• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kishimoto hyping me up for the movie, I cant wait to see it!
tumblr_n4r2egFIWA1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

upandaway

That reminds me, One Piece will be at the 3/4ths of 1k chapters mark soon. They usually don't do anything for these but that's pretty crazy in any case.

survivor

Banned
Rookies vol 7-8
So it took about 2 and a half volumes for just the practice match. Really hope this isn't a sign of what's to come next when they actually start playing in the tournament. The outcome was expected, it's the usual face the strong but crippled team, come really close to winning, but eventually lose at the end. I also got this hilarious line
It's pretty funny how far they had to make the coach into a cartoony villain, and then to deliver the dreams speech and have the umpire say this after. That's the cheesy shounen writing that I'm used to.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Rookies vol 5-6

This game is taking far too long, but at the very least it's easier to follow now that I actually been following baseball and able to understand some of the terms mentioned. On the other hand, the writing quality has been pretty average. Kawato cringeworthy speeches aren't getting any better either.

rookies is good but its annoying how long it takes for any story to develop

Kurita

Man I wish Rookies had another edition here, the volumes are expensive as hell now.
Always wanted to read it, it seems quite great.

All You Need Is Kill 13
BmU2PkpCMAADgoo.png

The Keiji faces this chapter, smiling, having a good time, and just acting like what most people his age would be doing. This is a chapter that needed to be 40 pages, not like 13. Yet another reason why live action format is detrimental to manga storytelling.

How did Hunter X Hunter get moved to late night, but To Love Ru is still in a boys' magazine.

Anime is a different story compared to manga.

I think To Love Ru aired late at night too and pretty much had steam censorship the whole time.

To Love Ru Darkness runs in Jump Square which is a monthly shounen magazine and according to Wikipedia:
Like all monthly shonen manga magazines, Jump Square is aimed at late teens and people in their early 20s from ages 16 to 21.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Hajime no Ippo 1051

Just wrap it up Ippo.

This author knows how to make things last to the point where it gets frustrating.

World Trigger 58
Reiji's punch scene was my favorite part of the chapter (though I am a hardcore Hyuse fan). Oh well, at least Hyuse didnt seem too damaged and could still regenerate his dynamic magnetic shield. I think Chika may definitely be captured, she has no defenses and now is just being guarded by Mikumo, and with Mikumo having no real offensive power and only being watched from folks from afar, it seems unlikely that he would be able to defend Chika and himself if someone were to target them.

Shun, Izumi, and Yoneya on the same team at the end was the best panel, my dream team!

Stealth Symphony 10
Wow impressive use of page spreads (and Soya commentary) to highlight just how stunning Troma's dragon form can be. The full reflect back, the sheer size, and the destruction of the controlled vehicle had me on the edge of my seat. This was phenomenal.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
sousei no omyouji 6
Enter the childhood friend
It's still one of the most solid Shonen battle manga. The motivation is clear, the art is nice, the humor is well done. It play it's cliche very well.

Black Lagoon manga + Roberta's Blood Trail OVA

Whoa i never knew they went in such different directions in regards to "if she made it out intact".

Maybe in the OVA they were going for the extra emotional aspect giving she's meeting with that dead guy's family? or to show she's officially out of "commission"? Kinda strange.

No thoughts, damn :(

Kingdom

RIP man RIP

I see Ouhon still has a massive stick up his ass even after the time skip lol

And Tou being the fucking boss, truly worthy of the inheritance from Ou ki

I always wondered about the reason for that difference. Maybe it was to give a more sadder tone to the ending of the arc.
I believe is to show she would die if Roberto didnt stop her.

you mean Garcia but yea.

and hmm that would also make sense. Seems it could be a mixture too given what you said.

Given that they have forsaken Rock because of the bullshit he pulled hopefully it will be alright/peaceful for them.

scy

I ... never watched that OVA. Hm. Maybe I should do that some time this week since I re-read that arc recently.

Given that they have forsaken Rock because of the bullshit he pulled hopefully it will be alright/peaceful for them.

lol they should be grateful for the bullshit he pulled since they asked for his help. It was the correct course of action given the situation and they woudnt save Roberta without some risk.

lol they should be grateful for the bullshit he pulled since they asked for his help. It was the correct course of action given the situation and they woudnt save Roberta without some risk.

i agree but what i think unnerved them was how he just did it and his apparent reasons/justifications (doing it for fun and that bet with Chang)

with that i can see why they would be
upset since to them he has changed

Toriko

How far can Sunny extend them if he could even feel Toriko and Coco all the way out there in the village. I thought they were separated many leagues apart. Also is this the first time with creatures able to speak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom