• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Hayate no Gotoku 449

Shhhhh... No plot now, only romance comedy

Hinagiku: I want to eat your miso soup everyday!!

Hayate: I don't have the ingredients right now so that would be difficult.

(ノ≧┏Д┓≦)ノ彡┻━┻

Caste Heaven 01

In a high school where people's ranks are decided by a caste game, our bitchy protag falls down from king to joker and now I dunno something.

So yeah, I don't really like the protag so hurray he's going to suffer or something?

Caste Heaven 01

In a high school where people's ranks are decided by a caste game, our bitchy protag falls down from king to joker and now I dunno something.

So yeah, I don't really like the protag so hurray he's going to suffer or something?

He seems to have some pretty bad luck, finding Joker the first time, and then getting it this second time, maybe he'll legit get King a third time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 69

Tadokoro moe level: A-

I bet Ryou and Alice are up to some seriously kinky shit in the bedroom. Probably involving the headband.

scy

Hayate no Gotoku 449

(ノ≧┏Д┓≦)ノ彡┻━┻

Just reading this angers me immensely in ways I can't put into words.

Hayate no Gotoku 449

(ノ≧┏Д┓≦)ノ彡┻━┻

Hayate has developed stalling into an artform. Marvelous.

upandaway

Hayate

It's an entire chapter of Hinagiku confessing to Hayate, but somehow that doesn't really make me feel like I thought I'd feel.

I am laughing though.

Tamanon

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma

This might actually end up being the ideal matchup for Tadokoro. A highly skilled chef that's concerned with imposing his culinary will on the judges, whereas she can embrace her comfort "feel-good" style with ramen.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

Well y'know what.

I initially thought there's no way Tadokoro can win because Ryou was said to be better than Alice. Right? Power Levels Standards dictate that either Soma or someone Soma will later beat has to beat Ryou. But y'know what.
I forgot just how easily Soma beat Alice. It wasn't even a contest. With that in mind it's totally possible for Tadokoro to beat Ryou if it's with some difficulty.

Flow 45 - 46
tumblr_n5f3qaMwNq1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Finally more Yun Yi Rang action and my other two getting into this under sea place, if they could enter Anima Rena, but then they do risk taking each others anime, so though I want it to happen it would be unlikely. Good arena arc.

Okobore Hime to Entaku no Kishi 02-04

Well this somehow continues to be entertaining to read? I mean they threw in ancient curses, ghost energy, talking with the past kings, yet our new queen is likable, snarky and actually a good character. I'm pretty impressed with this.

Articalys

I wish Hata would just abandon the idea of trying to have plot, relationships, or character development in Hayate and just save us all the trouble of having to worry about it.

Revo

Hayate no Gotoku 449

Needs more A-tan. Still, this is farther than most series get in halfway confessions. Certainly better than Nisekoi's raku falling asleep (which was just animated, so extra mad).

Black Joke 29

She will care for him alright.

_hekk05

Banned
I wish Hata would just abandon the idea of trying to have plot, relationships, or character development in Hayate and just save us all the trouble of having to worry about it.

But finding a little bit of plot amongst the sea of fillers is what makes us appreciate plot the most.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kingdom 100

Man, reading the scans using the chinese translations for the names is really fucking it up for me now that there are only scans which uses the japanese names.

Marche90

Aunt Tits 123 (Finally!)

Dat Ass.

Also, the late twenties crisis, huh? Let's see how this goes. At least she's being honest about what bothers her from the get-go.

Me & the Devil Blues 3

Very interesting panelling. The author also likes to warp the perspective sometimes, in extreme closeup zoom or to signal delusion, drunkness, a hit on the head, whatever.
The plot is right now interesting (and goddamn the basement part was creepy!), but to be honest it's the drawing, the panelling and the visual narrative that it drives forward the comic.

dA68n21.png

UUtG10g.png

more warping http://i.imgur.com/2qzlZAo.png
superb pattern http://i.imgur.com/cVlmhdX.png

Articalys

But finding a little bit of plot amongst the sea of fillers is what makes us appreciate plot the most.
Really though, Hata's real problem is that he starts a plot point, then abandons it for like twenty chapters to do some random unrelated comedy before coming back to it after we've all forgotten about it.

The highlight of his trolling was probably that scene where Hayate, Mikado, and Aika were about to discuss a serious plot point, but the meeting got completely derailed by incoming phone calls.

Marche90

Silver Spoon 101

I'm not exactly sure about leaving Okawa-senpai for the president position, but who am I to argue with Hachiken's logic. Also, I'm being biased because of all the shenanigans that he has caused before, but it seems that at least he can be a hard-working guy.

Love x Rob x Stockholm 01-04

Average guy who wants more in his life gets what he wishes for by becoming the hostage of a teenage bank robber in his own apartment.

High action, goes everywhere, references here and there, a little bit of a mess to follow but still pretty entertaining.

Bakuman 100-130, I think?

Man, what the fuck is this shit? Like, OK. Shit's happening, it's going good, everyone's improving their art, then OH SHIT LOOK AT THIS THAT ONE ASSHAT THAT DIDN'T WORK BEFORE IS A-OK NOW BECAUSE MONEY IS GOOD SO FUCK "INTEGRITY".
Dude that writes this knows how to make good "villains".

Also, this comic got me to learn some art stuff and it already helped me out in some stuff. Visualize scenes, don't just look at the piece you're working on. Good advice.

Stulaw

I just realised it's been over a year since I stopped reading Nanatsu no Taizai, which is really weird because I don't remember dropping it for any reason whatsoever. It's also been over 2 years since Bakuman finished, time really flies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Sonna Mirai wa Uso de Aru 1-49
Well this was certainly interesting. A 4koma about a girl who can see someone's future if she meets their eyes befriending a girl who can always tell when someone lies.

It wasn't funny per se, but it's certainly cute. I've gotten pretty attached to the characters and I love the friendship between the two leads. The romance is an absolute clusterfuck though. The single male lead has a veritable harem. I hope he gets with the girl who can see the future, but who knows how fucked up that route is now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kingdom 116

So, isn't this pretty much dynasty warriors the manga? Not in that it's in the warring states which is obvious enough, but now it's turned into big men with improbable martial skills killing everyone like fodder except for other big men with improbable martial skills.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just realised it's been over a year since I stopped reading Nanatsu no Taizai, which is really weird because I don't remember dropping it for any reason whatsoever. It's also been over 2 years since Bakuman finished, time really flies.

God the last few arcs were so bad.

Hitotsu Yane no Shita no 01-04

Well this was surprisingly a lot less lewder and more blush faces than I expected it to be. It's pretty cute, expecting lots of drama in where it is going though.

Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo 11

For some reason I'm a little disappointed they didn't have an entire chapter of him being in between her thighs.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yajuu Kanojo 2
Holy shit, this guy is like the best boyfriend in a shoujo manga I've seen recently

Needs a kiss to get better -> girlfriend is offering it -> but she's scared because of past experience -> doesn't go for it

I applaud you, fictional boyfriend dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom