• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

There doesn't seem to be a lot of people that's reading Yamada-kun and the seven witches...

Great art, nice comedy, and a pretty good story.

Recommending along with Shokugeki No Soma (or Tadokoro's Bizzare Adventures as it should be known following the latest chapter) for those who haven't read it yet.

Anyone got any title recommendations along the likes of these two+The World God Only Knows?

Thanks
Yamada is actually one of the most read series in this thread.

dramatis

There doesn't seem to be a lot of people that's reading Yamada-kun and the seven witches...

Anyone got any title recommendations along the likes of these two+The World God Only Knows?
You mean you want a good harem series? I guess you can read Maoyuu, but that's not exactly harem. Don't read Nisekoi no matter who recommends it to you

And yes, quite a lot of people read Yamada, they just don't talk about it nearly as much as they used to. I'm a bit curious about why Kodansha (?) went the jdrama route instead of an anime. I wonder if the volumes would have sold more?

Kurita

Maybe they want her series to have just (superior) j-drama adaptations. Just like Mitsurou Kubo with Moteki and now Again!!.
And you know, a late night drama often has better TV ratings than a late night anime.

Aizo

Banned
I Am a Hero - Vol. 13
Interesting developments...
I started volume 14, and the onsen is on the cover.
Looks like their dream is going to come true... Pervy Hideo.

Boku Wa Mari no Naka - Ch. 27
More suffering incoming. This chapter was too pleasant.

Berserk
AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Just let Griffith talk to someone. I want to know what that bastard is up to! Falconia is amazing... And Griffith is so incredibly powerful. How can Guts stand a chance like this? Power-up in the upcoming chapters?

Vinland Saga - Ch. 100-104
The beard is finally been removed! That has bothered me for years! Sheesh. Thorfinn looks much better that way.
Gudrid seems awesome. That's the way you make a progressive female character in a setting full of extreme sexism. Vinland Saga has been all right about that before, but I hope she's a real badass. I'm getting excited about the upcoming voyage, and Gudrid will be sure to join--a possible love interest for Thorfinn?! Such a fantastic manga.

Otoyomegatari - Ch. 37-38
Wow. I'm surprised this is written by a woman sometimes.
That second chapter was so short!

One Piece - Ch. 748
Chapters like these make me wonder how people can speak ill of Oda's artwork.
Luffy's new-found band of buddies... ;_;

Akito

Yamada ran out of steam after the first batch of witches, there was that one perfect moment to end the story but Yoshikawa botched it. Speaking of an possible anime adaptation, only a little over 25k views to go.

ibzGmgTXtYEuic.jpg

Otoyomegatari - Ch. 37-38
Wow. I'm surprised this is written by a woman sometimes.
That second chapter was so short!
That's because she went to the Salon du Livre conference in Paris to accept some award.

Why Won't My Girlfriend NTR Me?!

Guy is obsessed with NTR. Guy (inexplicably) has girlfriend. He keeps trying to put her into these concocted situations where he thinks she will perform the deed, but she always remains faithful. Eventually, after all these crazy gags, the guy finally figures out that that's a good thing and they get together, happily ever after, the end.

boo happy endings

How many members of mangaf are there?

plz, not everyone has a list

June Jump Covers

Iron Knight -> Haikyuu -> World Trigger -> everything else

average batch of covers

I guess I'm also surprised Illegal Rare has enough chapters for a volume already. Hell, I even forgot it was still running, wwwwwww

Aizo

Banned
I dunno, there are plenty of touches where I felt is handled in a more feminine way.

That's for sure! That's why I said sometimes--this time was referring to the bath scene. I'm surprised she drew that last woman that way. It was pretty superfluous for her art style...

Jintor

Nana to kaoru 111

Yessss next breather is going to be ducking awesssommmeee

Amazing how on one level it's basically just cycling through various fetishes but on the other hand it's still an intense exploration of the feelings of these various characters

Jeeze that leash one really had me on edge there

Shiratama! 01-02

A 4koma about the formation of a girl's baseball team.

Based not on actually knowing how to play the game but more on liking the sport after watching it once. Kinda amusing at least.

Kurita

Aced my kanji test today (I hope).
Only one final left tomorrow, and that's just a one minute speech to do. danielbryanyes.gif

_hekk05

Banned
Hayate no Gotoku 451

Hata continues to troll us. A crying A-tan is fine too. Hinagiku is still trying, and that's the nicest thing I can say about her efforts. Also dat legendary curry ingredient lol my sides

imwatchingu

A hekk's worth is measured by how hard kasane is watching me

so lewd

Zweizer

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch1-21

I love how a rather cliché premise (friendly vampire romance) about what looks like at first glance an average romcom is greatly improved by wacky characters that are all equally great, notably thanks to their various reactions and general attitude (the MC and his romantic interest can't fool a kindergartener, the class rep is a by-the-book soldier, the childhood friend is an extreme contrarian, etc.) and while progress seems to be slow, the antics and gags are great enough that I didn't really care about it, though I do hope the MC will clear the misunderstanding sooner than later.

As a side note, I do find Youko to be the most moe vampire since Arcueid.

┐(ツ)┌

Akito

Ashita no Joe v13
The exhibition match is pretty much superfluous if you're just gonna throw in a real match afterwards. So I guess Carlos is not the final endboss as Joe's chances are not bad at all.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why Won't My Girlfriend NTR Me?!

Guy is obsessed with NTR. Guy (inexplicably) has girlfriend. He keeps trying to put her into these concocted situations where he thinks she will perform the deed, but she always remains faithful. Eventually, after all these crazy gags, the guy finally figures out that that's a good thing and they get together, happily ever after, the end.

Is this an actual thing?

Revo

Flow 49

If every series lost the ability to use 'that' to reference something important I would be so happy.
Otherwise standard progression chapter.

dramatis

Me and the Devil Blues END

I think the only sure thing I can say is that the art was quite good, and suited the manga story and setting very well.

I'm not too sure about the abrupt ending, but the adventure for what it was is pretty fantastic, and gave an odd sort of excuse to why 'RJ' played the way he does. The more supernatural parts and some other stuff wasn't quite resolved, but I think maybe they don't quite need an explanation.

What are the blues? Probably this manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom