• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
Fuuka 14

Damn, Fuuka showing up right at the moment there was something random that pushed Koyuki towards Yuu? This is so Seo, so damn Seo.

Speaking of Seo I really need another chapter of Nozaki-kun. D:

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fuuka 14

Damn, Fuuka showing up right at the moment there was something random that pushed Koyuki towards Yuu? This is so Seo, so damn Seo.

I have a a feeling the rage is about to begin, brace yourselves.

kasane

Fuuka 14

THE SINGER GIRL IS BEST GIRL

OK

UNLESS FUUKA SOMEHOW COMPETES FOR THE CHARTS

Dresden

sidonia - 54

Uh, that was fast. And kinda incoherent. Tsumugi's dress ;_;

rpuQSqe.png

The silliness and the humor keeps thing moving along, as usual. Thank god it hasn't turned into a dour mess.

Jintor

Oh hey I got a response from Seven Seas re: Nana. This internet thing is great.

Q: How far can you guys go with the ecchi stuff? I saw a nipple early in Monster Musume... is an even more borderline work like Nana to Kaoru completely off the table?

Hahaha…

It’s no lie that we push the ballot, and I think that most of our fans likely know this. Obviously we don’t want, nor intend to publish a series that goes over that fine line. Anything with explicit sexual content (i.e. scenes depicting sex/full genitalia), and content that would immediately flag it as 18+.

We avoid such titles since brick & mortar retailers (where the majority of our sales still come from) are less willing to stock them/order nearly as many copies of <18+ titles. In the case of Nana to Kaoru…well, it certainly is extreme. Too extreme for us? Hard to say. Though it is getting a tad bit long, with 11 volumes currently and on-going. —CC

I bet the length is a larger deterrent than the smut, based on that answer. Sigh.

Mortemis

Banned
I have a a feeling the rage is about to begin, brace yourselves.
I honestly can't wait. I'm no maso but this rage cracks me the fuck up. Well more like people raging cracks me the fuck up.
THE SINGER GIRL IS BEST GIRL

OK

UNLESS FUUKA SOMEHOW COMPETES FOR THE CHARTS

Obviously best anything is that misaka guy. DTL route is almost a given at this point.
:p

Btw, in almost every harem manga I remember reading, celebrity girl loses. The only manga I can remember winning is koisome momiji and she was the first girl anyways.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I say I'll read about donut cats but then get drawn away by the allure of crappy shoujo manga

Uso Kano 6
woo the cliched beach scene. and woo cliched stay overnight because the train's not working. woo crappy shoujo manga

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket 261

Not a fan of Akashi but he is the guy that does impressive moves without any type of effort. Anyway we should get ready for Kagami to counter Akashi.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Natsu no Arashi! 27
Ah I see, so she's the reason he becomes so nice, and the reason he's rich. Maybe he'll fall in love with her, seeing as they're the same age right now,

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Duction Man up to 19
So the main character is a construction worker with an intense hatred of show business. He wants to marry his girlfriend, but she has a secret that she's been keeping from him, which prevents her from agreeing even though she wants to. And so, due to various circumstances, he has to work as a manager in the industry he hates in order to marry her.

He's probably one of the most manly MC's I've read about in recent memory whose manliness isn't just played off strictly for comedy (which this manga does well, too). He won't compromise his morals for anything, especially when confronted with the underbelly of the trade. Speaking of which, that's one of the strengths of this manga. A whole arc was even dedicated to addressing how idols/actresses who can't catch a break basically prostitute themselves for a role, and how the yakuza have their hands in the pie even at the highest of levels. But I digress.

Despite keeping to his morals no matter what, the MC isn't necessarily lawfully good. Hell, the latest arc deals with how many people, including the MC, depend on the yakuza, and view them as the "good guys", making the deuteragonist of the arc question what justice is, and what is right and wrong. The character development of said deuteragonist is probably one of my favorite things about this manga yet.

The romance is good, and you can tell the MC really loves her and she really loves him, but I find it super creepy if I think about it too much to be honest. He's 26 and she's 15 or 16... I just pretend she's older than that and he's younger than that to make myself feel better.

But yeah, all in all, I recommend it.

edit: also it's seinen so it has lots of sex

And seriously, just look at this fucking guy

upandaway

Revo please get an avatar, I'm currently maintaining every cell at 100% alert just to recognize your existence and it's extremely taxing on my heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom