• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed To-Love-Ru. It's extremely self-aware and I didn't care about Lala so her lack of doing anything for the last 100 chapters didn't bother me.

The only crime of TLR Darkness is less Yui.

Wow so there is not much lala in TLRD

Good thing i dont read it anymore

tbf the character i was referring to was haruna since iirc she was the MC's crush at the time.

I always wondered why Lala suffered as well (maybe it because they were competing for him?)

This almost makes me want to read it, very sad story. Feel sorry for the author. Hope he can get his life straightened out and hope he gets to spend a lot of time with his daughter.

its been a while since it happened and To Love Ru Darkness is the new series which has been going on since 2010.

So i think its safe to say he's alright now (or at least the craziness is over)

Revo

Soul Catchers 19-20

Resolution seemed not earned, and seems like they're really pushing to this confrontation quicker than it probably should be.

kasane

Haruna was the classic love rival in the harem series

im glad she was out but lala actually wanted to be with rito

so w/e *shrug*

Lain

now that just sounds like a bad idea from the outset

Why would you say that?

The World God Only Knows volume 19
dxS.jpg

What a way to conclude this whole arc, and I'm not saying this based only on the way Keima ends up conquering the last goddess, but mostly because of the last panel after the concert, where Keima is crying. That hit me.
Chihiro has been pretty awesome in this last part of the manga.

Zetsuen no Tempest 30

Snakes, dragons and aliens are here to destroy the earth and all I care about is watching Maihime continue to troll the punchable other magician.

zeromcd73

This almost makes me want to read it, very sad story. Feel sorry for the author. Hope he can get his life straightened out and hope he gets to spend a lot of time with his daughter.

That was a while ago and things are going well with the author and his daughter.

In one of the author comments last year, Yabuki said that she now draws eyes exactly like him despite being 6 years old from watching him work :D

Future Mangaka in the making.

Soul Catcher(s) 19-20

So many good character designs in this panel, we need more of these in the remaining 30ish chapters.

Always takes so long to read because I have to look up the songs (El Cumbanchero), and unfortunately I dont think I pay for a channel that gives access to those variety jpn shows that play the songs :/

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just glad I flipped back a few pages and caught this one. Bravo, sir.

healing when
This pun is still unacceptable.

never

That was a while ago and things are going well with the author and his daughter.

In one of the author comments last year, Yabuki said that she now draws eyes exactly like him despite being 6 years old from watching him work :D

That's adorable. Too bad I'll never read his manga, I want to support him. :\

dumbyugi

tbf the character i was referring to was haruna since iirc she was the MC's crush at the time.

I always wondered why Lala suffered as well (maybe it because they were competing for him?)

Lala hasn't been in it much because her part of the story is pretty much done. She already knows that Rito loves her so she doesn't need to waste her time trying to get him to fall in love with her anymore.

that's fucking adorable.

Lala hasn't been in it much because her part of the story is pretty much done. She already knows that Rito loves her so she doesn't need to waste her time trying to get him to fall in love with her anymore.

So she basically won and doesn't give a fuck about the others trying :p

Quasar

Zetsuen no Tempest 30

Snakes, dragons and aliens are here to destroy the earth and all I care about is watching Maihime continue to troll the punchable other magician.

For me it Hakaze and her romance. Well that and Aika who sadly did not get enough scenes.

Articalys

Why does it seem like Murata redraws/adds extra pages to every other OPM chapter? Is he under contract that he has to publish at least something every two weeks, then uses the next update to go back and revise it or what?

Why does it seem like Murata redraws/adds extra pages to every other OPM chapter? Is he under contract that he has to publish at least something every two weeks, then uses the next update to go back and revise it or what?

I thought he just likes to make and improve it wherever he sees fit, the flexibility of online publishing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
that's fucking adorable.

So she basically won and doesn't give a fuck about the others trying :p

My recollection was that she told him that harems are cool when you're king of the universe, so she doesn't even care whether the others succeed or not.

Everyone hates Haruna for the same reason everyone hates Onodera.

Quasar

My recollection was that she told him that harems are cool when you're king of the universe, so she doesn't even care whether the others succeed or not.

Everyone hates Haruna for the same reason everyone hates Onodera.

Heh. I like Onodera, but don't feel the same way about Haruna. Of course I don't much like Lala either. Its Momo who made the story interesting.

And she pretty much can't lose either. Since it's either she wins or harem plan wins (which she won't mind) lol

Yep. She even told Rito that he can go ahead and marry Haruna as well. She wins no matter what happens.

game set match

some Xanatos gambit shit is going on here.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Awaiting your opinion on best girl.

Will you join the ranks of Team Juri?

Hmm, can't say I'm in any team yet. There are some pretty adorable characters though.

One thing I like about Yasuda is that he is definitely in team "Girls with short hair", which I approve of.

Is TLRD published in the west? Im gonna buy some volumes if so

After the Kodomo no Jikan controversy, I'm not sure if anyone would have the balls to bring it over.

Adorable, but it's probably not a good idea to let your 6 year old daughter watch you draw smut >_>

That's adorable. Too bad I'll never read his manga, I want to support him.

Same here. I like the way he draws characters and feel bad for the dude based on the wife situation, but I can't support a smut manga.

Also, if his daughter is already imitating his style (aww) it's gonna be REALLY awkward when she starts emulating the "other" aspects of it. Like not even an awkward bomb, it's gonna be STALKER: Shadow of Awkward Chernobyl up in that house. XD

Code: Breaker end

So Ogami goes back to burning people for a living and Sakura is totally cool with that...

I feel like this misses the point of the implied themes by a country mile :/. Dumb

Sket Dance 263

Haha at how it really went down.

Sket Dance 264

Go, go, go Hoshinmin!

Sket Dance 265

Awwww, such a good chapter. Man, no need to keep reminding me I'm reaching the end soon.

Articalys

So relating to the Nisekoi and TLR discussion

I'm sick of harem series where the MC has a dozen girls after him just by the virtue of being a Nice Guy and manning up only when it counts

What are some series where the MC actually earns and deserves that adoration, whether because he's a total badass (for an action series) or he's actively and intentionally wooing the girls himself or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom