• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Wh9zjjA.png

Gunjo

A dark, thrilling tale of how far one would go for love, which in this case
has a woman murdering the husband of her high school love in the hopes of claiming her heart for her own
. This is a story with no path to redemption for our "heroines", no happy ending, just a soul stirring struggle of living day to day filled with guilt, regret, and the constant fear of their journey's end. Nakamura's art is out of this world, and adds so much dramatic power to this story.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
So that's what I've been doing wrong all this time.

Prepare some banana.
Put it on higher ground
???
Profit!

------------------------------------------------------

Yandere Kanojo 58

Manabu past is kinda sad.
Reina about to fix/wreck thing up.

Charade

So that's what I've been doing wrong all this time.

Pshh, haven't you guys read TLR/D? It's the guy's job to fall down.

Great manga. I'm glad the translations started up again (which prompted me to start it). They had that close call recently, but I still feel like them getting caught is a question of when, not if. I also felt really bad for the girl who got dumped, but at least her parents were awesome in that one chapter.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Great manga. I'm glad the translations started up again (which prompted me to start it). They had that close call recently, but I still feel like them getting caught is a question of when, not if. I also felt really bad for the girl who got dumped, but at least her parents were awesome in that one chapter.

Exactly. From what we've witnessed so far, it's now a matter of
deciding how they want their lives to end, either behind bars or by their own hands.

Yeah, the chapter focused on the ex was a nice break. I loved how her mom called her dad and was like "Yeah, you were right." in such a casual manner in regards to her coming out. Parents with that foresight. :lol

survivor

Banned
Rookies vol 11-14

Man that was a lot of baseball. 35 chapters just for the second practice match. I'm never gonna see the Koshien at this rate.

Gekkou

50fTa6Rl.jpg

The relationship between a cynical boy and a perfect girl where one day the boy discovers a murder recipe out of the girl's notebook. And then her father dies shortly afterwards.

It was a pretty interesting read. I like the cynical main character (which seems to be all the rad these days), how he views the world and interacts with the different characters. The whole mystery of this was nicely done too. Nicely interwoven into the story, being in the background between the relationship of the two characters but still what's driving the story.

The perfect girl did bother me at some points and I wasn't too satisfied with the ending (but I guess I probably didn't get it), but I enjoyed it through and through.

Charade

Exactly. From what we've witnessed so far, it's now a matter of
deciding how they want their lives to end, either behind bars or by their own hands.

Yeah, the chapter focused on the ex was a nice break. I loved how her mom called her dad and was like "Yeah, you were right." in such a casual manner in regards to her coming out. Parents with that foresight. :lol

That chapter was a nice break. It came at a good time too, at the end of that "arc." Well, at least we know someone is probably going to have an (eventual) happy ending, hopefully. :)

About how it'll end,
the fact that their plan to turn themselves in was foiled makes me think it'll be the latter. But seeing those emotionally-charged hotel scenes where they contemplated death and killing each other but didn't end up following through, makes me think they're still holding onto something. Of course, whatever that is could be realized later on, I suspect relating to their relationship with one another.

He didn't visit Gon in the hospital, attend the elections, answer Leorio's calls etc. He's pretty much 100% revenge focused now. He'll be bordering villain territory soon.

HXH
He didn't visit Gon in the hospital because he didn't know what happened. Because he didn't answer Leorio's calls. My suspicion of why? He is being encircled more and more by the Ryodan and didn't want to put Leorio in danger.

Gekkou

It was a pretty interesting read. I like the cynical main character (which seems to be all the rad these days), how he views the world and interacts with the different characters. The whole mystery of this was nicely done too. Nicely interwoven into the story, being in the background between the relationship of the two characters but still what's driving the story.

The perfect girl did bother me at some points and I wasn't too satisfied with the ending (but I guess I probably didn't get it), but I enjoyed it through and through.

I can't find this. Where is it?

EDIT:Oh it's a novel. Ooohhh.

kapowza

this weeks Prison School has a phenomenal boner joke.

I've been reading a lot of Ito Junji's horror manga, when someone finally hooked Souichi and he ended up with nails sticking out of his face I was so happy.

Kreed

Claymore 150:

I should have guessed this is what was happening last chapter but for some reason I just thought Clare was getting a new look/long hair. Not sure I like Teresa making a return like this though vs letting Clare and friends handle the threat themselves, but this should make the battle more entertaining at least.

Almost forgot there was a new episode of One Week Friends I hadn't watched. Seeing this animated is just an absolute treat.

Such a good start to the day. You should all read and watch this if you haven't already.

xwMany3.png

although the level of adorable may just kill you.

I read a bit of Gekkan Shoujo, should prolly go back

I just have this hole in me that Tasogare left that can't be filled by anything other than Tasogare.

like I have so many things to read but none of them are Tasogare

every time Choir Jail and Reqiuem come on my playlist (speak of the devil, Requiem just came on...) it makes me remember how much I love Tasogare and there's no more Tasogare :(
It's always silly when people say "I can't get into any new manga because I read xxx recently and everything else seems uninteresting in comparison".

But I can't get into any new manga because I read Tasogare recently and everything else seems uninteresting in comparison

dramatis

Knights of Sidona 1-52 (current?)

The art is nice, and the world very fleshed out. I just wish it was less haremy and full of those 'main character peeping on girls by accident' moments. Barring his actions in battle, Nagate is not very interesting. Other characters like Kunato (the semi-rival), Ochiai (the evil mad scientist with a superiority complex), the captain of the ship, and so on, all those characters are also serviceable but uninteresting. The 'lost love' girl turned alien menace has also dragged on forever. It's a pity because the world, the gauna, the tech, the weapons and so on is detailed and fascinating.

Although admittedly it's a bit hard to follow the action on the pages sometimes.

Verdict: Attack on Titan in space with a harem and mobile suits and less conspiracy (maybe). Too many generic females.

Requesting dramatis update the banner to include superior slime girl in Monster Musume's newest volume cover.
I update the banners when at least 3 volume covers have been updated or need to be replaced. So you won't see Slime Girl until AKB and maybe Yamada gets some new volumes.

It's always silly when people say "I can't get into any new manga because I read xxx recently and everything else seems uninteresting in comparison".

But I can't get into any new manga because I read Tasogare recently and everything else seems uninteresting in comparison

yep, pretty much :( well I can get into stuff, but none of them are Tasogare and that makes me sad.

and now Requiem comes on. the timing. :L

upandaway

Magi

Hmmm. Assuming Sheba is y'know who, this request from Arba is stirring the story in a very clear direction right now. For now though, I like how open they are about it.
Solomon is not treating her as an equal in the opposite way of what he's scolding everyone else, that might be relevant in some way too.

I guess David is still alive and Solomon isn't? Not sure how to look at this. Gimme some answers!

Akito

I thought it was finished, but in the Wiki now I see the manga has a second part that it's ongoing.
I was not even talking about the second manga series but there were some good parts in the first that were not adapted in either of the 2 anime seasons nor the OVAs.

Stulaw

Boku Wa Imouto Ni Koi Wo Suru 11
Now they're back together, Yori's broke up with his gf, and Iku was never going out with Nakamura in the first place apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom