• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Akame ga Kill 50
It's happening.gif

Oh well, Lubo probably going to die...

Kui tan 14
Now i'm hungry for some bento, and Miso as a explosive weapon is kinda hilarious!

Naw, we ain't at the levels of Askin Nakk Le Vaar, NaNaNa Najahkoop, Candice Catnipp or Mask De Masculine yet.

its as bad once she gets a surname as ridiculous *shudder*

No its next level terrible naming

I mean really, esdeath?

those examples above are not great tbh.

plus why give a girl such a name?

It's not as bad as Quwrof Wrlccywrlir, Phalcnothdk or Wbererguin.

Togashi's English sounds like the names of Old Ones.

I forgot about this until i decided to read the HxH wikia again. :(

kasane

I really need to remember names

Or at least the terrible ones

Edit: well i dont really post the lewd stuff i read here, not the extreme ones

Mortemis

Banned
just saw this

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118522781&postcount=9535

i wonder about the implications for here.

Maybe I don't read enough here, but other than Soma foodgasms I don't really see people post nsfw pics here. There's always discussion on smut manga, and the occasional super smut post but no one really ever embeds or even links nsfw pics. Even for the Soma foodgasms, if it's really bad most of the posts at most just link it, and don't embed. Comments like "dat ass" or "dem tits" though are more seen, especially an aunt tits reactions. I don't think mangagaf has that big of a problem that would warrant a huge warning like that, though I don't doubt that there are a few instances and it's always good to have reminders on what's appropriate and what's not. Edit: Err, just noticed you could take this the wrong way. I only meant that mangagaf is pretty tame when it comes to nsfw pictures and that stuff, there is a large amount of discussion on nsfw manga and I'm not really shrugging that off. I do agree though that we don't have any posts about anything loli or pedo bait, or else I would have ran a long time ago, and that seemed to be the problem over there.

No waifu wars would tear mangagaf apart though.

scy

I assume it just means a lower tolerance on things that are borderline NSFW and any in-depth discussions of the same nature.

So the important question is: How safe are Aunt Tits images / impressions. This could be vastly important for the next chapter.

Mortemis

Banned
I assume it just means a lower tolerance on things that are borderline NSFW and any in-depth discussions of the same nature.

So the important question is: How safe are Aunt Tits images / impressions. This could be vastly important for the next chapter.

Yeah, the main problem here would be the impressions and in-depth discussions, especially on series like Aunt tits.

We'll have to censor the title for one thing. I suggest calling it Aunt Social-Literary Experiment.

Mortemis

Banned
The Breaker: New Waves 164

Is some action finally going to happen? Will this leave me hanging yet again? Goddammit, something needs to go down already.

kasane

Bu-but my yes.gif
Horimiya 13

Holding hands? Is there actually
RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT HAPPENING IN THIS MANGA?

Horimiya 14

Or maybe not.
You are so lttp
The Breaker: New Waves 164

Is some action finally going to happen? Will this leave me hanging yet again? Goddammit, something needs to go down already.
Hey what do ya expect? Another twist that will prevent action is gonna happen

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
We'll have to censor the title for one thing. I suggest calling it Aunt Social-Literary Experiment.

It seem everyone forget that the title is Minamoto kun Monogatari (For real, i forgot the title too for a moment)

Horimiya 13

Holding hands? Is there actually
RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT HAPPENING IN THIS MANGA?

Horimiya 14

Or maybe not.

I can't wait when you read chapter 37

bjork

just saw this

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118522781&postcount=9535

i wonder about the implications for here.

This thread never gets too ridiculous with sexual stuff, but I find this interesting:

If people want to talk about their preference of young girls drawn or otherwise, they can talk about it somewhere which is not NeoGAF. If someone wants to post sexy pictures or lewd stuff like panties, bust sizes, or "dat ass" or whatever, they can do so somewhere else which is not NeoGAF. Off-Topic no longer has "Hot Women" or "Hot Men" threads. Image spam for the purpose of self stimulation aid is discouraged throughout the forum. This will be no different. If you want to discuss your sexual fantasies, your fetishes, and what sexual gratification you get from drawn cartoons, you are not welcome to discuss it here.

For a forum that's made great efforts to make people of any orientation welcome, singling this out and saying to go somewhere else seems to go against that mindset. Unless bold is implying people with some cartoon fetish have their own thread, like the foot fetish thread that's been floating around for awhile? Though I can't say it effects me too much since I have neither.

Anyway, actual manga related: I reread Lady Snowblood again. Good stuff, I wish there were more of it. I keep seeing this Samurai Executioner omnibus at the store, but it isn't the entire thing, so I don't buy it. But I know if I don't, by the time the second one comes out, the first one will never be in stock. Damn books.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It seem everyone forget that the title is Minamoto kun Monogatari (For real, i forgot the title too for a moment)

I can't wait when you read chapter 37

Not even really. Scy. Go dig up the gifs from the reactions of the chapter when they meet Kyousuke.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For a forum that's made great efforts to make people of any orientation welcome, singling this out and saying to go somewhere else seems to go against that mindset. Unless bold is implying people with some cartoon fetish have their own thread, like the foot fetish thread that's been floating around for awhile? Though I can't say it effects me too much since I have neither.

There has been some internal conflict in AnimeGAF over the direction the thread culture recently. We're a lot more tightly knit than MangaGAF is, and the state of the thread frequently gets discussed in our IRC. It seems sudden, but the discontent has been brewing for years, and that "Advertise your community thread", combined with cnet's offending post eventually drove duckroll to clean house. As you can see, lines were crossed with that post that shouldn't have been crossed.

I don't know what that means for this thread because I'm not duckroll, but the situation is very different so I don't think you need to worry overmuch.

(Also, manga itself is a much more lewd hobby because the medium frequently deals directly in sex and sexuality, so it's unavoidable in that sense. Whereas in anime, lewd is mostly manufactured by the fans, with the anime itself going rarely beyond a panty flash or a nipple-slip.)

Haly

I don't think saying "12 year old cameltoes are beautiful" would fly around here either really.

Pretty much, even though I know some of you are into that stuff, but you have the tact to keep it to yourself and that's all duckroll cared about.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
(Also, manga itself is a much more lewd hobby because the medium frequently deals directly in sex and sexuality, so it's unavoidable in that sense. Whereas in anime, lewd is mostly manufactured by the fans, with the anime itself going rarely beyond a panty flash or a nipple-slip.)

Is it really? Hmm.... I guess I thought they were equally the same.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yozakura Quartett 2

Not sure if it's the narrative style or the translation but I find it kinda hard to follow the story.

Haly

Is it really? Hmm.... I guess I thought they were equally the same.

No, not even close.

You think so because your exposure to the medium is a bit narrow (not a slight against you, honestly, because manga is a very wide field and most people don't have time to plumb its depths), but when you have serious works by acclaimed authors like Asano's A Girl By The Sea featuring underage sex, scat play, etc, well...

Another example, Shimura's Happy-Go-Lucky-Days which has a laundry list of sex and sexuality related things:
1) Incest
2) Gay sex
3) Lesbian sex
4) A teacher crushing on his students
5) Non consensual sex
6) Voyeurism

A manga like this was actually licensed and released here, albeit digitially.

Anime and manga are very different beasts.

No, not even close.

You think so because your exposure to the medium is a bit narrow (not a slight against you, honestly, because manga is a very wide field and most people don't have time to plumb its depths), but when you have serious works by acclaimed authors like Asano's A Girl By The Sea featuring underage sex, scat play, etc, well...

Another example, Shimura's Happy-Go-Lucky-Days which has a laundry list of sex and sexuality related things:
1) Incest
2) Gay sex
3) Lesbian sex
4) A teacher crushing on his students
5) Non consensual sex
6) Voyeurism

A manga like this was actually licensed and released here, albeit digitially.

Anime and manga are very different beasts.
I can see your point, but those are sort of odd examples (at least Girl by the Sea is, not familiar with the other). I don't think it's so much the content that people have found objectionable, but the way it is presented and what the audience is getting out of it.

Haly

I can see your point, but those are sort of odd examples (at least Girl by the Sea is, not familiar with the other). I don't think it's so much the content that people have found objectionable, but the way it is presented and what the audience is getting out of it.

You're right there, I guess. Asano is light years away from the likes of Yabuki and whatnot.

Haly

Nanatsu 83:

Spinoff with Arthur plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

MERLIN LAWD HAMERCY

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yozakura Quartett 5

You know I never get why catgirls are usually drawn with both human ears and cat ears.

Really should just have one set of ears really.

bjork

I don't know what that means for this thread because I'm not duckroll, but the situation is very different so I don't think you need to worry overmuch

Not worried at all. I read manga before this thread, I'm sure I will after as well. Just seemed like a weird way for it to be worded. :shrug:

plus any waifu wars here tend to stem out of me inadvertently starting Nisekoi ones without any real intention to whatsoever. I don't know how, they just happen.

oh and when we troll Kasane about Alice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom