• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is moving at a pretty fast pace. Seems like this arc will be over in like three more chapters or when Esdese shows up. Whichever happens first.
I knew that clown dude would be the first to go.
Didn't expect that idol girl to just...die with hardly a fight.
Pretty anti-climactic reunion of Kurome and Akame.
RIP Ran. Oh wait, nevermind.
Mein has somehow managed to stay alive for another chapter so good for her

Akito

Akame ga Kill
Three wild hunt members down in a single chapter, not bad. Ran's injuries didn't seem that severe but w/e.

Got my final manga purchase this month today, vertical's Cardfight!! Vanguard special edition with Blaster Blade! and a whole deck and playmats etc. Volume is pretty large too, though then I realized it had the playguide in it too :/ Now to find some other cfvanguard fans.

Devils and Realist too and the poster, one of the best series of 2013.

tumblr_n4tbudGpML1qbxqfpo1_1280.jpg

Akame ga Kill! 48

The gods have smiled upon us this day, for the clown was the first to go.

And now I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that Kurome will die before Wave.

scy

Akame ga KILL! 48 - RIP Wild Hunt. RIP and then unRIP Ran.

This went by super fast. We on a deadline of some kind?

Akito

Takkoku v1
Now that's just silly, two childhood friends reunited after ten years and even though they still mutually love each other, there's something that's preventing them from getting together. In order for Japan to become a ping pong power house, a law was created that states that if you want to go out with someone, all you have to do is to challenge him/her to a match of ping pong and win it. The problem is just that she is the best female player in Japan and he has never played a match before but he insists on being the one who confesses like he promised ten years ago. So we have an absurd romcom setting where the MCs are always lovey dovey and acting like they are going out already except they cannot touch each other and he's trying his best to become better and win against her someday. So yeah, it's kinda of refreshing and the gags are not bad at all if you don't mind really wacky stuffs.

Oh yeah, I remember reading that. It was pretty funny and I liked the characters.

I rather liked the rule breaking electrocuting bear or whatever it was.

Saenai Kanojo no Sodatekata - Egoistic-Lily 1-13

Fun so far, surprised at the sudden genre shift though. Started off seemingly a parody of something like comic market, but instead turned into a romance.

scy

Takkoku v1

Now that's just silly, two childhood friends reunited after ten years and even though they still mutually love each other, there's something that's preventing them from getting together. In order for Japan to become a ping pong power house, a law was created that states that if you want to go out with someone, all you have to do is to challenge him/her to a match of ping pong and win it. The problem is just that she is the best female player in Japan and he has never played a match before but he insists on being the one who confesses like he promised ten years ago. So we have an absurd romcom setting where the MCs are always lovey dovey and acting like they are going out already except they cannot touch each other and he's trying his best to become better and win against her someday. So yeah, it's kinda of refreshing and the gags are not bad at all if you don't mind really wacky stuffs.

"Really wacky" is putting it mildly.

It's entertaining, though. Super fun with the zero fucks it gives.

Nordicus

Soooo I just found out that Dowman Sayman made an erotic doujin of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance of all things. And it's good, not as weird as the stuff usually is, but it's damn good. He never seizes to surprise me with the stuff he references and adapts.
I'm getting increasingly annoyed that I can't just buy his stuff over here, since I don't think I've read a single chapter or one shot by him that I didn't enjoy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

Why is he not telling her about the idol friend, again?

Mortemis

Banned
I always imagine black hair in manga as black hair, gray/screentone hair as red or brown, and white hair as blonde. Anything that doesn't fit in with this like stupid blue or green or shit like that annoys me.

Seo's anime hair is no exception. The only time it's somewhat cool with me is if it's the main character and their actual hair color is shown in the opening color pages.

Quasar

I wonder, if I would have asked on the Anime thread... would everyone also say "manga" or are we biased?

I dunno. I've only seen the anime and really liked it. I imagine most AnimeGAF folks would be in that boat - either not seeing it at all or just seeing the anime and not the manga.

scy

Isn't Seo's hair shown in color early on? I remember going into the anime announcement knowing her hair color from volume covers.

Isn't Seo's hair shown in color early on? I remember going into the anime announcement knowing her hair color from volume covers.

It looks like her hair color was shown on the inside jacket of Vol.2.

That's the earliest random searching found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom