• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjontrix

Akame ga kill predictiom.

Mein will die via Esdese after she finds out that MC and her hooked up.

MC goes insane after torture session.

dumbyugi

The Seven Deadly Sins 83

I'm glad the author didn't drag out the Merlin reveal. I mean anyone who knows the story of King Arthur knew that Merlin wasn't far behind. Won't judge her fully yet but that's a sexy outfit she's wearing. I also like that she was just fucking around with that character whose name I forgot. Will read the school spinoff.

I think those are all pretty safe bets. except maybe the torture. she might make an exception for Tatsumi because she gets different enjoyment out of him.

Mein is as good as dead though.
and rightfully so

Aho Girl 21

teacher route unlocked.

Hilarious chapter.

Seriously, they should just call it Esdese ga Kill already.

I can't comprehend how Akame can even become the heroine. She's dull.

yeah. she is. like, there's a bit of potential there because she's pretty much a blank slate and there were moments of her potentially actually being a character (her sadness after someone dies).

I think the most we're going to see from her is probably in a post-Kurome world. Maybe something happening to Kurome will wake her up as a character, but I still don't see her ever being Esdese quality.

Although now that I'm reading this and I like Esdese, Esdese will probably be killed off soon and Akame will be main girl or some shit. That's generally the sort of luck I have with these things.

I'll admit I don't post here as much because I got tired of the overly lewd conversation that was flooding this thread. It never got as bad as anime gaf but it got to the point I didn't enjoy reading the thread and I left for awhile. I still don't post anywhere near as much as I do but the thread is lowering the amount of lewdness and waifu battles closer to a point where I'd be okay with it.

I tend to view possible Mein death as either so obvious that it would happen that the author purposely has her survive the rest of the story or having her die as perfect bait for Tats to completely snap.

Fukurou-kun to Kare 2
tumblr_n7vtx2zid11qbxqfpo1_500.png

Great development with Ootaka being a friend from the past and then helping Shitatori san at the restaurant drink his tears away. Though the final page makes it seem as if Shitaroi still has something going on with a girl of the past. I hope not for him and Fukurou are really cute couple, their kissing scene and couch scene especially.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Seven Deadly Sins

Did I imagine it or didn't they say Merlin was one of the Sins that betrayed them and why they all were scattered and wanted?

Either way one more Sin to go.

Dynedom

Seven Deadly Sins

Did I imagine it or didn't they say Merlin was one of the Sins that betrayed them and why they all were scattered and wanted?

Either way one more Sin to go.

Yup. Merlin was the traitor. Hence the "Friend or Foe" question at the end of the chapter.

Kuroko

That makes sense, as an Emperor, he tried to tower over everyone. As a leader, his job is to bring others to a higher state and awaken them.

So basically Akashi awakened everyone in the GoM in the 1st place with this, and even Kuroko's potential. We were staring at his power all along it seems.

Seven Deadly Sins 83

GOT DAMN. She's here!

Looking forward to reading her version of the ambush 10 years ago. I'm thinking she may be the one that saved the Sins after knocking out Meliodas.

Aho Girl 21

Teacher route activated courtesy of Yoshiko?

Kuroko

That makes sense, as an Emperor, he tried to tower over everyone. As a leader, his job is to bring others to a higher state and awaken them.

So basically Akashi awakened everyone in the GoM in the 1st place with this, and even Kuroko's potential. We were staring at his power all along it seems.
I kind lf though Kuroko will use a Misdirection Overflow anility where all his teammates have his misdirection ability. Just want this game to end soon.....

Pumped for the Wendy Fairy Tail spinoff.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
No one said you can't post about lewd things you like, guys. Just don't post graphic images or lovingly describe lewd things - this was always against the rules.

I will say that you guys have a tendency to toe the line in that regard, though. Then again, I think this thread has a tendency to image spam nonsensical panels anyways.

Stulaw

Might be an asian thing. My parents did this.

Though it was probably more due to my dad's snoring now that I think about it.

Actually, I'm very sure this is an old religious tradition, especially in Europe, the special nights between a man and wife are when they push the beds together and so on (I'm not religious by any means).

Akame ga kill 50

Esdese's going to kill the rest of Wild Hunt and probably capture Tatsumi, I mean, it's obviously a shock to her so she might try to kill him instead (with him escaping), but maybe it'll finally be a start for her downfall as well, with Tatsumi being her 'weakness'. Part of me wants her to become part of Night Raid, but I think that would ruin her character.

I also think that Wave v Tatsumi is coming up, with Akame v Kurome as well.

Ai to Kairaku no Jouken 2
2nd story in this collection was hilarious. Started off with insanely good looking actor who puts on a mask in front of everyone for his role but is perhaps totally different off stage. Thankfully the janitor masamune can see rights through this and even his true self. One of the better ones with this type of character, and only three pages to prove it. Memorable.

bjork

No one said you can't post about lewd things you like, guys. Just don't post graphic images or lovingly describe lewd things - this was always against the rules.

I will say that you guys have a tendency to toe the line in that regard, though. Then again, I think this thread has a tendency to image spam nonsensical panels anyways.

WKuCCAn.jpg

I do agree though that we don't have any posts about anything loli or pedo bait, or else I would have ran a long time ago, and that seemed to be the problem over there.

People still talk about To Love Ru Darkness though. I've definitely seen "dat Mikan" posts. It doesn't usually go beyond that, though.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
just saw this

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118522781&postcount=9535

i wonder about the implications for here.
Honestly, I think we'll be okay. Most of the members here respect the fact that some of us work, and therefore don't post NSFW images (or they at least just link to them). We do sometimes have NSFW conversations, but that usually arises from the context of the manga we've all read... I can't even remember the last NSFW conversation we've had that didn't.

We do throw around "dat ass"es and have waifu wars, but I never feel like those are genuinely lewd. It's hafl out of jest and half out of being attached to that character (well, maybe I'm projecting here...).

I think our major problem is just all the spam that happens here... Image spam at least usually gets nipped in the bud quickly though. I'd consider some of the waifu wars that happen here pretty spammy sometimes.

I've had the feeling recently that I'm pretty spammy in here and should probably stop being like that. Maybe some of it is down to catching up and all the things I haven't read cos I only started reading manga in like February or March, but some of it is probably needless too.

I'll try to reign in my posts a bit more.

Dynedom

I remember making a really morbid Akame ga Kiru predicion (that of course involved Mein's death) that kinda raised some eyebrows. Wish I could find it.

bigkrev

just saw this

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118522781&postcount=9535

i wonder about the implications for here.

I really don't have a problem with any of the discussion here- Waifu wars are normally just jokes that go on for 15 posts or so before moving on, most images that are questionable (such as the Soma one last week) are linked to instead of imbedded, and discussion of smut never gets too offensive to me. I think everything here is -fine- as is right now

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I've had the feeling recently that I'm pretty spammy in here and should probably stop being like that. Maybe some of it is down to catching up and all the things I haven't read cos I only started reading manga in like February or March, but some of it is probably needless too.

I'll try to reign in my posts a bit more.
I think pretty much all of the regulars are guilty of spamming to some degree (I know I am), but I wouldn't consider your catching up on things as spammy. Impressions are the lifeblood of this thread anyway.

I don't think being off the topic of manga sometimes is a bad thing. I mean, I enjoy seeing others giving panda shit for breaking the forum, for example. As long as it doesn't extend for pages on end, I think it's okay.

I think pretty much all of the regulars are guilty of spamming to some degree (I know I am), but I wouldn't consider your catching up on things as spammy. Impressions are the lifeblood of this thread anyway.

I don't think being off the topic of manga sometimes is a bad thing. I mean, I enjoy seeing others giving panda shit for breaking the forum, for example. As long as it doesn't extend for pages on end, I think it's okay.

I guess it's more of a quality/quantity balance. Like, when I was catching up on Akame, was me writing only "RIP" as an impression for multiple chapters in a row or spamming "I LOVE ESDESE" really contributing to the thread? Probably not. Especially when it's multiple posts on a page. Sure, it's a bit of fun, but it's probably unnecessary.

In general I think I have to balance my post quantity with the value of them. i.e., it's fine to post quite a few things if it's worthwhile impressions but I shouldn't be doing what I was with Akame really.

I don't think. Like if I'm right or wrong on this, if people think my posts have value or not I'd of course appreciate people letting me know.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
QQ Sweeper 2

Well, here comes the supernatural elements I was looking forward to. Pretty good so far. There's not much here for me to comment on yet, besides thinking the action scenes leave a lot to be desired. Hopefully the next chapter comes out soon, I think they're two behind if this is monthly.

Images are the way to get people to look at posts, though.
By image spam, I meant like what TheRealTalker did with that Toriko panel, and what I did with the random gifs/image memes I posted in response to people.

I guess it's more of a quality/quantity balance. Like, when I was catching up on Akame, was me writing only "RIP" as an impression for multiple chapters in a row or spamming "I LOVE ESDESE" really contributing to the thread? Probably not. Especially when it's multiple posts on a page. Sure, it's a bit of fun, but it's probably unnecessary.

In general I think I have to balance my post quantity with the value of them. i.e., it's fine to post quite a few things if it's worthwhile impressions but I shouldn't be doing what I was with Akame really.

I don't think. Like if I'm right or wrong on this, if people think my posts have value or not I'd of course appreciate people letting me know.
Honestly, I think I just glossed over those kind of posts... So maybe you have a point?

I do appreciate your Horimiya impressions though. Those made me laugh.

I've been mindlessly posting around here too, so I guess it's a matter of thinking "does this really need to be said?" before hitting the post button.

_hekk05

Banned
Honestly, I think I just glossed over those kind of posts... So maybe you have a point?

I do appreciate your Horimiya impressions though. Those made me laugh.

I've been mindlessly posting around here too, so I guess it's a matter of thinking "does this really need to be said?" before hitting the post button.

But how do you express your undying love for the waifu of your choice without those posts?

scy

By image spam, I meant like what TheRealTalker did with that Toriko panel, and what I did with the random gifs/image memes I posted in response to people.

T2HPmRi.png

Honestly, I don't think it matters all that much for this thread. The worst we have is silly posts, really.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yozakura Quartet 30

I'm pretty sure that's not how defibrillators work, but hey, who am I to judge this super realistic piece of work.

_hekk05

Banned
Honestly, I don't think it matters all that much for this thread. The worst we have is silly posts, really.

If naruto, one of the big 3, can give us reverse sexy no jutsu during a boss fight, we should be allowed to post silly stuff.

Zweizer

Banned
I predict it's waifu wars and not the silly or smutty stuff that will be the downfall of MangaGAF one day.

Onepunch-Man ch35v2

Damn Saitama is scary.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Nisekoi and Soma, probably...

To aru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki
Slice of (virtual) life manga about 38 years old man playing MMORPG. This is so down to earth is kinda refreshing,
Also, LOL at some guy saying that archery is useless. Based on my experience, ranger type character usually have a great DPS, just below mages.

lL8FuYg.png

Onepunch-Man 35.2

That serious strike...

dramatis

Though honestly, is there even a manga out now with a waifu war worth fighting for?
I don't think there was ever such a thing that existed, really.

Most waifus are 'waifus' because they're defined by a pretty face and a stereotype. I don't think I've read a lot of manga and watched a lot of anime, but I rarely ever think, "This character is really worth dying for" for a female character.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't think there was ever such a thing that existed, really.

Most waifus are 'waifus' because they're defined by a pretty face and a stereotype. I don't think I've read a lot of manga and watched a lot of anime, but I rarely ever think, "This character is really worth dying for" for a female character.

Eh, to be fair though, I don't think I've ever seen anyone take it that seriously here, though the TWGOK fights were fun. Some other places that are more... dedicated can get waaaaay too serious about this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom