• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Doukyuusei no Macho-kun 1
machokun1.png

deadbernice.png
deadmanny.png
deadrose.png
lmfao

Aizo

Banned
what in the world

Edit: wait no this is more important
:lol :lol :lol
You can tell that I was dedicated to my cause, because I didn't even copy/paste all those whats. I typed each one, while I zoned out in a state of rage induced comatose.

jman2050

Hoozuki-san Chi no Aneki 1-31

Heartwarming, funny and lewd. Misaki best girl, Mizuno a shit.

Hoozuki-san Chi no Aneki + Imouto 1

Well that escalated quickly.

survivor

Banned
Rookies vol 1-2
Hot blooded baseball shounen manga. Though there has been zero baseball so far, the story is still trying to establish the messiah teacher and how he will reform all the delinquents at the school. The level of writing has been pretty average so far, it's certainly no Adachi quality. Just relying on extreme emotional outbursts of characters who are either assholes or too stupid. Will give it few more volumes though, at the very least to the first actual match and see how the story handles that.

Just remembered, there is Ace of the Diamond manga. I only saw the first 8 episodes of the anime, but it definitely had a much better start than this. Maybe I should read that instead if this story doesn't pick up.

kasane

I'm sorry for doubting you muscle-kun!

Rookies vol 1-2

Hot blooded baseball shounen manga. Though there has been zero baseball so far, the story is still trying to establish the messiah teacher and how he will reform all the delinquents at the school. The level of writing has been pretty average so far, it's certainly no Adachi quality. Just relying on extreme emotional outbursts of characters who are either assholes or too stupid. Will give it few more volumes though, at the very least to the first actual match and see how the story handles that.

Just remembered, there is Ace of the Diamond manga. I only saw the first 8 episodes of the anime, but it definitely had a much better start than this. Maybe I should read that instead if this story doesn't pick up.

I think its pretty good. I liked it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Rookies vol 1-2

Well I mean, they're delinquents. Of course they're going to be assholes/idiots.

Can't really compare this series to an Adachi baseball book. It's more like GTO with baseball and more serious.

Dreaming Love 4 and 5

Pretty sad reveal while on the sick bed and kind of cruel too, been years and still havent spoken even. I doubt it will be addressed later again :(

Hiro story was amazing, my type of character and just good to see whats going on with him as the second couple in this. Had hoped we would get it since his presence was enjoyable in the first four chapters.

survivor

Banned
Well I mean, they're delinquents. Of course they're going to be assholes/idiots.

Can't really compare this series to an Adachi baseball book. It's more like GTO with baseball and more serious.

Right, but it just feels like the characters here are just caricatures of delinquents with sappy back story rather than actual characters and it comes off as something silly. Which is why I made the comparison to Adachi who is far more restrained and believable when it comes to writing characters in a baseball manga.

Fate/kaleid Prisma Illya 3rei 18-19
Well I'm surprised and yet not surprised they made go through the whole world or your friend decision and she chooses both

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
so basically nisekoi really is false love and it's set in this idealized highschool setting that's actually a simulation and once raku puts his key in and unlocks a lock the simulation will fall apart and raku will wake up in a tank and a tentacle monster will approach him and on its chest will be a mask of onodera's face?

Well, M Night Shyamalan ain't got nothing on that plot twist, that for sure

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
so basically nisekoi really is false love and it's set in this idealized highschool setting that's actually a simulation and once raku puts his key in and unlocks a lock the simulation will fall apart and raku will wake up in a tank and a tentacle monster will approach him and on its chest will be a mask of onodera's face?

Shit, for reals? I should never have dropped it.

Itsuka Tomodachi ja Nakunaru to Shite mo 3
Shuuhei starting to realize while Tomoe trying to keep it secret, this will get more complicated potentially if neither can bring it up with one another but keep the thoughts. Oh well, at least Shuuhei may have similar feelings.

Just worried that since he hasnt cried in that long, if he will somehow burst in tears in a few chapters.

Aizo

Banned
Raku is living this simulation while Sora is sleeping in the tank, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom