• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Recommendations for Revo (aka the few stuff I'm reading that weren't on his list)

Saki
Prunus Girl
Taiyou no Ie
Trinity Seven
Yuri Mekuru Hibi
Peephole (Ana Satsujin)
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru

haha, I get it.
So that's how you guys are gonna be, sure. Fine. Hmph.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Binetsu Kuukan

Move over HidaSketch, we've got some male wideface in town.

AP1C1C4l.png

Revo

Recommendations for Revo (aka the few stuff I'm reading that weren't on his list)

Saki
Prunus Girl
Taiyou no Ie
Trinity Seven
Yuri Mekuru Hibi
Peephole (Ana Satsujin)
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru

Thanks for the recs! I'll be sure to look into them after I get through my current reads.

Last Inning rest of vol4+5

The parallels have been drawn and the first meaningful game has ended. Sad to see that Yashio couldn't get it but he's still growing so I'm sure he'll become great. Virgin Mary right handed ace sure is a creep.

Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata ~egoistic-lily~ 13

Oh damn it, I didn't realize that happened. :E

Great, this made this series slightly better.

Stulaw

Boku Wa Imouto Ni Koi Wo Suru 12-14
Iku forced Yori into a love hotel (while looking like a dog in heat), she got embarrassed about him seeing her naked, they ended up taking a bath together, and then finally, it happened. But there's probably going to be some sort of change in mood since judging by his thoughts afterwards.

Akame ga Kill 48

Just when you start to think the Jaegers aren't so bad, you're treated to a big fat "NOPE". Silly me for forgetting how screwed up Kurome has always been.

Hello, I'm Revo. I'm new here (to both neogaf and mangagaf). I stumbled on this place looking to discuss nisekoi some time ago, had to wait to get an official email, then waited for approval.

If anyone is interested, here is a list of the ongoing series I read as well as a list of the completed series I read.

I am also in the middle of I''s, Oyasumi PunPun, Kyou kara Ore wa!!, Tonari no Kashiwagi-san, Chihayafuru, 7 seeds, Last Inning, and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

I hope to post here quite a bit, so it is nice to meet you all.

Welcome.

The list is good but... it could be better!

Like, where is Akira? Nausicaa?
Add also Planetes, Ghost in the Shell, Mushishi, Witches, Eden, Blade of the Immortal, Please save my Earth, Freesia.

Well, these are my recommendations. Now get on with it!

The Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer END

2012-04-16_15471.png

I've had this particular manga on my backlog for a really long time. And now after finally finishing it I feel really stupid for not reading it way earlier. It starts out very slow but quickly develops a more fast pace and becomes more much character driven, starting with a typical Princess/Knight setup and shifting off of relying on that pretty quickly. This is a very simple story about a three-way battle for the planet, but more about growing up and becoming an adult, and has a surprising amount of depth and one of the strongest casts in a manga I've read to date.
The cast isn't very archetype heavy, and the manga does an excellent job of developing a huge cast of characters, all going into the backstories of each character and how they got there. The main character, Yuuhi, goes through the most development but plenty of others like the Owl Knight and the Mantis Knight also do as well. Even though Yuuhi and Asahina are the "main characters", it feels as if everyone else is just as important, if not moreso in some chapters. Even the main villain is pretty likeable.
If I were to pick favorites, It would have to be Mikazuki (Crow Knight), Hakudou (Snake Knight) or Nagumo (Horse Knight).
The art is serviceable, it's not great but it's not bad. One of the things I actually really like about this manga is how plain everyone looks. Everyone is wearing normal clothes (for the most part).
Honestly I put this off for a long time because the art wasn't so good and the concept wasn't so good. Also the name is kind of dumb. Well that was a mistake. I feel like you would have a pretty hard time trying to convince someone to read this without just telling them to "Just read it and see" which is hardly compelling.
So, just read it I guess.

Stulaw

Boku Wa Imouto Ni Koi Wo Suru 15-18
Looks like it's going to be the "not actually related" route. Yori's left for his out of prefecture high school after they graduated from middle school, it's now their birthday and someone's noticed that they weren't actually born on the same day.

Revo

Last Inning Vol 7

I hope the training camp works out. I didn't expect Hatogaya to blow up either. I'm also glad that Yashio managed to figure it out without being told. Seems to me that Hatogaya will be able to wrangle more support for his plans as long as it's to beat Virgin Mary. I'm quite enjoying this read.

Denpa Kyoushi 112

Woo, this arc ends next chapter. Really all to say about this series at this point.

xxxHoLic Rei 31

Time to wait till next chapter to find some resolution.

Welcome.

The list is good but... it could be better!

Like, where is Akira? Nausicaa?
Add also Planetes, Ghost in the Shell, Mushishi, Witches, Eden, Blade of the Immortal, Please save my Earth, Freesia.

Well, these are my recommendations. Now get on with it!

I'll be sure to look into all of those as well!

Lain

Shuukan Shounen Girl 03

A funny chapter about literally wearing your emotions on your sleeve and everywhere else but it had a cute ending to it.

I loved how the ending made me go look at the pages before it. Noticing it after the fact felt better than if I had noticed before it.

Solune

High Score Girl 9-10
I really loved the timeline in Chapter 10, and the transition from 9-10 was great. Curious how Oono will return.

What got me was the "Take over" of arcades with the MVS, really was like going back to the 90's.

Claymore 150
Looks like it will end in next chapter and an epilogue after... Still seems incomplete really wondering what Yagi has in store.

Akame Ga Kill 48
Even when you die you're not safe.

scy

Honestly I put this off for a long time because the art wasn't so good and the concept wasn't so good. Also the name is kind of dumb. Well that was a mistake. I feel like you would have a pretty hard time trying to convince someone to read this without just telling them to "Just read it and see" which is hardly compelling.

Pretty much. I remember having a tough time when I first read it due the name/base premise. And then about 10 chapters later it was all irrelevant as it's just really interesting. But it's hard to sell it short of just saying that it's really good :(

2012-04-16_15471.png

I've had this particular manga on my backlog for a really long time. And now after finally finishing it I feel really stupid for not reading it way earlier. It starts out very slow but quickly develops a more fast pace and becomes more much character driven, starting with a typical Princess/Knight setup and shifting off of relying on that pretty quickly. This is a very simple story about a three-way battle for the planet, but more about growing up and becoming an adult, and has a surprising amount of depth and one of the strongest casts in a manga I've read to date.
Fantastic. I'm glad you kept going through the rough start, and that you enjoyed it. Definitely an amazing series.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Claymore 150
Looks like it will end in next chapter and an epilogue after... Still seems incomplete really wondering what Yagi has in store.

I dunno, two chapters feels like an appropriate wrap up. It's always been a fairly personal story despite the expansive back story about the warriors and demons. It's been Clair desperately chasing the image of Theresa the whole time, with a bit of a revenge story thrown in. Depending on the pacing of the next two chapters, especially the epilogue, it could easily have a nice ending.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

2012-04-16_15471.png

The cast isn't very archetype heavy, and the manga does an excellent job of developing a huge cast of characters, all going into the backstories of each character and how they got there. The main character, Yuuhi, goes through the most development but plenty of others like the Owl Knight and the Mantis Knight also do as well. Even though Yuuhi and Asahina are the "main characters", it feels as if everyone else is just as important, if not moreso in some chapters. Even the main villain is pretty likeable.
If I were to pick favorites, It would have to be Mikazuki (Crow Knight), Hakudou (Snake Knight) or Nagumo (Horse Knight).
The art is serviceable, it's not great but it's not bad. One of the things I actually really like about this manga is how plain everyone looks. Everyone is wearing normal clothes (for the most part).

Yes, the more people reading lucifer and biscuit hammer, the more happy i am.
Truly a great series that deserve to be known. If only the anime was made, more people will read it (curse you record company!)

Cool fat character i could think of
MC from Rabuta is cool

2012-04-16_15471.png

sengoku youko should be next on your list.

I'm late to the TWGOK party but what the hell was that crap? The manga was perfect till chapter 105 after which the Goddess arc destroyed everything good about it. The stupid plot contrivances, the slow than a snail pacing, the retarded time travel arc.... did the author stop caring about his book or what?

As for the ending... the author hinted heavily at it long time back (
the guitar pick crap, liking Katsuragi before the conquest, shoehorning Chihiro into places where it didn't make any sense)
). Even then it felt like some sort of wish fulfillment by the author.

Ideal ending would have been
Katsuragi still moving to a new country, still playing games but leaving them eventually after meeting a new girl.

Not just TWGOK, a lot of manga ending recently have had rubbish endings. What's going on here?

wonzo

Banned
Nejimaki Kagyu 18-19

Never before has a fight over love been so… FUCKING AWESOME!!!

Boku Girl 14

It'd kinda own if Loki turned Takeru into a girl for a while but it'll probably be Fujiwara into a boy before that happens.

Prison School 109

death by boner. rip meiko

mjontrix

I bow to your superior taste

Nisekoi: Marika>Chitoge>>>Tsugumi>>>>Haru>>>>Newest Girl. Ruri is for Shu and Onodera doesn't even come close to making the list. Marika and Chitoge switch around a bit, but Marika anime appearance<3

Soma: Alice>>Erina>>>Tadokoro>>Meat Girl>Childhood friend

TWGOK: Probably Haqua. I never really got the waifu vibe from TWGOK. But definitely not Tenri.

Tsugumi not number 1...

fb0.jpg

Will you survive the Game of Waifus?

Vito

Banned
Sidonia so good... Amazon compression so bad. (edit: on second thought I reupload the image since it's a placeholder and might disappear)

I guess I'll have to catch up, both reading and buying Vertical's release.

_hekk05

Banned
Now we need to rank monogatari waifus

shinobu>hanekawa (timeskip)>hanekawa (black)>tsukihi>mayoi (timeskip)>senjougahara>hanekawa>karen>nadeko>mayoi>kanbaru

Oh god this is way too hard

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

shinobu>hanekawa (timeskip)>hanekawa (black)>tsukihi>mayoi (timeskip)>senjougahara>hanekawa>karen>nadeko>mayoi>kanbaru

Man, I've only watched the 1st season and it seems like the waifu list has grown quite a bit.

Soul Cartel 117 - 120

Shi-hoon managed to avoid the typical writing issue in some series of making the characters lose the use of an ability after unleashing it in a major fight, and for that Im glad.

School chapter was pretty hilarious even if it felt like a non plot related event. The next arc looks pretty great.

Akito

Gahara-san >>>>>
Shinobu > Hanekawa > Kanbaru > Mayoi > Tsukihi > Karen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nadeko

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Seriously, you people not reading kisswood makes me sad.

A manhwa that I can safely say that is better than 99% of the mangas out there (not that it's an amazing feat considering how much shit there is out there. :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom