch unless you're already sated.
But they'd all probably be yuri :D

I've enjoyed many an adorable yuri oneshot!

Also, Charade-kun strikes again with adorable manga recommendations:

Tsuru Tsuru to Zara Zara no Aida 1-2

this is so damn adorable. Young kid who works at a reptile pet shop meets a girl who loves animals/reptiles at a school fair thing.

They start dating.

Only 2 chapters so far but they were 2 chapters where I had a big beaming grin from ear-to-ear.

will definitely be keeping up with this!

Quasar

Prison School 109

I dunno...the having one of the guys in prison with the secret student council has been interesting so far. I'm not sure where I want the story to go though. I know I don't want a reset button.

I dunno...the having one of the guys in prison with the secret student council has been interesting so far. I'm not sure where I want the story to go though. I know I don't want a reset button.

that's where the interest in this arc is going to come from. But it's not for long and they're trying to make it so they don't interact with each other (although that probably won't work out :/)

Quasar

Girls of the Wilds 137 - Well the contest went as expected.
Am wondering which of the girls Jae and the siblings will move in with. Queen I assume

Prison School

Prison School 109

eh the the new characters aren't great (all of them are just lesser versions of the existing council) but i disagree with what happened to the previous characters as it adds some depth to them and their motivations.

The more interesting question will be what happens after since Mari/Mieko vs the boys wont be as interesting imo.

Having to remember that Ore to Akuma No Blues got axed prematurely bring pains to my heart.

true but Prison School kinda eases it with the great art and batshit insane story.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
One Piece Skypiea arc
Wapol's Omnivorous Rampage (title page side-story) is awesome

Charade

Also, Charade-kun strikes again with adorable manga recommendations:

I don't remember striking the first time, but I'll try to keep it going!

How bout From Aiu Station on the Hiragana Line & I'll Send Her Home on the Last Train, a oneshot and its sequel, both by Amagakure Gido.

Also Present by Uso Kurata, and A Cold and After That by Minase Ruruu,...

I don't remember striking the first time, but I'll try to keep it going!

How bout From Aiu Station on the Hiragana Line & I'll Send Her Home on the Last Train, a oneshot and its sequel, both by Amagakure Gido.

Also Present by Uso Kurata, and A Cold and After That by Minase Ruruu,...

I'll look into them tomorrow cos it's like after 3 AM. Cheers!

Charade

I'll look into them tomorrow cos it's like after 3 AM. Cheers!

Damn you time zones!

Anyways, Me & the Devil Blues probably was practice for Prison School in a technical sense (if you think an artist is always capable of improving their craft). No comment on the literary value though :D

Shengar

true but Prison School kinda eases it with the great art and batshit insane story.

Yeah Prison School still shows Hiramoto's talent with the art and how the plot is conveyed. But I wouldn't deny that the gratuitous and over-the-top ecchi scene put me off. Since Prison School is pretty popular, Hiramoto should have more authorial power the editor than before. I wonder what his next work will be.

Quasar

Damn you time zones!

Anyways, Me & the Devil Blues probably was practice for Prison School in a technical sense (if you think an artist is always capable of improving their craft). No comment on the literary value though :D

Whilst I've not seen the other stuff I do feel the depiction of Andrei gets worse and worse each chapter.

kasane

Damn you time zones!

what are you talking about

prison school is a literally masterpiece, an instant classic and will be talked about for years to come while his contemporaries try to imitate his genius

Theonik

Shokugeki no Soma 01-10
Finally read this on a whim today. Was worth it. So gooooood.
Relevant to my interests etc.
Not sure about best girls. The meat queen is making me very aroused however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom