• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
After discussing it with my girlfriend, I just realized how much I like PunPun's story as a hero's story, rather than a tragedy.
Also, he's like the cutest thing.

Dresden

knights of sidonia -

Caught up, at least up to volume ten (will read eleven in one go when it's done). Nihei found his way when Tsumugi happened; the story slows down, it's more coherent, and we finally get a cast worth caring about. The humor - as awkward as it can get - keeps things humming along and the focus of the story never wavers, unlike, say, SnK.

I guess Boys on the Run still isn't fully translated, so I'll move onto 7 Seeds and Prison School next.

hnnnnngh

cULgnxJ.png

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh

DwHNrKj.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lol @ Costigan thinking KNIM is good because he hasn't gotten past the first quarter of the manga

Himouto 13.5
Aah. Ebina's accent was cute.

Himouto 46-47
Well that was an interesting memory.
And admittedly i would kind of be surprised by two fridges but Ebina is way too cute

Mortemis

Banned
hey, i'm just saying I'm liking it so far

I expected it to shit the bed much quicker

Where you are, I was enjoying it too, most people diss the beginning but it wasn't so bad. Plus it wouldn't be so hated if everyone didn't like it from the start. You're fairly close to when it shits the bed though.

And I'm anticipating reading every post. :)

Nordicus

Even I got 96 chapters in before quitting with "Welp, this shit ain't moving anywhere", so I must've enjoyed it to some degree.

The poor bastards here who actually finished it read almost 3 times as much

Cerity

I would have picked up rage town again and finished it if I didn't drop the series so far in the first time around. As soon as I realised they were just extending the series for more drama, down it went.

Soul Catcher(s) 18
BmLy9HvCIAAEdjU.png

Seeing a conductor master of a philharmonic group at 79 was a nice break from the Kamine Shouta action, his refined way was good contrast to Kamine's still learning methods. Though did like Kamine getting a brief moment this chapter behind the scenes.

scy

Where you are, I was enjoying it too, most people diss the beginning but it wasn't so bad. Plus it wouldn't be so hated if everyone didn't like it from the start. You're fairly close to when it shits the bed though.

And I'm anticipating reading every post. :)

The way I see it, Seo actually does a decent enough job at the start typically. At least enough to get people interested. It just ... he's not suited for things actually going very long.

It's why I'm looking forward to more Half & Half. Granted, the whole enforced deadline (and/or someone dying) is helping that too.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
interspecies romance
ban this sick filth

Draw 1-2
Yeah that first chapter was pretty normal, but the second...

I'm guessing the little girl can only be seen by him (and his mother? unless that breakfast was for her and she just skipped out on it while she was leaving). Also RIP girl on the bicycle. She didn't deserve that

Inou Battle wa Nichijoukei no Naka de 1
Huh, so this is that thing Trigger are doing an anime for. Five members of a literature club suddenly awaken to superpowers, but continue going about their daily lives without any secret organisations, demon kings, monster armies etc showing up. Premise is interesting enough, but the cast didn't leave much of an impression, and I'm particularly disheartened by the lack of an obvious best girl.

Draw 1-2
yo.

yoo.

YOOOOOOOO.

what have I gotten myself into.

Chapter 1 seemed normal enough, and then this happened (NSF...W/L.
Added to backlo-- wait, it was already there.

Also IIRC I dropped Rage Town at around chp 4.

Nordicus

Bara no Tameni 37-38

So, the muteness that resulted from Yuri's mental shock was introduced and already resolved in a single (65-page) chapter. This series keeps surprising me how it occasionally moves at such a quick pace and then slows down again. Heck, both Sumire and Yuri seemingly have already come to terms that to Sumire, Yuri is more than a (step) sister, but less than a lover. Characters in this series tend to have serious discussions and communicate their feelings honestly and thoroughly, but rarely do anything to move these relationships forward because there's mutually acknowledged comfort in status quo. It's kind of odd.

And Sumire acts weird in the presence (and absence!) of alcohol
Never change, you marvelous goofball

Mortemis

Banned
The way I see it, Seo actually does a decent enough job at the start typically. At least enough to get people interested. It just ... he's not suited for things actually going very long.

It's why I'm looking forward to more Half & Half. Granted, the whole enforced deadline (and/or someone dying) is helping that too.

Yeah, I agree. Even Fuuka, as bland as it is, isn't straight-up shit yet.

I actually really enjoyed what we've seen of Half & Half, I just wish Seo would hurry it up and finish it.

kasane

Yeah, I agree. Even Fuuka, as bland as it is, isn't straight-up shit yet.

I actually really enjoyed what we've seen of Half & Half, I just wish Seo would hurry it up and finish it.

Well you can see how fuuka will turn out with fuuka liking him? and the singer girl

Charade

I wake up and he's on ch. 50, y'all should be ashamed!

Ocha Nigosu 29

I still don't entirely understand the blue beard thing, but it's hilarious.

Cerity

Huh, might be time to check pandora hearts out then. I remember watching the anime awhile back and enjoying it somewhat.

Dresden

I bet she wiped their memory.

so basically nisekoi really is false love and it's set in this idealized highschool setting that's actually a simulation and once raku puts his key in and unlocks a lock the simulation will fall apart and raku will wake up in a tank and a tentacle monster will approach him and on its chest will be a mask of onodera's face?

so basically nisekoi really is false love and it's set in this idealized highschool setting that's actually a simulation and once raku puts his key in and unlocks a lock the simulation will fall apart and raku will wake up in a tank and a tentacle monster will approach him and on its chest will be a mask of onodera's face?
Okay the last part freaked me out

Inseparable Onodera face

scy

A+, would read again.

Mortemis

Banned
Kingdom 377

Everyone saw it coming and got spoiled on it, but still. RIP Seikyou, one of the best character turnarounds/growth I've seen recently.

Sounds a lot more interesting than the actual manga.
Onodera mask freaks me the hell out though.

Everything's better with a tentacle monster it seems

Aizo

Banned
Kimi no Iru Machi 1-3

she's amazing but this guy is so dumb.

but she's amazing.

did I say she's amazing?

Kimi no Iru Machi 7

she's so adorable but this guy's such a dumbass and an asshole

although she's pretty devious herself.

Kimi no Iru Machi 23

Hrm. Clearly there's some dramatic reason as to why she came back. Probably suffering involved.

Also short haired girl can't make her damn mind up. Yuzuki still best girl.

Kimi no Iru Machi 30

Good job Haruto. That family situation is such a mess, but the brother being an oblivious, cowardly twat... deserved a smack. The sister is awful.

I dunno guys this is pretty good so far.

When does the suffering start?

i dunno guys i'm really quite enjoying this

gXRfGlH.gif

Wtf. How do you like Eba? What what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom