• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
This hasn't actually been going on long. It started about 20 chapters ago. I don't expect much since its a shonen tournament arc.

and it looks like he's gonna fucking fight a bunch of "strong" people arcade mode style.

which if so is already bumming me out since i don't see him losing, especially since the final boss is some low ranking elite ten prick who is trying to shit on him .

There other women that new to the series but none them as extreme as Kaori .
I think the series better off for it since it has a more mature feeling than CH.

While that is true i am glad he tone it down in AH.

need to update myself on it since its been awhile

Cerity

Dragons Rioting 18
uLmiRsp.png

They knew exactly what they were doing here

_hekk05

Banned
Shuukan Shounen Girl 05

How to become intimate with the guy you like:

1. Dissolve him in the pool
2. Swim in the pool

Wut?

_hekk05

Banned
The Road to Adult Manga

So lewd.

I remember when I jumped the gun on iShoujo. At least I'll get my heartwarming smut every week.

upandaway

Takkoku v2-4
Did I mention that this is like the definition of wacky. The matches were getting a little repetitive though so I'm glad about the new development, if only there were more chapters translated.
It's really fun huh!

We're approaching 1000 days since the last chapter was scanlated, and before then, there was 2 years between ch13's and ch28's release where they trickled really slowly, so about what, 4-5 years now? Anagle Mole is in limbo too. Fukuchi's manga just can't catch a break :(

Akito

Sumikko no Sora-san 1-3
This follows the story of a young man who has returned to his family's home in the country after failing to make his dreams come true. He thinks his way through his predicament with the company of his pet turtle, Plato. More complications arise in the form of a neighborhood little girl Sora, who has, for some reason, decided that he is God.
Was waiting for this one for a while, it's a Yotsuba-ish story only this time with plenty of philosophy. Seeing a first-grader (unknowingly) discussing different philosophical concepts with a turtle named Plato is all kind of weird and awesome.

Sumikko no Sora-san 1-3

Was waiting for this one for a while, it's a Yotsuba-ish story only this time with plenty of philosophy. Seeing a first-grader (unknowingly) discussing different philosophical concepts with a turtle named Plato is all kind of weird and awesome.

Oh, not sure why I skipped over this. I guess I read that summary wrong.

Fine, another thing for me to read someday. *grumble*

Mortemis

Banned
This hasn't actually been going on long. It started about 20 chapters ago. I don't expect much since its a shonen tournament arc.

Yeah I know, I've been perfectly fine for a while now, but out of nowhere I've suddenly become impatient.

Maybe if Megumi pulls the upset I'll be more into it. Now that'd be interesting.
Why weren't the big 3 posted this week?

It's golden week in japan, and the magazine doesn't come out that week so nothing from Jump.

Akito

Mangaf and Animegaf threads are like the fastest moving threads on GAF. It's impossible to keep up. ;_;
I guess you don't follow any of the sports threads. And the difference between Mangaf and Animegaf is already huge to begin with.

Mortemis

Banned
The Breaker new waves

Blah blah blah, still useless talking. Hurry it up with the action. At least we got a good Sera and Jinie cover.

kasane

The Breaker new waves

Blah blah blah, still useless talking. Hurry it up with the action. At least we got a good Sera and Jinie cover.
Expecting action at this point is stupid. The last good fight was more than 50 chapters ago, im sure thats an exageration but boy does it sure feel that way

Nordicus

Kuzu no Honkai 1-7

It's an interesting story about emotions coming into an intended physical relationship between 2 high schoolers.

Mugi and Hanabi are in a relationship, but both of them are actually in love with other people and this relationship that they have is just them soothing each others' loneliness. Hanabi is in love with her homeroom teacher (family friend and Mugi loves the music teacher (his former tutor). The homeroom teacher is also in love with the music teacher, so this is a complete love square.

The relationship between Mugi and Hanabi is rather interesting. They aren't quite sex friends though you can definitely argue that. They hang out like boyfriend and girlfriend naturally would, but both imagine their crush in their mind whenever they're kissing or petting, and they're honest about it with each other. They are 2 people just licking each other's wounds, almost literally.

The story is told largely from Hanabi's perspective and she's slowly wondering whether she's actually falling in love with Mugi, despite them making a deal that this relationship would be loveless. She recognizes how Mugi always knows how to treat her and she's wondering if she's able to let go of this intimacy if her love for her homeroom teacher actually manages to bear fruit. She even shows some almost violent jealousy when another girl starts clinging on to Mugi.

I wish there were more chapters translated, because at the end of chapter 7 we're teased an explanation to why Mugi is so certain about never wanting to go further than petting in their physical relationship. He's always the one stopping them from going any further even if he's the far more aggressive one.

There's this really lovely bittersweetness to this romance and I enjoy following its development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom