• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
I really don't get DTL's obsession with the YGO manga...they seriously aren't that great or exciting. Very definition of mediocrity in manga form.

Big One

Banned
Not everything has to be objectively good to hold a place in your heart.
This is true, not really a case for myself most of the time though. I'm just asking what makes it so special to DTL?

Are we not allowed to discuss things objectively here or something? Good lord... This is a FORUM people, a FORUM.

kasane

This is true, not really a case for myself most of the time though. I'm just asking what makes it so special to DTL?

Are we not allowed to discuss things objectively here or something? Good lord... This is a FORUM people, a FORUM.

i think the point some people are making is that we can't really point out why the manga is special to DTL.

i can't really say anything on the manga since i don't read it.

Big One

Banned
i think the point some people are making is that we can't really point out why the manga is special to DTL.

Ok? I'm not expecting anyone to give me an answer to it unless they know what DTL has said about it before. I just want DTL to give me an answer...hence why I asked him in the first place.

Context is key here. To answer it by, "Uhh...maybe because he likes it?" kind of defeats the entire purpose of my question in the first place. When I go to a message board, I go there to have discussions and that's it. If all I'm going to do is come here and post what manga I read and be like, "You guys should read this manga." and everyone reads it, posts opinions on it, then I would. I have no interest in that, which is why I rarely try to have discussions in this topic because people get so offended at the mere thought of doing so that they assume someone has to be trolling.

Yes I'm argumentative, that's why I post on a fucking forum.

I actually don't see why people would need to point out how an one-shot of a whole new series with new characters would seem special to DTL.

kasane

Ok? I'm not expecting anyone to give me an answer to it unless they know what DTL has said about it before. I just want DTL to give me an answer...hence why I asked him in the first place.

Context is key here. To answer it by, "Uhh...maybe because he likes it?" kind of defeats the entire purpose of my question in the first place. When I go to a message board, I go there to have discussions and that's it. If all I'm going to do is come here and post what manga I read and be like, "You guys should read this manga." and everyone reads it, posts opinions on it, then I would. I have no interest in that, which is why I rarely try to have discussions in this topic because people get so offended at the mere thought of doing so that they assume someone has to be trolling.

uhm i didn't imply anything like that. i just thought you were asking everybody so i just said that i can't say anything since i haven't read the manga.

But you didn't ask him.

You said "I don't get why he likes this"

and "can someone explain it to me". All in a condescending way.

There's a way to ask things in a way that's not dumb/abrasive to ensure you won't get replies in kind. Eloquence is a virtue, especially on an internet forum. Perhaps people would be more receptive should you carry yourself as such.

Big One

Banned
uhm i didn't imply anything like that. i just thought you were asking everybody so i just said that i can't say anything since i haven't read the manga.
I was and I wasn't, if that makes sense. I was targeting DTL but if someone else had a clear answer that would be fine too.

...And this blew way too much out of proportion. Again, people in this thread have a fear of having actual arguments or discussion even though we're on a forum, which is a place on the web that's sole purpose is to have arguments and discussion. Nevermind. I'll step back to lurking.

But you didn't ask him.

You said "I don't get why he likes this"

and "can someone explain it to me". All in a condescending way.

There's a way to ask things in a way that's not dumb/abrasive to ensure you won't get replies in kind. Eloquence is a virtue, especially on an internet forum. Perhaps people would be more receptive should you carry yourself as such.
What's the issue with this, exactly? I'm confused. Of course I'm condescending. That's just how I am. I'm an asshole.

I don't have any issue with DTL nor am I trying to flame him or humiliate him, if that's what you're suggesting.

kasane

people in this thread have a fear of having actual arguments or discussion even though we're on a forum

again this wasn't the point. i was just saying that i can't really explain it if he doesnt explain it himself. If there is a discussion to be had then so be it, arguments are fun.

edit: and i haven't dabbled with the new cards yet, im still confused with the rules

Cause this argument is stupid, eat a cake with your waifu's face on it

f6LXIRyl.jpg

Lain

I was writing a mean message, but I see I don't need anymore. Akito's loss for a month it's gonna suck, but at least something good happened too.

And to make the post a bit more about manga, I got From The New World volume 4 today. DAT yuri goodness in the starting pages.

Mortemis

Banned
I was writing a mean message, but I see I don't need anymore. Akito's loss for a month it's gonna suck, but at least something good happened too.
I feel like I dodged a bullet there, I was writing up a reply too but instead got distracted by dakku and that nisekoi cake. Shout outs to based dakku.

Nice, a new magi chapter is out.

Yugioh manga (5ds, gx, zexal), had imo better pacing than the animes and at least in zexals case toned down on the annoying kids involvement in the series (though they are still present :( and the art is really good.

I actually did not like the one shot, though I have enjoyed the first 2 episodes of the anime. The art seems a lot worse than the previous YGO series.

I imagine it's definitely something that a manga can't capture compare to the anime especially now with action duels.

The energy and colors is definitely what I like about the anime.

scy

I feel like I dodged a bullet there, I was writing up a reply too but instead got distracted by dakku and that nisekoi cake. Shout outs to based dakku.

Nice, a new magi chapter is out.

I think a lot of us were saved by cake and a last minute "wait, should I really do this?" thought.

bigkrev

I imagine it's definitely something that a manga can't capture compare to the anime especially now with action duels.

The energy and colors is definitely what I like about the anime.

Yeah, that is probably it. I would describe original YGO as very detailed, which was great in both Manga and TV form, but this is more colorful, which dies a death in black and white.

Stealth Symphony 13

Kind of introducing things a bit too fast, hope its not suggesting they are trimming it down to some ending soon...Jig smile is always perfect...which kind of seems odd considering the gruesome things going on with death by money.

bigkrev

Stealth Symphony 13

Kind of introducing things a bit too fast, hope its not suggesting they are trimming it down to some ending soon...Jig smile is always perfect...which kind of seems odd considering the gruesome things going on with death by money.

images

I agree with the fact that it seems super sped up, even in comparison to the already breakneck pace of the series thus far

kasane

1k yen less so 10 bucks less for no placemat. So only almost 40 bucks instead of 50 for a waifu cake!

havens have angels and I played enough SMT to know about angels

so are angels actually evil??

And guys, should i finish eden: its an eternal world? im not feeling volume 3

Charade

I'm looking forward to whatever will replace Stealth Symphony :D

Magi 226

Full page of Solomon walking alert!
Stayin' Alive song not included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom