• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
I see promise in the hekk recommended μ&i Mu and I

Speaking of μ&i, chapter 2 was recently released.

xrvbum.jpg

It includes Y-shirt loli, loli-loving hakase, breast bindings being undone, waterboarding with stockings, loli wearing gym uniform complete with buruma, upskirt peeping, begging to go to the toilet, and loli head petting.

Seal of hekk approval

kasane

So relating to the Nisekoi and TLR discussion

I'm sick of harem series where the MC has a dozen girls after him just by the virtue of being a Nice Guy and manning up only when it counts

What are some series where the MC actually earns and deserves that adoration, whether because he's a total badass (for an action series) or he's actively and intentionally wooing the girls himself or whatever

city hunter?

lol

Rhapsody

Banned

I'm sick of harem series where the MC has a dozen girls after him just by the virtue of being a Nice Guy and manning up only when it counts

What are some series where the MC actually earns and deserves that adoration, whether because he's a total badass (for an action series) or he's actively and intentionally wooing the girls himself or whatever

But then you get Mahouka where everyone in the anime thread will still hate the MC.

dumbyugi

Ai Kora & Great Teacher Onizuka come to mind. I don't know if GTO really counts though.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Defines TWGOK.

Otherwise I wouldn't know, all harems suck.

edit: wait no, there was also Okobore Hime to Entaku no Kishi. The MC is pretty awesome, it's a reverse harem though

Aiki.

And the guy only deserves that adoration for being the strongest character in the series by a LUDICROUS degree. As a human being, he is a terrible person.

Revo

Watching Mahouka actually made me want to see if it gets worse in the LN.

So I guess that counts as advertising the source material?

Watching Mahouka actually made me want to see if it gets worse in the LN.

So I guess that counts as advertising the source material?

From what people said before it aired, sure. I was basically told he's the Gary Stu to end all Gary Stus so maybe that's why I really don't mind any what's going on. At this point (only finished Vol.3) I'm basically looking forward to seeing how even more amazing Onii-sama~ becomes.

I do think that the LN does a really really really too detailed for its own good at world building to say the least. Almost to the point of the author just having all these ideas and tossing them out regardless of how it affects the flow. :p

Mortemis

Banned
Is there really such a thing as an ideal harem MC that tries to woo the girls and earns a harem? From what I read, there's two types of harem MC. The first is the typical "nice" guy that girls flock to him for no good reason other than he's "nice", and he tries his damn hardest to keep the status quo with all the girls, which leads to no development with anyone. The second is the MC that just doesn't give a shit and does things for a a different motive (like winning a fight, protecting the weak) but girls just end up flocking to him just because. He usually ignores the girls because, like I said, he just doesn't give a shit. The first type is the one that usually shows up in straight up harem manga, the second is usually in action manga or mangas like Soma. You could say that Keima from TWGOK is one that doesn't adhere to either, but he's more of the second one since he didn't really want a harem, he did it to stay alive/save the world. Another point I want to make is that there isn't an ideal harem MC, or at least one that I have seen. If a manga (that isn't a comedy) is about a MC that goes out on his own will to create a harem, we end up hating him for things like being an asshole cheater and two-timing, a bit like School Days. Minamoto-kun Monogatari could be a better example, but again, he doesn't really seek out a harem on his own and is more of a test experiment. The point is, the reason harem manga have nice guy MC's is that they don't get the blame of being an ass since they're so damn passive. If there is such a manga with an ideal harem MC, I'd gladly read it.

TL;DR: I really don't like harem mangas and can see why I almost always end up either rage-reading or just dropping them.

It's a saturday night, I have nothing much to do, and I'm tired as hell so this is just ramblings from a tired, bored guy.

hyouketsu kyoukai no eden is the one deserving of an anime damnit!!!!

"Acknowledge moving to Eden magical sealing process, please connect the Sophia code" a girl was asked to put the barrier, and on her cheek there were tears sliding down. "Shelltis..will we be able to meet again?" A world where humans are ruled by an existence called Yuugenshu. And only by The Priestess's prayer, the floating continent "Obia Craire" was the only place where humans can live. Yumi, the barrier priestess, was waiting for a boy that will protects her, her childhood friend Shelltis. As a heretic, he was expelled from the continent but before he was expelled he promised Yumi that he'll definitely come back to her side.

A girl who is personified by understanding the world and a boy who is rejected by it. A story of two conflicting feeling, and a multi-layered world fantasy.

How does this not get an anime

Is there really such a thing as an ideal harem MC that tries to woo the girls and earns a harem? From what I read, there's two types of harem MC. The first is the typical "nice" guy that girls flock to him for no good reason other than he's "nice", and he tries his damn hardest to keep the status quo with all the girls, which leads to no development with anyone. The second is the MC that just doesn't give a shit and does things for a a different motive (like winning a fight, protecting the weak) but girls just end up flocking to him just because. He usually ignores the girls because, like I said, he just doesn't give a shit. The first type is the one that usually shows up in straight up harem manga, the second is usually in action manga or mangas like Soma. You could say that Keima from TWGOK is one that doesn't adhere to either, but he's more of the second one since he didn't really want a harem, he did it to stay alive/save the world. Another point I want to make is that there isn't an ideal harem MC, or at least one that I have seen. If a manga (that isn't a comedy) is about a MC that goes out on his own will to create a harem, we end up hating him for things like being an asshole cheater and two-timing, a bit like School Days. Minamoto-kun Monogatari could be a better example, but again, he doesn't really seek out a harem on his own and is more of a test experiment. The point is, the reason harem manga have nice guy MC's is that they don't get the blame of being an ass since they're so damn passive. If there is such a manga with an ideal harem MC, I'd gladly read it.

TL;DR: I really don't like harem mangas and can see why I almost always end up either rage-reading or just dropping them.

It's a saturday night, I have nothing much to do, and I'm tired as hell so this is just ramblings from a tired, bored guy.

There are some harems with hilarious perverts like Sora no Otoshimono. They don't really fit into those two types.

Of course, when someone actually tries to reciprocate those perverted feelings, they generally wimp out. The three off the top of my mind, Maken-ki, Sora no Otoshimono and Dakara Boku wa H do it. The only exceptions are when the mc is a player to begin with like the dude from Aiki.

Revo

From what people said before it aired, sure. I was basically told he's the Gary Stu to end all Gary Stus so maybe that's why I really don't mind any what's going on. At this point (only finished Vol.3) I'm basically looking forward to seeing how even more amazing Onii-sama~ becomes.

I do think that the LN does a really really really too detailed for its own good at world building to say the least. Almost to the point of the author just having all these ideas and tossing them out regardless of how it affects the flow. :p

So the anime has an excellent flow and the LN has a terrible flow. At least they both have Onii-sama.

It actually gets better. I thought I gave ample warning about mahouka source material

I was going to have to eventually get into the LNs once the anime ends anyway. So might as well go through all of them now and be able to accurately compare the two pieces of media.

Mortemis

Banned
Perhaps the best idea would be to not start them then.

That sounds like too logical of an idea. Get outta here.

To be fair, I don't think I've picked up any in a while now, and now that I dropped Nisekoi I can't think of any that I'm currently reading. Note: I don't count manga like Soma that are not straight up harem mangas.

kasane

How does this not get an anime
Not popular enough i suppose

I really like everything about the novel and there are interesting plot points currently in place plus the world and lore is pretty good.

From what i hear the prequel answers the questions i currently have about the novel but its not translated

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yozakura Quartet 48

Did not expect those hair colours.

Also yasuda is definitely a thigh man. I can tell a thigh man when I see one.

So #teamthighs and #teamgirlswithshorthair. I approve.

Quasar

The hummingbird anime tracking site/community just turned on Manga tracking. very much a 0.1 version, but its there. The database seems not terrible even in this state, with it not having only a handful of my MAL list.

So I guess I'll actually be free of MAL soonish. Aside from occasional deep dives into its much more mature database.

Scum

Side vag is nothing. There are full vag views hidden in reflections and stuff.

And no, I don't know how Yabuki gets away with it either. There's no reason that should fly in a shounen magazine.

He's gets away with it probably because everyone's in on it.

We are here today to praise our lord and savior, Yabuki-sensei.

For he has heard our (mine) woeful cries after last chapter and has blessed us with an extra chapter starring best girl

I do believe this a sign a will change my avatar accordingly.

EWmof.gif

dramatis

I'm late to the party, but I suppose Yamada and the 7 Witches might fill the kind of idea you're looking for. Technically, Yamada straddles the lines where he's the Nice Guy, the Active Guy, and the Guy who Woos Girls (only one girl in particular though) in one package. The key component of why I like him as a character over a character like Raku from Nisekoi is Yamada's activeness. So even if he's wishy washy about his girlfriend he's proactive about getting things done in the plotline.

That's part of the reason why people liked Keima too, wasn't it?

Antiwhippy

And when that translated into "real" world girls it just kinda felt gross I guess.

Partly why I supported chihiro. Go for the person who actually threw a chink into his plans. :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
And when that translated into "real" world girls it just kinda felt gross I guess.

Yeah I could see that, he was definitely very emotionally manipulative.

At least he wasn't getting some sick sense of fulfillment out of it like you'd expect from real PUAs. It was just a job.

Antiwhippy

Oh yeah, I understood that, but for awhile I had to wonder if it's ok to read a manga where the main theme is "look at how to emotionally manipulate people and why that is ok".

Of course then I realised that he's doing it with dating sim skills which is ridiculous enough, and also I've read far more heinous shit already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom