• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

I still think Tadokoro loses, but it will be close. The only other option is a Tadokoro v. Soma showdown, which might not be a bad thing since there aren't any plot related reasons why they'd have a shokugeki.

A Tadokoro v. Soma shokugeki is being saved for a six-chapter sidestory to break the tedium of the Erina endgame arc.

She just wants him to drink her soup.

Zweizer

Banned
Kingdom ch385

Well, things have taken a turn for the worse. Kyoukai did pretty well all things considered, though I wonder whether she killed that officer or managed to capture him (considering the state of the battlefield she was in, the former seem more likely).

Stretch ch21

Wait, what?

dem fighting words

It's true though. His deck was riddled with luck-based stuff. He won by plot and lost by plot, basically (like every freakin' duel in the series actually).

KumaJG

Illegal Rare

Amazing new series. Pacing is good and the world is interesting. I am looking forward to the rest of the chapters.

It's true though. His deck was riddled with luck-based stuff. He won by plot and lost by plot, basically (like every freakin' duel in the series actually).

then again, most people's deck in the first series were basically whatever cards were needed as the plot was called.

they would have never worked as a real life deck

I thought that applies more to pendulum summoning and action duels of Arc-V.

Arc-V now has the cards you need to get as part of the game with the Action cards. Which wouldn't happen in real life anyway since duels will never become active, lol

A lot less than ZeXal's SHINING we're not even going to bother trying to handwave top decking something and make it an actual move now DRAW.

Charade

Stretch 21

So that's the boyfriend, huh. This kinda paints him in a new light after that nightmare chapter. Seems like the mom was the catalyst for their problems, I guess?

Zweizer

Banned
Legend of the Strongest Kurosawa ch1-End

eyQjSVA.jpg

What a ride! It's interesting to see how a disenfranchised middle-aged man managed to carve himself a path towards something more, to achieve something that for which he could be proud of despite all the hardships he came upon at first, and then throughout the whole series. It was truly a journey full of emotions, with at its center a rather unusual protagonist archetype -a ugly, socially awkward and family-less middle-aged man- yet he truly felt human, with human emotions, mood swings, hesitations, but also desperation, determination, and ultimately, pride. Whether you sympathize him or pity him, he somehow felt very much alive, struggling to achieve something, to stand in a world that's crushing him, and ultimately to communicate to the reader the necessity to stand for oneself, to live rather than simply being alive.

As per the course for a Fukumoto work, the manga is full of dramatic metaphors, the somewhat sluggish pacing, but also the ingenuity that desperate people are capable of, the easily distinct art that showcases facial expressions so well, and ultimately, the raw emotion that permeates through it.

Thank you MangaGAF for suggesting it. I think I even like it more than the other Kurosawa. Definitely a recommended read, despite the rather painful beginning.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but that permanent bump on his head is weird.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
A Tadokoro v. Soma shokugeki is being saved for a six-chapter sidestory to break the tedium of the Erina endgame arc.

She just wants him to drink her soup.

I had an amusing image of a Pair the Spares ending with Tadokoro and Takumi, mostly just for the prospective DTL reaction.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Isn't it obvious that Tadokoro is the heroine in a love triangle between her, soma, and emoma?

Yes, but Tadokoro isn't going to win. She's either going to get set up with someone else or die a lonesome spinster.

kasane

Im quite sure Tadokoro is not in any love triangle here. Soma has never shown any sort of affectionate feelings towards her. He's just being a nice guy to a classmate that just needs some guidance.

dtl spouting truth bombs

we all know alice is the true winner

Will become the lovable madam of a small town where she is loved by everyone but never marries since she isn't over her first love.

yes

Indeed. I wonder how well the sequel will hold up though, considering how the manga ended. It may sound cliche but I'm hoping for a happier ending.

I really liked the ending and find a sequel unneeded. That being said I cannot judge, as I cannot read it. I should've expected a sequel because FKMT sequels everything

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He's bipolar manic-depressant.

So half emo.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He kills with food.

And the thing he kills is hunger!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Im quite sure Tadokoro is not in any love triangle here. Soma has never shown any sort of affectionate feelings towards her. He's just being a nice guy to a classmate that just needs some guidance.
I was just joking dude. Don't worry, I'm not threatening your yaoi agenda.

Will become the lovable madam of a small town where she is loved by everyone but never marries since she isn't over her first love.
Worst ending ever ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom