• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Takumi has had the most development of the bunch and is like of perfect design for him. I guess theres also Isami but that season change in character design and being under the shadow of Takumi has huge implications.

I dont know how people cant remember character names, they even have memorable names to help make it easy, like Shun, the Prince of Smoke, for example.

Best three would still be Takumi, Soma, Kurokiba but sometimes Isshiki senpai. Hayama a bit too mature, and Marui too encyclopedic and megane characters are better being edgier and of questionable character.

Takumi has practically no development beyond wanting a rival and being from Italy. He also has like three or four chapters of even interacting in any significant degree with Soma.

Noragami 36-37

Bishamon was awesome damn. That armor though.

How the hell Hiyori figured Yato true name? I get its something due to the kanji on the shrine she made.

And dat Father identity reveal. So thats why Hiyori was starting to forget Yato.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why is there a guy named "Ryou Kurokiba" working at a random port town in Denmark anyways.

Revo

Last Inning vol16- ch188

Glad to find an enjoyable match here, but using Yuumeikan to be a jobber hurts. I've never enjoyed the aspect of 'use questionable guy's history to get money', and I still don't enjoy it here. It mostly seems like a way to get more use out of the 3 characters who are tasked to deal with it

Last Inning Ch1-Ch188

Just from looking at the description, I expected One Outs: High School edition. But so far, I think it's been off quite a bit. Last Inning takes Hatogaya's expertise and mostly uses it outside of the matches, in either using it to train his team or to avoid outside influence while One Outs uses it during the games and eventually outside them.

In general, I haven't really enjoyed the matches by themselves. All but 2 never had any tension and were more used to show how the team was slowly changing into a team that could go to koshien. I have enjoyed the characters, however, so the matches were fine.

The side characters are enjoyable as well, although their current task is one that I generally don't like as I mentioned above. A large part of this series is coach ideology, and they've had enough coaches with different enough mindsets to keep things interesting on that front. They step into politics a lot as well, and so far while I haven't found it all that interesting or enjoyable, it hasn't detracted from the series too much.

Overall, this has been an enjoyable series so far. I look forward to continuing to read this.

Nordicus

Nyan Nyan Oratorio one-shot

Ya know, I did not expect a story with nyan nyan in the title to have such a sad mood
h2lohwY.jpg

Shokugeki no Soma 17

My favorite thing about foreigners in manga is that they like to use a random foreign word every sentence, just like real foreigners

Akito

Takkoku v2-4
Did I mention that this is like the definition of wacky. The matches were getting a little repetitive though so I'm glad about the new development, if only there were more chapters translated.

Takkoku v2-4
Did I mention that this is like the definition of wacky. The matches were getting a little repetitive though so I'm glad about the new development, if only there were more chapters translated.

Man, this just reminded me that translations are dead for this. Makes me despair since I did like this.

Biorg Trinity 7

The new teacher is pretty hilarious and the girl, Bellwood with him too. They were just what we needed to add some comedy to the plot, as well as to actually explain more of the world and background. The story continues to be clearer while still introducing lots more elements.
Hosa and Fuuji combi is my favorite aspect and allowing him to still communicate via phone and surface when transformed should make Fuuji good in eventual fights. I wouldnt mind if they stay permanently linked but theyll probably solve the issue of that medicine bringing him back to the state he was absorbed.

Azure J

Soma 68

I really want to see Tadakoro pull it off, but Dark Soma is clearly taking this. In a blowout. Also Alice is sleeper tier best character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom