• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seven Deadly Sins 29 - 50
BmRcYQMCYAAg7cV.png

Ban and King moments with Meliodas keep me hooked chapter after chapter. Their fun moments with the fighting festival made it less boring than I imagined. I was initially sad that we were doing a tournament so early but the writer knows how to surprise and by doing the comedy one for King got me to enjoy it much, and then delivering Meliodas and his perfectly matched Ban, delivered some of the best action Ive seen in a shonen action series manga at the 30's chps. If the anime is coming this year, I hope they do this whole festival justice as it is so far the part I would be most looking forward too, and following that King's moment in the air post festival dodging and destroying the Holy Knights.

Yami Meliodas is incredible too but he didnt have any sense of what he was doing so most of that affair did feel like a been there done that situation considering the landscape of what other action series have done. But at least he isnt afraid to kill off characters...which may make things a bit frightening later on if even key characters could die, I hope not.

Cant wait to read more.

kasane

...and it isn't only Toriyama

Oda fell to the lack of diversity as well as he progressed with the OP series

Seems like after manga artist hit their stride they choose effiecency over diversity

with a mangakas schedule i don't blame em. As a series get progressively more popular they have to draw more, from promotional material to the manga itself.

Rhapsody

Banned
...and it isn't only Toriyama

Oda fell to the lack of diversity as well as he progressed with the OP series

Seems like after manga artist hit their stride they choose effiecency over diversity

Pretty much. It's too bad that I'll still enjoy the art, but you can tell their ability as a character designer isn't what it used to be.

It's hard to think of any iconic styles that still remain diverse.

i know. it feels like hes using the same tropes again and again. i like it, but try something different...

with a mangakas schedule i don't blame em. As a series get progressively more popular they have to draw more, from promotional material to the manga itself.

Pretty much. It's too bad that I'll still enjoy the art, but you can tell their ability as a character designer isn't what it used to be.

It's hard to think of any iconic styles that still remain diverse.

It is unfortunate seeing as when I read their early works it has a sense a charm due to their individual crafted character and world design

Felt less manufactured

more suffering LOL

IIRC even Kishi did the same thing in regard to naruto's goggles but he made that change really early so it didn't sting as much. It tends to happen alot unless the series its short enough i guess.

Rhapsody

Banned
Kubo Tite's definitely one where I dislike his designs now. His art and style is good.

But his designs are pretty bland to me now. Even Kenpachi's sword looks similar to Ichigo's old one.

NadeNadeShikoShiko 21

My caveman love rival is a klutz!

ARAIDOKI 21

Is it finally time for the angel's counterattack?

Can't Ride A Bicycle! 22

Biking vs. the hurricane. Hurricane wins.

High School Ninja Girl, Otonashi-san 21

Ninjas are good at being supermarket clerks too.

In a Heartbeat 20

:|

Logick 18

Hm, nice painting.

Charade

maybe the box is shrinking
or I'm just losing interest in trying to keep up with 15 different <10 pages chapters each week

Aw, but those posts with like 15 series were always so mesmerizing!
But seriously, I could see that getting tiring. Especially if they don't hold your interest.

scy

Aw, but those posts with like 15 series were always so mesmerizing!
But seriously, I could see that getting tiring. Especially if they don't hold your interest.

This is why I followed like three series total.

Edit: That reminds me:

First Love Suicide Pact 21 - I think I missed a chapter.

Girl went full creepy as fuck.

dumbyugi

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun 70

I don't remember if these characters are important or what they just did but uh, nice backstory?

Mi-chan was fighting Kuroko and was somewhat important to this arc. DOLLY was the prototype Misaka clone, so she was pretty important I guess. This chapter was mostly just explaining why Mi-chan was working with Gensei. The Index franchise likes to give it's badguys backstories to make them less evil then their actions show. Except when they're super evil like Gensei.

Mi-chan was fighting Kuroko and was somewhat important to this arc. DOLLY was the prototype Misaka clone, so she was pretty important I guess. This chapter was mostly just explaining why Mi-chan was working with Gensei. The Index franchise likes to give it's badguys backstories to make them less evil then their actions show. Except when they're super evil like Gensei.

Ah that makes sense.

I really think reading Index and Railgun and having both of them featuring Misaka and Kuroko fighting at the same time is messing up my ability to keep the stories straight. So it basically feels like one fumbled mess, lol.

scy

Why is it that the best harem series are those actually not specifically marketed as harem series?

AGAIN!! and AKB49, for example.

AKB49 has the harem as more of an incidental joke thing. I'm woefully behind on Again, though...

Edit: Well, maybe (hopefully?!) the AKB49 one gets used more seriously later :x

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Because when you have editors and writers writing to appease the hardcore otakus you'll generally get a haphazardly written series.

AKB49 is definitely otaku-oriented but for some reason it just doesn't piss me off on regular bases unlike stuff like GE or Nisekoi. In fact, I really like it. Weird.

AKB49 has the harem as more of an incidental joke thing. I'm woefully behind on Again, though...

Edit: Well, maybe (hopefully?!) the AKB49 one gets used more seriously later :x

The lead is so strong with all the distractions: I think Alice alone would be enough for me to be swayed if I were him, hahaha.

Super Interesting Darkness

Look at the spoon closely...do you see it?

Too busy looking at the groping water magic.

And all the loli fan-service.

And by busy I mean taking one look at it to see what all the fuzz all about before closing it again.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Otaku no Musume San 49

You know, ignoring the weird creepy age gap romances and the weirdly casual way pedophilia is brushed off as comic relief, this manga is totes adorbs. Totes adorbs.

D'awwwww.

jman2050

Super Interesting Darkness 42.5

Pupils... check
Water droplets... check
Faucets... check
Toothbrushes... check
Spoons... check!

Charade

Ore Monogatari!! x Nisekoi

5yBqJ4v.png

Takeo is not amused

Talk about an odd pair of series for a crossover, haha. It was mostly fun though, despite Nisekoi kinda hogging most of the screen time for both chapters.

Rhapsody

Banned
I tried reading a few chapters of AKB49. Dunno if it's for me since it hasn't clicked yet.

Maybe I should give it some more chapters.

AKB49 is definitely otaku-oriented but for some reason it just doesn't piss me off on regular bases unlike stuff like GE or Nisekoi. In fact, I really like it. Weird.

The writing in AKB49 seems like they were given more freedom to do what they want though. I mean, there's tropes here and there but story structure wise it's alright.

I may be wrong, but in my experience most stories tends to devolve into a clusterfuck after there's too many hands in the pot. Well, that or an egoistical writer who believes that he's god gift to the world.

Soma

Kono S o, Mi yo! 155 End

Wow reading the summary of the untranslated chapters and this.

That's pretty fucked. :|

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Otaku no Musume san 58

So you got knocked up just because your childhood crush turned out to be a lolicon, in an attempt to attract him with whatever fucked up reasoning you have, and seeing that didn't work you ended up having another child with another man, only to later run away with those two children without telling their fathers? Then when it's convenient for you, you dump them off to their fathers, only to later take your children back by force?

I don't think that there's another manga character that would be a bigger fit for the term "colossal bitch" as much as Nozomi. Or any fictional character really.

Charade

I spent way too much time making this.

Wait, doesn't everyone use that criteria for manga quality?

I tried reading a few chapters of AKB49. Dunno if it's for me since it hasn't clicked yet.

Maybe I should give it some more chapters.

I remember liking it pretty quickly after I started, so you may be right.
Though I'm currently way behind on the series, I really need to catch up.

Soma

Spoil it for me?

copy/pasted from /a/ (apparently this takes place between ch. 86 to the end)

No pregnancy happened.

What actually happened is the Doctor was pretty much sexually tortured to the extent that any attempt at sexual activity causes her to have a nervous breakdown and make her go insane.

She is unable to have intimacy with anyone else due to the trauma she experienced.

The doctor also has an extremely strong martyr complex so she attempted to commit suicide because she is unable to bear with the fact that she is unable to be intimate with MC due to the torture she experienced under the bad guy in this manga which was so bad that the Doctor attempted to choke her own bed-ridden mother with her own hands to free her of this misery.

MC couldn't do a thing to cure her of her torture drama and it eventually climaxes with the Doctor about to jump off a cliff near the ocean. MC then uses the stigma on the Doctor to prevent her from committing suicide like how he did in a previous past situation involving a suicidal Brazilian nurse.

MC and the Doctor then forever live on as a happily married couple but this isn't really a good ending for both parties because this is a relationship built on fake love that is being maintained by a curse.

And MC is unable to have sex with the Doctor even in the epilogue because having sex would undo the stigma he placed on the Doctor.

So this is a relationship built on fake love where the MC will never know or experience his lover's true feelings about him for the rest of his life or actually have sex with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom