• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charade

Hey~! I'll let you know then. Really I'm just hoping for some who can write better English than me to localize some of the literal meanings (and maybe spot some grammar mistakes) because that's the thing I have the most problems with. My catch-all solution is currently to just slim down descriptions which seems like a bad attitude to have.

to begin with I learned English using Japanese-translated English of anime and manga, so my brain is pretty much hard-wired to not include this function

Cool, sounds good then! I wouldn't say I'm a master at English, but I did take a writing course once!
And I also remember some others wanting to copyedit in the last thread (probably with better credentials than me), so the more the merrier if they want to help out too!

LeleSocho

Banned
BEotkM1.gif

upandaway

Ana Satsujin 18-22

Fucking hell, no one is safe from this chick. The female cop is going to bite it as well.
Well the manga needs some kind of adversity right now so I doubt she'll drop any time soon.

But, well, I guess I agree in the long term. Please don't show her chair form though, that's too much for me man. That's too much for me.

Revo

Baby Steps 212

I think I'd be perfectly fine with E-chan either winning the whole event or impressing his family enough to continue on regardless of the result.

Zai x 10 18

From a certain point of view, it was pretty amusing.

Ana Satsujin 22

Perfect deduction.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Now, I haven't read it, but since Baby Steps is still running (around chapter 300 now), I'm pretty sure he doesn't end up quitting.

Cerity

Baby Steps 212

Shame we didn't get to see more natsu, always is the case with these sports series. I'm guessing Maruo will probably lose.

The Childrens Teacher, Mr Kwon. 42

Well the secret is out, and funny how everything loops back around.

Kyou No Kerberos 0-1
Seems pretty generic but looks like a fun series. Cerberus comes to the material plane to guard the main character, everytime someone rubs her tail she changes personality or "head".

Akito

Hey whats going on in here.

Souls hype on gaming side got me
Some terrible game with Miis or so was mentioned, I don't even know
:p
DoLL 1-12
Silly me though this already got completely translated but we're still short a couple of chapters and the last release was over a year ago :(
A young female art student goes visit her old prof in the countryside and accidentally discovers that he's living with not one, not two but three real dolls. And that's just the beginning of the awkwardness because the visit kinda gets extended and the two get to know each other better than they've probably ever wanted to. I really like the at times crude but very honest and hilarious dialogues.
The last 2 chapters were released today and the ending seemed quite anticlimactic at first but it probably isn't a terrible fit for such a series.

Lain

There have been some manga licenses announcements here in Italy, from one of the bigger publishers, so that means we'll actually see them out sooner rather than later (many of them starting this year):

Maoyuu Maoyuusha
Hibi Chocho
Gokusai
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Shikabane Hime
Valmont
Dragon Head
Yuki ni Tsubasa
Crayon Days
Akai Ito
Soil
Shimauma
Soul Eater Not!
Basara Bloody Angel
Mikoshiba Gakuto
Kakugo no Susume

Brynhildr and Shikabane Hime make me pretty happy, though also Maoyuu and other titles.
Needless to say that I'm gonna buy almost all of that stuff.

survivor

Banned
There have been some manga licenses announcements here in Italy, from one of the bigger publishers, so that means we'll actually see them out sooner rather than later (many of them starting this year):

Maoyuu Maoyuusha
Hibi Chocho
Gokusai
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Shikabane Hime
Valmont
Dragon Head
Yuki ni Tsubasa
Crayon Days
Akai Ito
Soil
Shimauma
Soul Eater Not!
Basara Bloody Angel
Mikoshiba Gakuto
Kakugo no Susume

Brynhildr and Shikabane Hime make me pretty happy, though also Maoyuu and other titles.
Needless to say that I'm gonna buy almost all of that stuff.
Soil is a pretty good manga based on what I read from it, shame translations are pretty much dead at this point.

Also fuck Hibi Chocho

Korosenai

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...l-creator-reveals-android-no-17-and-18s-names

What's really grabbed the attention of Japanese fans is that he's revealed the names of Androids No. 17 and 18.

No. 17 is Lapis and No. 18 is Lazuli.

Dat GT retcon

Toriyama also revealed that after the Cell arc No. 17 becomes a park ranger at a nature preserve. He's well suited to the work and shows no mercy to poachers! In this happy ending, he's well paid and married to a zoologist with two adopted children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom