• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

Taiyou no Ie 43

Uuh, so close. Her packing is almost done. Move in to your family's house gurl so Hiro can get sum sugar!

jOZ32Bz.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Otaku no Musume San 62

YES FUCK YOU NOZOMI.

Oh my god I'm so glad he was able to deliver that kind of a beat down on that fucking bitch. Holy shit. Nearly makes up for how contrived her extreme bitchiness looks.

Black Lagoon manga + Roberta's Blood Trail OVA

Whoa i never knew they went in such different directions in regards to "if she made it out intact".

Maybe in the OVA they were going for the extra emotional aspect giving she's meeting with that dead guy's family? or to show she's officially out of "commission"? Kinda strange.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Otaku no Musume San 63

Good concluding chapter, but goddamn at that final scene. How the hell does kouta knock up any woman he has sex with in just one shot?

This was a fucking weird ass read. First off I do quite like it, as I really do like Kouta's and kanau's relationship and characters, Kouta being a dude trying to learn what it's like to be a father, and in kanau trying to learn to accept her father for the otaku he is, even if he's not her ideal. Some really adorable moments, and some really heartwarming moments. Really did enjoy their journey together to the end, as I feel that the sense of developement was really well presented here.

Even with that said, the way it tries to create drama feels incredibly forced. The way kanau's mom reveals herself to be the incredible bitch that she is came out way too suddenly, and seems like a cheap way to generate an incredible amount of drama and just general rage (which is effective). All the drama in the manga feels forced in that similar way, like the story with how sensei and the landlord hooked up in a creepy ass usagi drop way.

Also the way pedophilia is played off so casually as squicky comic relief is pretty weird. Kouta's best friend an actual pedophile, who's tolerated for making constant passes at trying to molest kouta's daughter, and it's all just played off as laughs. He even became a priest at the end. Yes, a pedophile priest.

upandaway

Soma 68

Hahaha whoa! That was really cool! Ryou is being hyped up like crazy.
I like where this is going, with the Ramen theme. Seems like it's right up his alley but Tadokoro looks like she's putting up a fight. And that ending
oh whoops typo, I meant chapter 67.
I'm so bored you guys. :'(

Aizo

Banned
skype. we were talking in mumble about what to read next and I was like "is prison school good? maybe I should read that" and then "what about kimi no iru machi?" and scy was like "no, don't do it to yourself" and sent me that in skype

and because I thought it would be funny i decided to read it

and now i hate myself.

Kimi no Iru Machi 72

uhh, we're back here again? Bitch please, make your damn mind up.

Kimi no Iru Machi 73

wait, is she for real?

It's second-hand info from Rin, so I'm not going to get too ahead of myself, but...

if she dumped him after all the shit she put him through, after telling him she loved him, after all the issues in Tokyo, if she dumped him for another guy... fuck this slut. worst girl.

WORST.

Kimi no Iru Machi 75

what is this fucking letter? "A guy who confessed to me was a guy who dumped before and I want to date him so don't contact me again"

either you are the biggest piece of shit going or you're bullshitting and covering for something, in which case why would you hide something from the guy who loves you and has helped you all the way through all your shit anyway?

like, what is this shit?

urrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh
This is how it was meant to be. Ahhh. I was really worried about you for a bit.
you Chitoge likers worries me
I agree.
I don't get it either.

Tsugumi should be #1 but otherwise I'm cool with your list.
I completely agree.
Rage town is better when experienced second-hand.
I can vouch for this!

Taiyou no Ie 43

oh god, we're close to the end now :(

unless there's some drama with the mother that needs to be resolved, the only thing that needs to be cleared up now is the confession from Hiro.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkkkkk the anticipation...

upandaway

Why are ya'll talking like I know anything about that chapter, did I miss anything, did I make some kind of mistake, what is really happening right now. I'm super lost. What are we talking about even. Like are we even conversing right now or is everyone posting independently of each other.

Tacitus_

Wait, no wednesday gaf? Is it golden week over there?

Why are ya'll talking like I know anything about that chapter, did I miss anything, did I make some kind of mistake, what is really happening right now. I'm super lost. What are we talking about even. Like are we even conversing right now or is everyone posting independently of each other.

Hush now.

Nordicus

Piece of Cake 1

So this manga series starts with the protagonist having been caught two-timing, and the one boyfriend who she didn't immediately break up with grew a demanding passive aggressive sadomasochistic side that she doesn't like but will go along with because of guilt, and the other boyfriend is filling their workplace with constant drama. After quitting her job and breaking up with the other boyfriend, she wants to get away from this all by moving out entirely.

The dialog bubbles are rather messily placed, and the art being really basic in some panels doesn't help at all. I sometimes have trouble figuring out who's speaking and with whom

Much josei, so betrayal. Wow.

Seven Deadly Sins 50 - 56
BmT0EpmCYAIdFZI.png

Character designer is finally doing good all around and bringing Meliodas to having a nice mix of excellent pleasing character designs, best megane. Could easily see him tied for me with Meliodas end of day in second best design out of the main two that are great.

The character introductions are always good with them displaying near invincible like abilities in their debut chapters, its at least been the pattern for them all so far.

Super Interesting Darkness 42.5
Surprising lack of fanservice for an extra chapter. Of course, the fanservice there was quite lewd though
the spoon...
.Also interesting that this chapter was about Haruna taking action

Nordicus

Piece of Cake 2-6

Shino's already making moves on her boss even if she knows he's got a mad jealous girlfriend called Akari. She should really take her own advice and stop falling in love with people so quickly.

Akari isn't really much of a bitch either even if she gives a really negative first impression. Just very territorial and has really low self-esteem. She was almost going to claw Shino's eyes out and, interestingly, didn't blame her boyfriend at all when she saw both of them (innocently) sleeping on the apartment floor.

With the misunderstanding cleared up, Akari is actually avoiding Shino and leaving apology gifts in front of her door. She seems like a really awkward person, kinda adorable.

Now that's a "Bitch get away from MY man" look. At this point Shino hadn't really done anything, either.
clRucVZ.jpg
More like despair ;(
Delightful

Hetakoi

Seinen romance which... in the end, it's just a shojo in college with tits and sex instead of romance in high school.
The protagonist is way too good and innocent and "nice guy", apart from being dense, the main couple go sloooow and little by little even when things seem to be straight and without problems and every secondary of the story is helping the couple, the girl is indecisive and passive, both are virginal, and there are MISUNDERSTANDINGS around the middle of the story to lengthen up the plot. And what misunderstandings! including some of the worst timing ever.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Golden Week starts tomorrow and ends on May 5th, when the next Jump comes out. Meaning that there won't be any "Wednesday releases".
Officially, the next Jump comes out May 12th, and the "Wednesday release" will be the 7th.

upandaway

Golden Week starts tomorrow and ends on May 5th, when the next Jump comes out. Meaning that there won't be any "Wednesday releases".
Officially, the next Jump comes out May 12th, and the "Wednesday release" will be the 7th.
Doesn't it leak early because they print it along with the double-issue (i.e. this weekend)? Golden Week hits Jump kinda weird this year so I'm not sure.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Doesn't it leak early because they print it along with the double-issue (i.e. this weekend)? Golden Week hits Jump kinda weird this year so I'm not sure.

It is possible Jump will come out on May 10th, I do know they do Saturday issues.

kasane

Yeah i read hetakoi back then. He was stupid, she was stupid.

First kanojo was best girl but mc dropped the ball on that one

upandaway

Kadokawa has Hoozuki-san, y'know. They're the Young Ace dudes.

I'm not saying a Dark Souls game with Aneki, but, well, I'm just saying. It might happen.

Rhapsody

Banned
I remember liking it pretty quickly after I started, so you may be right.
Though I'm currently way behind on the series, I really need to catch up.

I'll read some more tonight. I'm only 5 chapters in or so at least.

Probably mentioned by others, but the Death Note-esque drawings feel kind of weird.

survivor

Banned
Rookies vol 5-6
This game is taking far too long, but at the very least it's easier to follow now that I actually been following baseball and able to understand some of the terms mentioned. On the other hand, the writing quality has been pretty average. Kawato cringeworthy speeches aren't getting any better either.

scy

Kimi o Matsu -> Akaiito 1-3 - A confession (and refusal) so early.

Hm. Well. Not much else to say as that's basically everything so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom