• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inou Battle wa Nichijoukei no Naka de 01

OaQr6Hx.png

One day the literature club of one guy and four girls mysteriously received superpowers. Though most of them have the powers to change the world, they continue their normal high school lives.

Well then, this is only known since Trigger is making the anime adaptation of it and of course THAT will finally save anime.

So anyway, heh, I liked it. It was basically reference otaku jokes. I like the premise, the back and forth between the characters were pretty amusing. There were some points that got interesting regarding chunnis and the usage of their powers though I doubt it'll ever get that deep into it.

It's not going to break new ground and probably won't save anime (like any of Trigger's other shows), but definitely got me looking forward (for once) for a Trigger adaptation.

_hekk05

Banned
So apparently Inou Battle wa Nichijoukei no Naka de has 8 manga chapters and 6 LN volumes.

Found the manga no problems, but the LNs are rare as fuck

Also a drama CD

Charade

Aru Shoujo no Gunjou by Momono Moto

Girl creepily quietly observes the lesbian couple who rides the same train as her every morning, and slowly gets involved in their drama. A healthy dose of angst, but I ended up liking this one much more than I probably should have.

Nordicus

Bara no Tameni 39-40

Maaaaan, things going cuh-raaazy in these chapters... then again this is Bara no Tameni so it just might be normal for it.

I can't believe Yuri had the metaphorical balls to give Sumire a peck on the cheek in order to stop his romantic sleepwalking. She really has a chance of replacing Seri in Sumire's heart since it was so effective.

Left: Hah, I kinda can't believe the author doesn't want to draw the foreplay scene at all even after she's pushed the brotherly incest angle so strongly with Aoi
Right: That's certainly the least feminine little girl I've seen in manga
8xStnYW.jpg
cr37uZf.jpg

Waratte! Sotomura-san 66

You know how it goes by now.

Wait...

Sachiusu 1
Well damn, another manga from the Sotomura author! It's a comedy 4koma series (again) revolving around the relationship between an absurdly unlucky girl and an occult nut, who wants to harness the former's 'cursed' status so that she can experience the same strange, inexplicable things as her. The premise interests me more than Sotomura's does, so maybe it'll take a little longer before I become bored of reading the same jokes every chapter.

Akito

So Ashita no Joe is done, time to begin reading... is what I wanted to say but alas DS2 Platinum comes first, I should be done in a few days.

Pocha Pocha Suiebu 1-6
This was a very cute 4-koma. For some reason, the chubby girl is really adorable. In terms of comedy, its decent but this manga wins you over with its adorability.

_hekk05

Banned
Pocha Pocha Suiebu 1-6
This was a very cute 4-koma. For some reason, the chubby girl is really adorable. In terms of comedy, its decent but this manga wins you over with its adorability.

The lady has like 5 series going on at once.

1 Love 9
GDGD-DOGS
Mamacolle dead
Gokkun! Pucho looks dead
Hyakuen! looks dead
Kamikami Kaeshi good lawd I want him to update this so much
Pocha Pocha Suieibu his newest series
Watashi ni xx Shinasai! gets an update weekly

survivor

Banned
Rookies vol 3-4
Well this got better. Now that the story is sorta done with the cartoony delinquents being idiots and started to shift focus on the baseball, it became more fun. Now just gotta wait and see what the baseball match will look like since the practice game is coming soon. They all suck at the game, but I suppose through the power of nakama and dreams they will score at least one point, hopefully not a lot of bullshit to ruin the match.

Taiyou no Ie 36.1 + 36.2

Two pretty funny extra chapters; the first about Hiro and Mao waking up in each other's body and the second about a bet over games, where the loser has to do what the winner tells them to.

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! 14

The gang goes to an otaku con. It features cucumber x chikuwa doujinshi. It's all hilarious.

Poor Akina. When will she realise she's a lesbian otaku and embrace her feelings for kaede?

Also. This chapter = very moe

Kimi no Iru Machi 51

ok now I'm really interested in how he fucks this up cos that hand holding chapter was adorable as hell

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Calzones are pointless. They're just pizza that's harder to eat. No one likes them.
Good day, sir.
At least with calzones, you can control the tomato sauce ratio. Some pizza places skim on the sauce, the assholes :mad:

but otherwise yeah, calzones are inferior to a good slice of pizza

Nordicus

Oh lawd costi is still at it. Gotta avert my eyes for what's to come

icxshz.gif
(assuming this is a fox)

Foxes are such cute playful critters. When I delivered newspapers one summer at 2-6 AM, I saw 2 foxes hopping around hunting something on a field. They always make that funny vertical hop to their target

Aizo

Banned
Calzones are pointless. They're just pizza that's harder to eat. No one likes them.
Good day, sir.
Well, then. You definitely don't get any more calzones.
(assuming this is a fox)

Foxes are such cute playful critters. When I delivered newspapers one summer at 2-6 AM, I saw 2 foxes hopping around hunting something on a field. They always make that funny vertical hop to their target
There was a black fox in the neighborhood in the mountains where I grew up. It was beautiful. Foxes are great. I'd love to have one as a pet.

Red Blood Red Legacy 3

I thought it could avoid the fanservice but it took it up too much with the plot needing them to go through a coming of age ceremony in which sex the first time :(

Was fun when it was just the two bros but now with the others getting involved makes me want to drop it. And worst they walked in on her bathing.

Sachiusu 1

Well damn, another manga from the Sotomura author! It's a comedy 4koma series (again) revolving around the relationship between an absurdly unlucky girl and an occult nut, who wants to harness the former's 'cursed' status so that she can experience the same strange, inexplicable things as her. The premise interests me more than Sotomura's does, so maybe it'll take a little longer before I become bored of reading the same jokes every chapter.

Well you could probably make more cursed and occult jokes than delinquent jokes. Or we probably saw all the delinquent jokes and it'll take the same amount of time until we get bored of the occult jokes.

Genji the Death's Friend 7

Kind of glad that Touya isnt the killer then, though having this group killing the girl makes it a bit less suspenseful and thrilling than if it had been some supernatural death forces at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom