• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaman King Flowers 23
tumblr_n5278qUXE01qbxqfpo1_500.png

Another Jump X and another Shaman King Flowers cover and colour pages, if only the chapter wasn't one of the shorter ones around. I wish I had the artbook.

scy

Dead Pilot seems less interesting than Amidamaru, though I'm probably a few chapters behind on Shaman King.

Aizo

Banned
I wear collared button up shirts, band tees, jeans, and leather jackets with studs. I also wear crazy shoes.

I thought I was posting this after Kurita. Looks very random, now...

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I exclusively wear sweatshirts and/or t-shirts that are either striped, checkered, or have a print or logo on them. Pants are pretty much just jeans or shorts (not jean shorts though, heaven forbid). I am not fashionable in the least, unfortunately.

Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! 18
y3qeIXX.png

dense protagonists are great, amirite

Tsuru Tsuru to Zara Zara no Aida 01

A boy and a girl gets all adorable over reptiles and amphibians.

It's adorable and I'm liking it. Though I am already worried about when and how badly this lie will bite back at him in the future. :|

Charade

Black turtlenecks are the way to go.

It's adorable and I'm liking it. Though I am already worried about when and how badly this lie will bite back at him in the future. :|

Was this a snake joke? :D
I don't think it'll be too bad, but you never know. Maybe she'll slowly teach him how to love the reptiles or something.

Was this a snake joke? :D
I don't think it'll be too bad, but you never know. Maybe she'll slowly teach him how to love the reptiles or something.

Hopefully it'll be something like but you really loved them the whole time!

I just don't want something overdrawn and DRAMA heavy.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
^I think it's Yoh and Anna's kid.

Dekiai Robot 0
uh what

girl wants to confess to senpai -> dad builds a robot to stop her -> she falls for the robot -> senpai has a girlfriend -> robot and her live happily ever after?

even with such a weird plot, it was still super cliched how the hell do you manage that

^I think it's Yoh and Anna's kid.

Dekiai Robot 0
uh what

girl wants to confess to senpai -> dad builds a robot to stop her -> she falls for the robot -> senpai has a girlfriend -> robot and her live happily ever after?

even with such a weird plot, it was still super cliched how the hell do you manage that

well does the dad have a happy ending?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
well does the dad have a happy ending?
Dad doesn't want any riffraff laying their hands on his daughter -> builds a bodyguard -> realizes he inadvertently built her a boyfriend when said robot kisses her

I'd say no, unless he succeeds at dismantling the robot like he intended to at the end of the chapter

I don't follow Shaman King, what's the name of the character on the cover? That thing behind him his guardian ghost?

That's Hana (Yoh and Anna's son) and that's not his guardian ghost, at least at where I am on the manga. His guardian ghost is Amidaru (yup).

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, you guys know that Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun April Fools joke video? There was actually a site for it (I think it's down now), and they had "reviews" for it:

84ab673d269759ee93129763b0fb43166c22dfae.jpg

M-koshiba: Complained that the cast setup was too weak, how the difference between the facade vs. their true natures were basically weaksauce. Hard to sympathize with heroine because she was emotionally too flighty. And during Okada (the glasses character)'s date scene, he kept saying, "I'm nervous, this is the first time I called you to my house..." and that was SO annoying! "I went to your house 20 times! Keep track of your flags, damn it!"

I linked it in last thread I think. Well, here it is again. There may or may not be more reviews on the scanlator's blog, e.g.:

There was also an Oresama Teacher fighting game but the link to it doesn't work anymore :(

Oh yeah, I saw the video after being aware of its existence.
That raccoon ending~

Poor Hori.

Also:
Now, for translations: Under Character Introduction, they understand you. If you don't have your guy type right there, you've got no drive to fall in love. But never fear! Secret Days♡ features around the same number of living men in-game—that's right, 3.6 billion! The ones on-site are main characters.

/dead

I don't follow Shaman King, what's the name of the character on the cover? That thing behind him his guardian ghost?

Unless I read this chapter wrong, the one in the back was just introduced this chapter and has some implication in this arcs climax as it relates to a dead zero killer plane in this alternate world.

Aizo

Banned
H: "Like I thought, Kashima is more ikemen than these guys."
I'm guessing this isn't your translation, but it is kind of awkward. I never understood these weird translations that keep some words in Japanese—especially when it isn't even grammatically correct. It should just say handsome or "more of a handsome guy..."

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I'm guessing this isn't your translation, but it is kind of awkward. I never understood these weird translations that keep some words in Japanese—especially when it isn't even grammatically correct. It should just say handsome or "more of a handsome guy..."
Yeah not my translation. I guess it's because the translator assumes that the audience is familiar with what an ikemen is and what tropes are assocated with or expected of the type...

Also is there any reason ikemen is in katakana?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Honey 6 spoilers
ahhh
kissing her while she sleeps is adorable, but it's mad creepy when you're not even dating her dude
ahhhhh

Room Share 11 + extra (end)

Overall a fun slice of life series about roommates in love, probably the best one of the type of bl since it was so lengthy and varied in their day to day activities. Sharing the clothes and its implications to close it out made a funny chapter ending chapter.

Kurita

Superior google skills
Okay... IKEMEN comes from the words 'iketeru men' (イケてる面)and the word 'men',(plural of man) (メン)...Together they mean iketeru men, or iketeru otoko...men having the iketeru side (イケてる面)....it is a slang, for guys that looks 'kakkoii', guys that look handsome....but not the cute boyish ,boyband type look.

if explained in japanese, we can simply say....イケてる面を持ってる男。Guys that look good. Guys that have the iketeru side.

For the meaning of iketeru....I dont know how to tell u, but it has a positive meaning, as in 'good', 'can be used', 'very nice'...its opposite word, iketenai means 'not good for usage' ,'not good or proper', 'not nice'.

Hope this helps.
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070126020505AAmVSLN

Tonari no Nanige-san 01

Nanige-san is the girl who appears and solves people problems. Regardless of how impossible or how small they might be.

4-koma style and it was pretty amusing. It's funny how she has all these solutions for things and the near borderline superpowered way she gets things done.

kasane

Its funny that jump cancelled shamn king and held its original ending hostage then they are suddenly serializing a sequel

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
One of the best comedy manga of the past few years.

hmmm, ill see about that in a while.

Love in Hell volume 3 [END]

Let's start by saying that I found this short series quite good. Great even.
It manages to stay funny throughout, pull out a cool end and still put in some dark sides to the story (little girl in volume 2, the truth about our dear MC's sin in volume 3) which manage to work quite well with the way the whole story is told.
Talking about the end, it was pretty cool to see Rintaro's action AND what his actions and choices landed him into. Someone might say the end was too good, but me? I think it fits perfectly.
Talking about the art instead, cute and nice looking I think are pretty apt words for it. Koyori is the cutest demon around (and seeing her with her off-duty clothes or that "trust me" face was hnnnnng to the max) and Rintaro manages to show some awesome facial expression changes (he's such a warped fellow, in some ways).

I wish there were other works of this author, because I want more of it.
I also recommend everyone in here give it a chance, as it got a bit of everything (yes, also sex
though not what you'd expect?
) and I found it both a funny and interesting read.

it was a really odd read but it was a fun one nonetheless. really recommend this if you got a night to kill.

Monster x Monster
A manga that's about to be serialized about monster hunting. The MC seems to be a unique one.

hmmmm, is this the new manga that we are all going to clamor about that isnt about waifus and foodgasms?

I exclusively wear sweatshirts and/or t-shirts that are either striped, checkered, or have a print or logo on them. Pants are pretty much just jeans or shorts (not jean shorts though, heaven forbid). I am not fashionable in the least, unfortunately.

Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! 18
y3qeIXX.png

dense protagonists are great, amirite

why are we talking about clothes?

i wear pretty damn professional/casual clothes, ties all day and buttoned shirts with slim fit pants/jeans

Gotta pick this manga back up again,
this is the one where the MC constantly draws 2-D waifus correct?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
i wear pretty damn professional/casual clothes, ties all day and buttoned shirts with slim fit pants/jeans

Gotta pick this manga back up again,
this is the one where the MC constantly draws 2-D waifus correct?
yup, that's exactly it

also is that just because you work a lot, or is it a personal choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom