• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
One Piece Chapter 275

Holy shit. He just resuscitated himself. :O

Damn Eneru, u REALLY scary.

KumaJG

Kingdom 377-382

theres not enough 40's in the world for seikyou
tocry.png

cr.gif

Kingdom 47

I had figured that
Ten was a girl the whole time.
Guess this first arc is over. I'm guessing a timeskip is going to happen sooner or later.

dumbyugi

Shokugeki no Soma 69

I still think this battle can go either way. I want Megumi to win but at the same time I would love to see a possible Soma vs Ryou match.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kingdom 1

Alright, no running away now Banana-kun. :p

Gonna just start with one chapter today, but I'm liking it. Good setup at the start.

Vito

Banned
Seduce me after the comics festival: Q&A with est em and Jocelyne Allen:

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2014/0...s-festival-qa-with-est-em-and-jocelyne-allen/

Wish they announced the merch earlier, not really into BL but I can respect her artwork

tumblr_n5aew5JVJr1rp7p8xo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_n5aew5JVJr1rp7p8xo3_1280.jpg

“est em Exclusive Print” – $10

TCAF has teamed with Toronto’s Color Code Printing and 2014 Featured Guest ‘est em’ to produce an exclusive, limited edition risograph print.

Meant to mirror a similar print produced by TCAF in 2014 for Gengoroh Tagame, this print by est em is influenced by Spanish culture and the matadors in her popular works Golandrina and Carmen.

“est em” Carmen, English-language doujinshi – $5

TCAF has teamed with est em to produce an exclusive, English-language doujinshi, available exclusively at TCAF!

“What if Jose and the bullfighter in ‘Carmen’ were lovers?” This is that idea, brought to life. Bizet’s classic opera ‘Carmen’, turned into a sexy, sensual, and deadly BL doujinshi by internationally acclaimed author ‘est em’!

32 pages, black and white. English translation by Jocelyne Allen.

http://torontocomics.tumblr.com/post/85185936119

Aunt Tits 123

That ass would be Chairman approved. 9 page chapters whyyyyyyy.........

Prison School 110

Poor Andre. Vice Prez' chest continues to grow in size.

Antiwhippy

Kingdom 5

Ok, I lied. This manga is hard to put down.

Not sure about them not translating the pinyin though. Kind of jarring in a way. Just translate the whole damn thing.

_hekk05

Banned
Kingdom 5

Ok, I lied. This manga is hard to put down.

Not sure about them not translating the pinyin though. Kind of jarring in a way. Just translate the whole damn thing.

Its the funniest thing. Originals are in japanese of course, and they have specific pronunciations for these. However, they might not be in line with chinese pronunciations. Which do you want them to use? From what I see, different translators used different translation bases.

Antiwhippy

Well, I mean, it's pretty much the equivalent of "All according to keikaku*." Just make it english. This is pretty much much my stance for any localisation though. The only ones I'm ok with are like senpai and all the otaku terms that have been adopted by the culture in general like tsundere, but that's only because I've had that ingrained into me when I first started reading manga.

*Keikaku means plan.

_hekk05

Banned
Well, I mean, it's pretty much the equivalent of "All according to keikaku*." Just make it english. This is pretty much much my stance for any localisation though. The only ones I'm ok with are like senpai and all the otaku terms that have been adopted by the culture in general like tsundere, but that's only because I've had that ingrained into me when I first started reading manga.

*Keikaku means plan.

But they just ooze style. All according to keikaku*

*keikaku means plan.

Antiwhippy

I dunno, I guess it might be because I understand pin yin, but I think it's just awkward. Mostly because they also leave out the tone marks which are essential to understanding pin yin.

So I mostly go "Wut. Oh that's what they meant."

If you want to do it go all the way!

Antiwhippy

Kingdom 18

Really liking the mountain people designs. Generally in favour of people who rip out throats with their teeth.

Fuuka 14
Man he was taking that CPR "kiss" a little too seriously. And now there's a misunderstanding between Fuuka and him and the idol friend

Soma 69
tumblr_n5ev7wyrFo1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Why couldnt it have got a colour page this week, I need this in colour. More time with young Kurokiba Ryou is needed as I think its second best of the young stories so far, giving a shop on his own and having to manage it at such an early age with so much lacking talent around him. I imagine we need a bit more time as it hasn't addressed how he ended up at Tozuki.

Just disappointing the writing is trying to make him end up losing as embracing such self-centered ideals usually loses out to teamwork and friendship end of the day.

Hinamatsuri 35

Oh yes, Anzu, try to impress the future female CEO of Japan with 5000 yen, that'll work.
KFEOVaw.png

And damn, from the earnest desire to buy a gift for her foster parents to fall in the hell of gambling, so cruel :p

Me & The Devil Blues 2

mptpMZ4.png

The adventures and misadventures of RJ and Clyde in the deep USA!
Ok, it's actually a bit darker than that. And tense, I think the best part is the tension, it's very well realized in the town full of KKK boys. And the freaky hands, oh my god!

scy

Kingdom 381-384 - Hi Shin unit pls.

"Imprisoned for fourteen years!" sounds impressive and all as a way to make them unknown monsters but ... to be in any kind of fighting shape? Well, okay.

_hekk05

Banned
Kingdom 381-384 - Hi Shin unit pls.

"Imprisoned for fourteen years!" sounds impressive and all as a way to make them unknown monsters but ... to be in any kind of fighting shape? Well, okay.

When you have nothing to do in a cell for fourteen years, think of how many push ups you will do purely out of boredom

Also see Zuko's uncle from avatar.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Saucy where do you live? In some countries, they prescribe codein for sore throat, and that helps you sleep. Had some in the army once. Best sleep I had in months
I live in the USA, dunno if that's what they prescribe here. But it's no biggie, I ended up sleeping like 3ish hours intermittently. I'll just sleep more when the effect wears off.

Waratte! Sotomura-san 67.5
That love story has been the best this manga's been in a while.

I live in the USA, dunno if that's what they prescribe here. But it's no biggie, I ended up sleeping like 3ish hours intermittently. I'll just sleep more when the effect wears off.

I remember when I had really horrible cough before my dad gave me 2 codein tablets. Didn't wake up until 4PM the next day.

that's some good shit.

Revo

Crepuscule 152

I'd care more about this revelation if I didn't make the joke every week that each chapter of this series only feels like it was a few minutes (regardless if it actually was) in the world.

TAL 105

How will our white haired hero get out of this mess? Find out next whenever.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma 69

Whoa what. If they're going this route for Ryou he really can lose. No way they'll let him win if he's losing on the ideals.

Also that Tadokoro giving him a hit, haha. He's so mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom