• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Claymore 150.

bNmKyS3.jpg

Yeah.

kasane

I'm not sure how you feel about korean manhwa, but The Breaker is the first thing that popped into my head. It's martial arts based too like Kenichi, and has some really good action. Unlike other manhwa, It reads just like a manga, from left to right so you shouldn't have any trouble. :)

At the state new waves is in, i wouldn't recommend the breaker at all. You will get a cliff hanger on the 1st season then 2nd season is complete shit.

Usobuko

Banned
Guys, give me a manga that's like Kenichi where there is character development and where the main tries to impress the person they like... I really enjoy it when the underdog evolves and becomes a beast. I might read baby steps again since it seems this might be a good one. But please do give rec's, been reading manga for around 6 years and its starting to dwindle in material...

Sports:

Slam Dunk.

Baby Steps is pretty good though, a rare bred in today's world of surreal, fantasy sports manga. Plus points for distinguishable characters.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Guys, give me a manga that's like Kenichi where there is character development and where the main tries to impress the person they like... I really enjoy it when the underdog evolves and becomes a beast. I might read baby steps again since it seems this might be a good one. But please do give rec's, been reading manga for around 6 years and its starting to dwindle in material...

I would recommend karate shoukoushi kohinata minoru if you don't mind the latent racism and homophobia. If you can it offers fun fights and developement, it's just that some of the panels make you shake your head at how the manga portrays race and gay people.

Mortemis

Banned
At the state new waves is in, i wouldn't recommend the breaker at all. You will get a cliff hanger on the 1st season then 2nd season is complete shit.

Yeah, that's true. :/ I'd love to recommend Veritas too since it fits in with the whole underdog but the ending just ruins everything. Which sucks, since I really enjoyed the whole thing.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
From the author of Nyotai-ka

Trans-trans

A feminine guy playing as a girl in a VR game get's confessed to by a guy...who is actually a tomboy in the real world.

Hijinks ensue.

on my list.

I'm not sure how you feel about korean manhwa, but The Breaker is the first thing that popped into my head. It's martial arts based too like Kenichi, and has some really good action. Unlike other manhwa, It reads just like a manga, from left to right so you shouldn't have any trouble. :)

I branched into manwha quite a while back, its really good. The nine arts dragon (theory speculation) seems to have been brainwashed according to how that karate guy said hes not acting like himself.

Sports:

Slam Dunk.

Baby Steps is pretty good though, a rare bred in today's world of surreal, fantasy sports manga. Plus points for distinguishable characters.

I was reading slam dunk but it had no hints of romance and weakness in it, just a badass being a badass, which i like but got old.

I would recommend karate shoukoushi kohinata minoru if you don't mind the latent racism and homophobia. If you can it offers fun fights and developement, it's just that some of the panels make you shake your head at how the manga portrays race and gay people.

I've read it and still reading it, its getting good, gone downhill with playing it safe with choosing a heroine for each main character and going to a school where gay people were pretty open about it made me ask "huh?" they make the brazilian fighter look like a horny bastard out to rape everyone.

kasane

Yeah, that's true. :/ I'd love to recommend Veritas too since it fits in with the whole underdog but the ending just ruins everything. Which sucks, since I really enjoyed the whole thing.

author wanted to do veritas 2.0 but he can't find an artist

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean, he's not like a horny bastard out to rape everyone, he is a horny bastard out to rape everyone. His introduction arc is him committing serial rape.

A big, burly brazilian gay who rapes people. Yeah.

Still reading too though. I still like minoru as a character.

Mortemis

Banned
author wanted to do veritas 2.0 but he can't find an artist

Yeah I heard he wants to do a part 2, but it's been so long that I just put it in my mind that it's done. Plus, even if he comes back for part 2 what happened is still batshit crazy.

I really do wish it came back though. :(

Usobuko

Banned
I was reading slam dunk but it had no hints of romance and weakness in it, just a badass being a badass, which i like but got old..

My bad, think your focus was more on romance which Slam Dunk lacks. The main character did has character development though and the matches are all well drawn and illustrated.

That said, Baby Steps should pleasantly surprise you. It's going to take a while but it's worth it.

scy

From the author of Nyotai-ka

Trans-trans

A feminine guy playing as a girl in a VR game get's confessed to by a guy...who is actually a tomboy in the real world.

Hijinks ensue.

This sounds like something I should be reading.

And that was just from the Nyotai-ka bit.

kasane

Yeah I heard he wants to do a part 2, but it's been so long that I just put it in my mind that it's done. Plus, even if he comes back for part 2 what happened is still batshit crazy.

I really do wish it came back though. :(

yeah completely hated the bithc in the end

forget her name

i mean i already forgot everyone

and the last page was crazy

Mortemis

Banned
yeah completely hated the bithc in the end

forget her name

i mean i already forgot everyone

and the last page was crazy

It's manhwa, so you're cool. I always had problems remembering character names in manhwa. The only one I can remember tons of character names is Tower of God.

kasane

Yeah i mean i used to love TOG but im not that big on it right now. Dunno why maybe because i think the pacing is terrible, but thats just me.

Mortemis

Banned
Yeah i mean i used to love TOG but im not that big on it right now. Dunno why maybe because i think the pacing is terrible, but thats just me.

Yeah the latest arc was pretty shit, plus the author's having wrist issues so the art has been pretty shit too. I still enjoy the whole lore of the story and that's keeping me in.

Things are looking better right now though, plus it should pick up after the author takes a break for wrist surgery.

kasane

Yeah the latest arc was pretty shit, plus the author's having wrist issues so the art has been pretty shit too. I still enjoy the whole lore of the story and that's keeping me in.

Things are looking better right now though, plus it should pick up after the author takes a break for wrist surgery.

TOGs strongest point is its lore. There are also a couple of pages the author drew about the world itself but nothing in relation to the current cast.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
My bad, think your focus was more on romance which Slam Dunk lacks. The main character did has character development though and the matches are all well drawn and illustrated.

That said, Baby Steps should pleasantly surprise you. It's going to take a while but it's worth it.

I still love Slam Dunk, don't get me wrong. The illustration for the manga is honestly really good, even for this day and age where touch pads are of common use for artists. Baby Steps got boring, so I might re-read it again!

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 101-104

There's a catch, I know it.

Not going to fool me.

She seems way to perfect to be true.

And no, its not being a yandere.

That is a plus, not a minus.

Actually surprised she hasn't done anything to the other girls even though she knows of them.

kasane

Not going to fool me.

Actually surprised she hasn't done anything to the other girls even though she knows of them.

Looool

All I've seen is mostly dere.

I want my yan soon.

Whyd you stop there, just before one of my other favorite characters comes. I just reread the first 15 chapters earlier today, anime does it so good and Tsukishima is incredible on both fronts, more teasing please.

That's where the recent episode ended.

Now everything is going to be completely new.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It's so good. The art and writing are both great. Only about 140 chapters have been translated though.

now i know what im reading tonight

Not going to fool me.

shes my favorite right next to the rich blondie with issues.

It's great, full of good action scene and perverted joke.

It was published in my country, but the publisher goes under before it's completion orz

god damn it, so the publisher stopped writing it?

Akira Toriyama's art become less diverse as he moved on it seems

Before Dragonball he made multiple hair and eye designs... Post dragonball everyone mostly has the same 3 type eyes designs and similar hair patterns

Look at the art in Dr. Slump for comparison

He hasn't drawn normal women for awhile
Instead they have the same template

kasane

Akira Toriyama's art become less diverse as he moved on it seems

Before Dragonball he made multiple hair and eye designs... Post dragonball everyone mostly has the same 3 type eyes designs and similar hair patterns

Look at the art in Dr. Slump for comparison

He hasn't drawn normal women for awhile
Instead they have the same template

I think dragonballs impact has something to do with this.

...and it isn't only Toriyama

Oda fell to the lack of diversity as well as he progressed with the OP series

Seems like after manga artist hit their stride they choose effiecency over diversity

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
now i know what im reading tonight

shes my favorite right next to the rich blondie with issues.

god damn it, so the publisher stopped writing it?

Sorry for the confusion i meant my country local publisher, they goes under, and no other publisher in my country take the license and releasing it again. They do release Angel Heart though,

Himouto Umaru chan 48
Man, i'm craving for some sushi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom