• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bokura No Henbyoushi
LD9lOwS.png

Another one volume of short stories yayy! Ugh.
This time from Kei Toume, an author I like. Alas, this is one of her early works, and it seems a bit more raw and unpolished, both the drawing and the writing. It's also one of the few mangas that features cannabis in the first story, lol.

More lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
KIngdom 363

Kyoukai fight was awesome.

Gotta say though, I'm fairly disappointed by most of the one on one fights. It mostly boils down to random flurry of slashes, and for shin it's him being knocked back a few times but then inexplicably overcoming through determination/friendship/random shounen bullshit.

_hekk05

Banned
oh wait lol I forgot there was a delay. Wait a day more guyssss

In the meantime, DTL would be interested in Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection 22

oh wait lol I forgot there was a delay. Wait a day more guyssss

In the meantime, DTL would be interested in Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection 22

You must be teasing something.

Or going DTL for a chapter is the new craze like how Nickelodeon just did one.

Tacitus_

KIngdom 363

Kyoukai fight was awesome.

Gotta say though, I'm fairly disappointed by most of the one on one fights. It mostly boils down to random flurry of slashes, and for shin it's him being knocked back a few times but then inexplicably overcoming through determination/friendship/random shounen bullshit.

Yeah, the shounen bullshit is the biggest pitfall of the series.

And the horses. They look like barrels on legs >_>

Revo

God of Highschool 159

North Korea sucks.

Gepetto 82

Hopefully the fighting ends soon and we can move forward.

Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection 22

Never forget your bros.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection 22

Brothers before wenches!
But seriously, coolest bro ever.

Monster Musume 24
Ah, 8th Grader syndrome.
Yeah, i remember having that moment during my junior high school moment, thinking i'm some kind of hero trapped in mortal world, waiting for companion from other world pick me up. Man, that was embarassing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My assumption is that the contrast in styles is that Eyeliner is going to have an overpowering dish and Tadokoro's dish is going to be subtle.

Bus Hashiru

Another one volume of short stories. At some point, I will finish all of them!

Again Mizu Sahara (I wrote about her Sukima Shiki a pair of days ago). Though, the drawing is mostly the same but.. it seems slightly better? They are from around the same dates, so maybe this was done with a more relaxed schedule. Special mention to the color work, both the covers and in the interior. For example
http://i.imgur.com/vtlSkFa.png

As the title indicates, they are short stories with a common theme: bus stops (not really, the last two comes apart). Well, and love, being a shojo/josei and all that.
And they are pretty sweet. The author knows to make a minimal setup good enough to get across the message and make then the climax, without wasting pages, something valuable in short stories. Much better than other author's oneshots that try to make too much in a limited numbed of pages, and they end up failing.
Overall it's a very good volume, I liked more than the previous one. Recommendable.

survivor

Banned
Bus Hashiru

Again Mizu Sahara (I wrote about her Sukima Shiki a pair of days ago). Though, the drawing is mostly the same but.. it seems slightly better? They are from around the same dates, so maybe this was done with a more relaxed schedule. Special mention to the color work, both the covers and in the interior. For example
http://i.imgur.com/vtlSkFa.png
Mizu Sahara has one of the most impressive colour pages in the industry. Needs to release an artbook.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still think Tadokoro loses, but it will be close. The only other option is a Tadokoro v. Soma showdown, which might not be a bad thing since there aren't any plot related reasons why they'd have a shokugeki.

Angry Grimace

Why would two from polar star dorm face off? I dont see how it helps the story.

Why wouldn't it help the story? You have to extend the arc even longer if you don't converge the plot threads.

This seems like the "obvious" route to take.

No one ever said shonen was clever. Dude's standing around talking about overpowering everyone and practically everyone that loses in this series loses due to hubris.

Angry Grimace

Arent they living there for 2 or 3 years? It just seems like some event that would happen way late in the series lifetime to give Tadokoro some conclusion before returning to the seas alone.

There's no occasion for them to fight outside of a tournament arc. Its like asking why Goku and Krillin had a match in Dragon Ball during the Budokai tournament when they could just fight some other time.

Cotton

Last one today. A half-volume josei with very slight yuri undertones (they make a joke about gardens, even :p) about a twenty something woman and a high school girl with problems that are intrigued by each other, and by fate's chance they meet again when one of them happen to be the sister-in-law from a relative.

It wasn't bad, it has good moments near the middle of the story, but it also lost some points near the end when a MISUNDERSTANDING appear, put there to create drama
and have a happy peace-making reunion just in the last pages as climax. A bit typical. Also the yuri end is averted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom