• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder, if I would have asked on the Anime thread... would everyone also say "manga" or are we biased?

Still, I have started a Junji Itou short stories collection and have a Matsumuto Tiayou on the queue, so it will have to wait a week.

kasane

I wonder, if I would have asked on the Anime thread... would everyone also say "manga" or are we biased?

Still, I have started a Junji Itou short stories collection and have a Matsumuto Tiayou on the queue, so it will have to wait a week.

not really

since anime has a budget most of the time stuff are cut from the source material

Nah, the anime adaptation literally skipped a kinda vital part of the manga in between going from the original cast to the Nidaiame series.

Hell, the anime pretty much expected you to already knew what happened by reading the manga.

dramatis

ibhZNTPqSguXbr.jpg

One left to go, might even be Boku Girl.
So many holes

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Mostly manga, because posters from ManGAF also post in anime thread, which mena you probably will get the same result.
And Genshiken anime not exactly the best adaptation...

_hekk05

Banned
Sidonia no Kishi 1-52

That was quite a ride. MC is such a player. 2 x alien girls, placenta-chan, homura sisters, vice commander, tsundere girl, and now robot girl.

fnzrey.jpg

_hekk05

Banned
iShoujo 10

It lives!! Also panties everywhere in the chapter.

Shuukan Shounen Girl 3

Awwww. Young love. Unlike me whose age = years without a girlfriend

Shouwaru Ookami ga Koi wo Shita Rashii 1

Incredibly shy protagonist thrown into a new school setting joins the student council disciplinary committee of sorts and is brought around various people including a kind hearted megane to hopefully learn to smile. I like Kousaka and his brother Hayato seems to have a few issues that could be a future plot later (bringing the girl home and doing it next door to him). Though at least all three characters seem to have some issue with them so much has to go on before true romance sparks so looking forward. Sakuraga Mei character designs are never bad.

Yandere Konojo
Well, there is the backstory, and well, I can't say I have any sympathy for the 'traditionally minded' family here. This is a nonsense reason to hate a child or try to shame him.

Hyakunen Kesshou Mokuroku 2-3

Continuing adventure of Bent the mineral enthusiast and researcher, and Iris, the kid who seems to be able to eat rocks and even sense them. Research suggest he may even have an organ specialized for this but that is just a hypothesis. Whatever clan he belonged too seems to have some terrible luck with being sold away it seems.

Looking more to if Iris can potentially get over it while still enjoying the sights and sound of the world that his sister let him be able to and if Bent can help him out.

Nordicus

should I read yandere kanojo?

I looked it up and it seems interesting.
Totally! The female lead is nice and energetic, tomboyish (obviously, since yankee) but goes complete fangirl over her boyfriend. The male lead is often cool and composed, but still kinda playful and relatable so he's calm rather than pure monotone. He has his moments of pervyness too but it's natural and he's 10 times more subtle about it than protags usually are.

The two have excellent chemistry (and so do the other characters) and they're surprisingly fleshed out, it'd be easy to write them very one-note and dull, but it isn't so. I think there is another very similar series with a "My girlfriend is a yankee" premise, but I heard that one's just playing the same joke over and over. There's some real character development in Yandere Kanojo
He really knows how to masterfully push her buttons too at times
y8xm0CN.jpg

Voices In The Dark

Am I kawaii?
SYq53y2.png

http://i.imgur.com/UqE3l0i.png

Ok, so we have a short collection of Itou horror stories. As always the quality varies, there are a few ones good, and another ones that are more in the mediocre side. In general, several had interesting ideas but the execution fails a bit, sometimes I feel because the limit of pages. His sweet spot isn't a long multi volume epic story, nor a 20 page one, but 1-3 volumes (like Uzumaki or Black Paradox).
That said from here The Earthbound was my favorite.

kasane

Voices In The Dark

Am I kawaii?
SYq53y2.png

http://i.imgur.com/UqE3l0i.png

Ok, so we have a short collection of Itou horror stories. As always the quality varies, there are a few ones good, and another ones that are more in the mediocre side. In general, several had interesting ideas but the execution fails a bit, sometimes I feel because the limit of pages. His sweet spot isn't a long multi volume epic story, nor a 20 page one, but 1-3 volumes (like Uzumaki or Black Paradox).
That said from here The Earthbound was my favorite.
I think i have seen worse. I'm not remotely scared as i thought i would be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom