• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Remember how insane America got over Harry Potter? There you go.

In before One Piece Hollywood film series that makes more money than third world nations.

Honestly, that could be pretty cool if Oda has the same input in production that Rowling had.

Izayoi

Banned
I just finished Soul Eater.

I'm so sad that's it's over... ;_;

I was really hoping for more of a resolution for Soul and Maka's relationship, too... Oh well.

kasane

In before One Piece Hollywood film series that makes more money than third world nations.

Honestly, that could be pretty cool if Oda has the same input in production that Rowling had.

I have no idea how a one piece hollywood film can turn out good.

Izayoi

Banned
Was a pretty decent Shonen series. The ending felt weak though.
I loved the ending, to be honest, I just wanted a little more exposition between Soul and Maka... I feel that there's room for a "post-story" chapter, but maybe that's where he intends to take NOT.

Sadly, I feel this way after a lot of series end... There's always room for just a little more. It sucks. ;_;

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That Shueisha WSJ media guide of 2014 gave an update on the series circ numbers.
tumblr_n4jeb21PQF1qbxqfpo1_500.png

One Piece : 307,440,000
Dragon Ball : 159,500,000
Kochi Kame : 157,200,000
Naruto : 131,510,000
Slam Dunk : 121,360,000
Bleach : 82 070 000
Jojo's bizarre adventure : 69,410,000
Hunter x Hunter : 66,290,000
Rurouni Kenshin : 59,100,000
Yuyu Hakusho : 50,000,000

What's Kenshin and Slam Dunk doing there? o_O The mangas ended so long ago, right?

Or is this a lifetime sold thing...?

Quixzlizx

Nisekoi 120

Yui-nee has a point. Who cares about a promise from 10 years ago that he can't even remember? He should do the socially acceptable thing by pretending the promise never happened and spending the next three thousand chapters simping after Onodera to no effect.

BatDan

I feel Soul Eater needs a sequel, there's a few loose ends that still out there. Hopefully we get it after Okubo finishes NOT.

I have no idea how a one piece hollywood film can turn out good.

Take the Marvel approach in terms of adaptation.
Have Oda's input. Rowling had input on the Harry Potter movies, like the strict rule of "No American actors".
Millions of dollars! Millions of dollars! Millions of dollars! Millions of dollars!

I feel Soul Eater needs a sequel, there's a few loose ends that still out there. Hopefully we get it after Okubo finishes NOT.

Have Oda's input. Rowling had input on the Harry Potter movies, like the strict rule of "No American actors".
Millions of dollars! Millions of dollars! Millions of dollars! Millions of dollars!

One Piece has enough arcs to make like 50 movies.
And it's not even done.

kasane

Just thinking about a real life luffy is making me cringe.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
the best mangas are forever in the hearts of buyers

I actually don't know but i don't think this is lifetime sales.

*if* this is continual sales up to 2014 then color me impressed then for Kenshin and Slam Dunk. Dragon Ball is Dragon Ball so it's not a surprise, but those two... huh.

Izayoi

Banned
When people are talking about soul eater im somehow reminded of d gray man
I like both. I dropped DGM later on... when they were in the Earl's castle, I think? I need to pick it back up again.

The designs of the main characters are similar, at least when you look at Soul and Allen...

Who knows how long NOT will run for, though...

I like it, but I just want to know more about what happened with Soul and Maka!

What kind of release schedule is it on, monthly?

BatDan

Pirates of the Grand Line 2: The Sand Man's Chest

Pirates of the Grand Line 3: At the Sky's End.

Yeah, it's monthly. Same magazine as SE.
It was on hiatus while Okubo finished up Soul Eater, now it's back. It's a prequel so maybe it's leading up to the events of the first chapter.

dumbyugi

Incredible how Kenshin and Slam Dunk still hang in there. I've never heard of Kochi Kame, maybe I should look into it.

What's more interesting is that there's seemingly no Shoujo or any other non-Shounen types in there.

Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Koen Mae Hashutsujo, or Kochikame for short, is one the longest running manga series ever. It's been in every single issue of Jump since it started in 1976. It doesn't sell that well but it has 189 volumes so it adds up.

survivor

Banned
Incredible how Kenshin and Slam Dunk still hang in there. I've never heard of Kochi Kame, maybe I should look into it.

What's more interesting is that there's seemingly no Shoujo or any other non-Shounen types in there.
Isn't that list just for WSJ manga? Cause stuff like Hana Yori Dango already sold 60 millions.

Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Koen Mae Hashutsujo, or Kochikame for short, is one the longest running manga series ever. It's been in every single issue of Jump since it started in 1976. It doesn't sell that well but it has 189 volumes so it adds up.

Holy shit 189 volumes
Makes JoJo look weak

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Right? And the implied status of MC + Aneki, right?! I'm not imagining things, right?

I have no idea what to think.

Right?!
Nah, I think MC and Aneki aren't together, but they're a lot closer. I mean, being in the bath together wouldn't have happened before. But still, if they really were together, she wouldn't have blindfolded him.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this. First place I went.
yup. Their family situation is weird man. pls don't be dead for real okaa-san ;_;

Imasugu Onii-chan ni Imouto da tte Iitai! 02-06

Dat Onii-chan~

For a series where the title is basically, I want to tell my onii-chan, I'm his imouto!, there was a lot of focus on his classmates. Like his childhood friend, the shy girl, the girl who he has a crush on
who ends up being his younger brother
, the childhood friend of the childhood friend, the ditzy teacher, the girl with the sword, etc, etc.

I'm still waiting to see when all the gender issues start popping up that I was promised in the summary but I guess I can live with more onii-chan~ fun.

dumbyugi

I think I remember reading that Soul Eater NOT will be finishing up soon so that the anime can adapt the whole thing.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Hmmm. I've never heard about it. I'll check it out.

Isn't that list just for WSJ manga? Cause stuff like Hana Yori Dango already sold 60 millions.

Hooooooooo.

Is there a list like that for Shoujo and the like? I want to try reading stuff on that list just to see what kind of manga that is most popular to people reading that genre.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
wait what

D.Gray Man is still going? lol

Remember when it still made sense? When it was consistently pretty awesome and something to look forward to? hahaha... ha. :(

kasane

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_manga_series_by_volume_count
Jojo is tied for 8th with a cooking manga called Oishinbo.

Here's the top-sellers including non-Jump manga.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_manga

Even with non-Jump manga, One Piece still dominates.

Damn didn't know golgo 13 sold that much too.

Also anyone know a manga ( it was kinda smut ) The mc was having flashbacks ( more like he can see the future ) that his best friend is gonna kill him/

Quixzlizx

Also anyone know a manga ( it was kinda smut ) The mc was having flashbacks ( more like he can see the future ) that his best friend is gonna kill him/

Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite?

wait what

Remember when it still made sense? When it was consistently pretty awesome and something to look forward to? hahaha... ha. :(

I thinkkkkkk it's still on hiatus due to the mangaka's health problems or something.

And not because some shiny new game came out for a popular series unlike some other series.

dumbyugi

Ore ga Doutei wo Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite?

EDIT: Beaten.

BatDan

I thinkkkkkk it's still on hiatus due to the mangaka's health problems or something.

And not because some shiny new game came out for a popular series unlike some other series.

She actually has an excuse to be on hiatus.
Not "There's a new Dragon Quest and I need to bang my hot Sailor Moon wife".

scy

Extra layer of trolling. Reveal promise girl, end up picking somebody else anyway.

I really hope it does more than just that. This is just way too plain.

Nah, I think MC and Aneki aren't together, but they're a lot closer. I mean, being in the bath together wouldn't have happened before. But still, if they really were together, she wouldn't have blindfolded him.

I guess. I dunno. The dialogue or something. I DUNNO.

In which case, man, imouto moved fast.

yup. Their family situation is weird man. pls don't be dead for real okaa-san ;_;

Manga has taught me that not seeing the parents isn't actually a problematic thing.

wait what

I basically only read it for the main girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom