• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm slightly reminded of that Bakuman chapter where a character talks about TLR being one of his favorite Jump titles and he says because of the content, people would be too embarrassed to vote for it or something lol

ok, so after there was a bit of TLR Darkness talk earlier as it being a super dodgy thing and since there was a new chapter, I went against my own rule that I quoted to Sauce earlier and said "it can't be that bad" and took a look at the new chapter. A side one admittedly, but...

I'm almost certain there was side vagina. and a child's toy in a place where it shouldn't be

How does the mangaka get away with this? Like. How. How.

nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope

Side vag is nothing. There are full vag views hidden in reflections and stuff.

And no, I don't know how Yabuki gets away with it either. There's no reason that should fly in a shounen magazine.

Tacitus_

I'm slightly reminded of that Bakuman chapter where a character talks about TLR being one of his favorite Jump titles and he says because of the content, people would be too embarrassed to vote for it or something lol

Isn't that where the "super interesting" comes from?

Zweizer

Banned
So I checked out that TLR Darkness chapter.

If I didn't knew better, I'd have thought it was some hentai.
Does Jump Square run anything else as lewd as this?

edit: I stop seeing nope over and over again, and start seeing open instead.

mind blown

I think it's cos GAF splits big long lines like that so after it while it sort of is saying open :L

Side vag is nothing. There are full vag views hidden in reflections and stuff.

And no, I don't know how Yabuki gets away with it either. There's no reason that should fly in a shounen magazine.

Yeah. I mean, I've read a lot of lewd and gratuitous stuff and it probably seems a bit rich to say that it's probably going a bit too far, but it's probably going a bit too far.

probably

Rhapsody

Banned

I don't think so. Before when TLR was on weekly jump, it was definitely edited until it was in tankoubon format. Eventually it got dropped until it returned in Jump Square. It seems like it's a lot more popular now, so I guess they kinda let him do whatever he wants.

We are here today to praise our lord and savior, Yabuki-sensei.

For he has heard our (mine) woeful cries after last chapter and has blessed us with an extra chapter starring best girl

img00000365jft.jpg

I do believe this a sign a will change my avatar accordingly.

Binbougami ga had some degree of lewd in it (as well as a character that was totally into little girls), but it wasn't even close to the levels in TLRD.

Tacitus_

I don't think so. Before when TLR was on weekly jump, it was definitely edited until it was in tankoubon format. Eventually it got dropped until it returned in Jump Square. It seems like it's a lot more popular now, so I guess they kinda let him do whatever he wants.

Seems that he's pushing the limits a lot more now. There's been clear vag shots in this chapter and the panty portal chapter.

Also thanks for the responses.

I know we are not as bad as what happened but listing stuff like waifu wars, etc made it interesting since this thread will sometime run on that as well.

We'll see i guess.

Rhapsody

Banned
Also thanks for the responses.

I know we are not as bad as what happened but listing stuff like waifu wars, etc made it interesting since this thread will sometime run on that as well.

We'll see i guess.
duckroll said that waifu wars stuff can be fine, but we have to use our heads on what we post. duckroll didn't want a thread derailed to just image spams or content that gets out of hand.

mdubs

Banned
2 teenagers alone in the house at night? Yeah... I can see things happening... spontaneously

Well obviously, I'm not saying it's unbelievable or something, but it seemed a little out of place with the plot progression and considering we haven't seen very much of that side of their relationship.

kasane

At this point on jump stopped caring

Damn im a S A D B O Y after that ESL game. Im gonna cry first before i read

Akainu

Suicide Island

Fucking brilliant this guy is made leader and in a day he already screws up. I don't feel the lease bit sorry for them. And they have arrows pointed right at the two biggest dicks on the island and do nothing.

TLR Darkness was (relatively) tame for a while until the author decided to start hiding vag shots in faucet reflections. At which point he realized the censors don't care and here we are now.

TLR Darkness was (relatively) tame for a while until the author decided to start hiding vag shots in faucet reflections. At which point he realized the censors don't care and here we are now.

I feel like he's doing it just to see how far he can go before his editors say something. I mean once his wife (the one Haruna is based off of) went crazy, he just probably doesn't care about any kind of artistic integrity or overarching plot and just wants to troll.

dumbyugi

To-Love Ru Darkness is my 2nd favourite manga that's still ongoing. It doesn't have a sinlge bad waifu & I even like Rito. Then again Black Cat is my favourite manga of all time so I'm probably a little bias towards Yabuki's work.

To-Love Ru Darkness 44.5

Yui focused chapters are always great. I'm pretty sure I've seen that exact toy used in a hentai before, so it was fairly obvious where that was going. At least she seemed to enjoy it a bit.

To-Love Ru Darkness is my 2nd favourite manga that's still ongoing. It doesn't have a sinlge bad waifu & I even like Rito. Then again Black Cat is my favourite manga of all time so I'm probably a little bias towards Yabuki's work.

Isn't that the Black Cat MC's friend as your avatar? so...

:p

I enjoyed To-Love-Ru. It's extremely self-aware and I didn't care about Lala so her lack of doing anything for the last 100 chapters didn't bother me.

The only crime of TLR Darkness is less Yui.

Rhapsody

Banned
To love Ru stuff

http://aoindonesia.net/showthread.php?t=6621

translated version of what supposedly happened, why the original series was "canned", a certain character lost major focus in the new series and also why the story path changed in the new series.

Ooh. My friend told me all about this, but this is all nicely laid out.

Really unfortunate about what happened in the author's life.

After all that, I still like how TLRD turned out. Much more entertaining. There's still somewhat of a story this time.

Big One

Banned
To love Ru stuff

http://aoindonesia.net/showthread.php?t=6621

translated version of what supposedly happened, why the original series was "canned", a certain character lost major focus in the new series and also why the story path changed in the new series.
This almost makes me want to read it, very sad story. Feel sorry for the author. Hope he can get his life straightened out and hope he gets to spend a lot of time with his daughter.

bigkrev

My only Experience with TLR was starting it after reading Domina no Do, finding it way too tame, and dropping it after 10 chapters.

Probably should have picked TLRD instead, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom