• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece 746
BndRIoUCcAEexI-.png:large

Funniest page in a long time, the most hardcore fan of both characters confirmed. lol.

Was disappointed Zoro isnt ranked on Sabo and Luffy level and someone like Ussop is ranked all highly. He should be down there with Rebeca.

Revo

Tonari no Kashiwagi-san overall thoughts (1-55)

Are you desperately searching for that typical really really typical boy falls in love with a really cute girl? Have you gone through so many options out there that you really ? Well, this must be your lucky day to come upon this.

Main couple sucks. So boring and such a drag to read. I enjoy the beta couple though. If you disregard all the parts about the main couple, and just read about the beta couple it could be alright.

So do yourself a favor and read Kyou kara Ore wa!! instead.

One Piece 746
BndRIoUCcAEexI-.png:large

Funniest page in a long time, the most hardcore fan of both characters confirmed. lol.

Was disappointed Zoro isnt ranked on Sabo and Luffy level and someone like Ussop is ranked all highly. He should be down there with Rebeca.

He pissed off Doflamingo though.

Olimpos 1-11
A retelling of Ganymede and the Greek Gods. Basic plot consists of backstory telling us about how he was captured and put into a garden. Gods are omniscient beings that don't eat, don't age, and always tell the truth.

Apollo is a pretty boy who torments him. Hades is some hairy dude with a woman's face that shows up and spews philosophy. Zeus is some giant winged cloud being with no major role. Poseidon is a macho guy who wants to overthrow Zeus with no major role (No, seriously. Apollo outright says that Poseidon is a loser compared to his two brothers). Diana also shows up in the story but is basically a mirror that repeats whatever Apollo says.

No major story elements aside from Hades saying that the "Sky will rot." And then there's talk about destroying the world. But nothing will come out of happen. Basic story is that Ganymede wants to escape from his imprisonment but can't. He decides not to in the end. It ends with Zeus smiling at Ganymede off-screen and Apollo questioning Ganymede about the cause. Then it ends.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
No, Sheba from Golden Sun
I don't read Magi

Also, you guys don't understand how genius Komi Naoshi could be under the right circumstances. Double Arts ;_;

Charade

Also, you guys don't understand how genius Komi Naoshi could be under the right circumstances. Double Arts ;_;

Saito: Nisekoi actually got started because I recommended to Komi sensei that he should draw a romantic comedy since the girls he draws are cute.

BLAME SAITO!!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
who would remember such a dead series
It's too bad no sequel exists to the Lost Age. Really. Too bad.

Saito: Nisekoi actually got started because I recommended to Komi sensei that he should draw a romantic comedy since the girls he draws are cute.

BLAME SAITO!!
(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

Well this is mildly fucked up.

Charade

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yajuu Kanojo 2A
uTdxwhA.png

Men are wolves, yo

I read this out of order, but it's good to know how things came about I guess. He was acting really dumb to her, but wasn't entirely his fault, he didn't know she had a controlling boyfriend before. A pretty shitty situation, but at least it got resolved happily

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
:D

Zai x 10 19
I take it back, magical girl isn't best girl, this girl is.

Magical girl is #2 tho. Or maybe 3, because flight attendant lady is a bamf

Stealth Symphony 11 and 11.5
BndzadgCcAI4ufD.png

Best smile of the week. Was actually mostly impressed with the Assassin's Guild folks popping up and doing their own attacks. I kind of want Jig to join that Guild and leave the Cyborg Training School of sorts.

upandaway

Okay, hm. I'm having to guess with the crappy translation out there, but would it be ch. 12?
And what happened to chapter 11? Slow down panda!!
I'm already done with 13 so the re-translation is all finished.

Prison School 109-110

Yeah I'm still incredibly distracted by the fact what they're doing to Meiko is kind of really really illegal and dangerous. I know I'm not supposed to think about this because it's just manga, but.. man. I guess I'll give this a break.

BLue Exorcist 57

Chuckled when Konekomaru thought of Bon as one of the first people when he was facing his situation before him.

Shima still seems to be sending signals that he has ulterior motives in this illuminati affair. He just let Konekomaru go just like that with just a glance and nothing else, unless he knows how weak he is.

Garden

And I finish today with just another volume of oneshots. God I so tired now...

This one was good. Garden, from Furuya Usamaru (Genkaku Picasso, Jisatsu Circle, Music of Marie, etc). It's a very eclectic collection, from surreal humor, to sex, to pure symbolism and impressionism, to love and drama, fantasy and horror, and the overall level is pretty good, all things considered. The drawing is very good, and you can see the interest of the author in art, there are picassian moments, renaissance crosshatch for a story about alchemy, Bosch (in fact the first story is clearly inspired in his work), and more sketchy but interesting stuff.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
One Piece Chapter 329

"We're gonna go demolish that ridiculous house."

Shit's about to get real bad for the franky family :3

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
One Piece Chapter 333
I knew it was coming since I've seen it animated, but ;_;.

So long Usopp

Tenkuu Shinpan 22-23

Yes, please go rescue the human scapegoat.

Waste your last bullet trying to defend someone from the killer with the other gun.

Don't try and use him as a distraction so you can shoot the killer yourself or anything.

Also, make sure to close your eyes.

Lord knows you can't shoot someone with them open.

bigkrev

Nisekoi 121

Nice cover to the WSJ issue

This chapter actually did some work advancing a plot- the revelation that there needs to be "something else" done to open the locket. This story will run it's course in a few weeks I think (can't see this girl sticking around in the harem), but at least there will have been something to remember.

One Piece volume 46

Ok, I laughed when after 15 slogging volumes of Water 7, we get introduced to a new character, and he is immediately offered a spot on the crew and accepts in the span of a few pages. Granted, he leaves (but I'm pretty sure he will be back), but it was kind of nice to just have something happen spontaneously that wasn't a convoluted fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom