• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Emoma is going to lose to the power of Tadokoro's warm, family-oriented, friendship-infused ramen broth. It'll set up an eventual consolation prize for her when Soma himself moves onto the Erina arc and she gets marginalized like every girl not named Erina.

You people didn't know Puppy Lovers until now? Lol.
When I discovered NtK, the first thing I did was to go this page and from there you can discover Puppy Lovers, Toshiue no Hito, Happy Negative Marriage and others.

Soma

Amazume Ryuta draws the strangest... smiles? grins?

I definitely don't hate it but it's just something that really stands out to me.

Uwagaki 15

ONIbZjs.png

Stupid MC making them cry!
There is a fair bit of crossed misunderstandings here. Or at least a silly chain of feelings.

Well, that's one solution to "solve" the problem and still feel fair about it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I wouldn't say that is a face trying to suppress an orgasm. Invoking orgasms, maybe.

Kingdom 183

I know it's the whole point of the manga, but man, this constant warring is fucking tiring.

_hekk05

Banned
So I just discovered musuko no yome DON'T GOOGLE!! THE MANGA IS NOT WELL KNOWN BUT APPARENTLY JAVS ARE

No scans I can find, and no groups are taking it.

Something about a teacher's son dying and his daughter-in-law coming to live with him. Its a comedy. I think.

Those with moonrune powers can check it out
at that place that rhymes with [give]

Also Kingdom 387 is out. Dunno if scans are though

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Weirdly enough the other musuko no yome also had something to do with a woman and her father-in-law.

In a completely different manner.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Emoma is going to lose to the power of Tadokoro's warm, family-oriented, friendship-infused ramen broth. It'll set up an eventual consolation prize for her when Soma himself moves onto the Erina arc and she gets marginalized like every girl not named Erina.

Say, are you really, like, the *only* mod reading manga here in GAF?

Date A Live vol 4 (LN)

That opening chapter is just as painful to read as it was to watch. Mark my words, vengeance shall be had. It's business as usual after that, with Origami's hilarity and mania compensating for all the focus on Kotori, who's still too tsundere for my tastes. Anyway, there're no real surprises or deviations from the anime again, everything ends as expecte--

fgp2t70.png

Oh hey, hang on, Kurumi gets an extra scene in the Epilogue. Awesome stuff.

wait wat

WAT

Leaving me with my mouth hanging open is becoming a habit of hers. I'd always presumed there was some higher motive behind her madness, but this, uh, completely exceeds my expectations. My assumptions about her mentality have taken more damage than the amusement park after Origami's rampage.

No, seriously, now I just don't know what to think. If you were utterly set on seeing the best in people you could take it that her goal is actually a compassionate one and
she's aware that fulfilling it will timehax her Spirit self out of existence*, thereby negating her 20,000+ kill streak, hence her... cavalier attitude towards human life.
Alternatively, you can take her batshit demeanour at face value and believe that she's as vindictive and single-mindedly obsessive about her objective as Origami is/was, with anything involved in pursuing it being a mere pawn to be used and discarded as she sees fit.

The best part is, this revelation makes it far more likely that she'll have a significant role to play moving forwards. It also confirms her as having the funkiest Angel and means that I can call her the (arguably) most intriguing character without wondering if it's just my bias talking.

Anyway, I've reached the end of season 1, so this is on hold for now until I've watched S2.

I'm not touching the paradox implications.

Shengar

Boku wa Mari no Naka

I found this manga earlier in the past and read through the first chapter, then I forget it about somehow. Until recently, I just remember about its gender/body swap thing and Dark Souls reference which makes looking up for it over the internet. After half an hour of searching, I finally managed to found its name and began to read it again. I thought this will be your usual comedy manga where the characters swap their body. Until Isao in Mari's body found out that his body still acting like the way he did.

Shit, stuffs escalated quickly since then, right after I found out that the author is the one who also done Aku No Hana. He twisted the basic premise of this kind of story with unexpected turn that I've never seen before. Who would've thought that there is a big question about "where is the real Mari?". This particular twist itself already makes the manga sound really promising, but Shuzo Oshimi didn't stop there. He shows psychological shits that one needs to deal with when your soul and consciousness swap into another person's life, and the fact that person is an opposite gender of yours makes the psychological mind struggle even more complicated and intriguing.

Reading the latest two chapters reminds me of some Russian short stories that dealing with mind problem. I hope Isao wouldn't ended up like the protagonist in those stories.

Revo

Kyou kara Ore wa!! Overall thoughts

I took like a half hour trying to figure out how I wanted to describe this series that would capture how much I enjoyed it and I was never able to get something that was satisfactory.

From tears from laughter for tears of sadness that it was over, Kyou kara Ore wa!! has made me cry a lot. Easily the funniest manga I have ever read. If you haven't read it, read it now. If you have, well, it's time to read it again.

Please God

RTGFAwW.png

Another tank of oneshots, this time josei. As usual, lots of them feature extreme hand holding. One of them is about incest being fucking creepy and not fun, though not all of them are that negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom