• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

v5N1okb.jpg
ZYRfQk2.jpg
Name: Mikarin
Height: 170cm
Reach: 173cm
Weight: 68kg
Hobbies: Eren
Special Skill: Slicing meat
Strong Point: Following through with what I've decided☆
Weak Point: Slicing up people I don't like without warning
I'm actually a scatterbrain!☆
Attached to: Recon Corps Idol Unit

This is why you should never put your assumption or hopes on a title. Just because a character's name is on the title doesn't mean he/she will always have plot armor and not die. And in Fuuka's case the title's name didn't protect her from death, but was meant for other things.

But still ahahahahahaha, I'm sorry forgive me this is just hilarious. I just can't contain my laughter. So many tears.

B.O.O.M

To be fair, her motif from chapter one was feathers, like angel feathers. We just didn't read into it that way. And there were a few things said that were in retrospect death flags, like, "I felt I just had to kiss you now." Because she wasn't going to get another chance...stuff like that you brush aside because Fuuka can't die in Fuuka.

Also I'd argue she didn't die quickly because Seo, being Seo, wanted to make you care about her before offing her. Mission accomplished. The feathers and wings imagery just make it obvious she was always doomed. This was always the plan.

I think you're giving the author way way too much credit

he probably just used the feathers to do the usual cliche 'feathers = soaring in the sky' angle..like the girl from HSD Kenichi

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm actually curious if people would still be laughing if the entire plot of Fuuka was the same but under another author's name.

Edit: Honestly though, I'm finding Fuuka better than Suzuka and most of KNIM at least.

VRMN

I think you're giving the author way way too much credit

he probably just used the feathers to do the usual cliche 'feathers = soaring in the sky' angle..like the girl from HSD Kenichi
Considering he offed her, I can only assume he meant it both ways. This screams "planned" to me at this point with that stuff. You don't usually start something without having an idea how it ends even if the middle is fuzzy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
fuckin finally @ Soma

Considering he offed her, I can only assume he meant it both ways. This screams "planned" to me at this point with that stuff. You don't usually start something without having an idea how it ends even if the middle is fuzzy.

I mean, I'm sure this was the plan from the beginning. That doesn't make it not fucking pants on head stupid.

Rhapsody

Banned
fuckin finally @ Soma

I mean, I'm sure this was the plan from the beginning. That doesn't make it not fucking pants on head stupid.

I think I would've been fine with it if it wasn't Akitsuki's and Suzuka's daughter. That's the part that I hate the most.

Oh well, I saved a few more Soma chapters for this day to help ease this pain.

Rhapsody

Banned
Yep. Tama is going to be the shitty childhood friend that could. Goddammit.

I think she'll still lose. lol

I wonder what the age difference between Fuuka and her sister is. Watch she ends up being the end girl since they've been hiding her.

Just discovered this thread, Hello!

Fuuka

Wow speechless......you would've thought she would of survived because of the main title but nope. Guess I'll continue to read it because I like his work but it won't be the same =[

I just can't help but feel he let me down this time.

I read 200+ chapters of KNIM to the end and have only a few chapters of Suzuka left. i read his oneshots and a lot of Princess Lucia, up to date with Half & Half etc... I put up with all the shit and drama the whole way through.

But this was to much. He went about it the wrong way. This wasn't a good troll, it was a really bad one. I expected better of him.

Oh well. That's the end of that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Maybe he's going full-on Brynhildr in the Darkness and she'll just show up again.

I think she'll still lose. lol

I wonder what the age difference between Fuuka and her sister is. Watch she ends up being the end girl since they've been hiding her.

If I had to guess - there's a timeskip and the sister ends up being the new singer of the band. They've already described her as being a lot more difficult than Fuuka, which Seo likes in his women.

dramatis

Just discovered this thread, Hello!

Fuuka

Wow speechless......you would've thought she would of survived because of the main title but nope. Guess I'll continue to read it because I like his work but it won't be the same =[
You found this thread for Fuuka, of all things?!

Angry Grimace

Maybe I'm just crazy, but Crunchyroll Manga seems a lot less shitty than WSJ's online version. Like seriously? You have to pay for back issues? Dafuq?

Angry Grimace

I'm sure I'll keep reading it but its just kind of depressing, which I'm sure was the intent.

Hi! Enjoy your stay~
Which series are you currently reading?

Thanks!

So The big three shonen jump, Toriko, fairy tail, shougeki no souma, used to read nisekoi but stopped, Magi(stopped during the academy war), koe no kitachi, bunch of random comedies

Just picked up trinity seven recently

dani_dc

Fuuka 37

Oh man, everyone last week thinking she would survive.
Heck, everyone thinking she would be the winning girl (myself included) cause she was the title character.
I love how he went from "main girl has plot armor and will win at the end" (which was something I disliked in his works) to the complete opposite.

All the breakdowns here and in other places. So much fun times.

If nothing else, this is the proof that Seo is plainly aware of what he does, with the type of background he has, you don't just accidentally make the character you're going to kill likeable.

Surprised by the lack of Yamato/Suzuka, but I guess we'll get a special chapter at some point to deal with their POV.

Angry Grimace

But you still have to pay to read some of CR manga series too, like early chapters of Shingeki and Fairy Tail arent there.

I think that's just because they don't have the licensing for them. I don't think you can even buy them on CR; it just gives you a link to a physical copy you can buy.

Naruto
I hope they all out in the anime for this, this is the most emotional and immersive five several chapters in manga Ive read in the genre. Sasuke saying the magic words Ive wanted to hear for so long so well and clearly, please reach Naruto and inspire him.

Zweizer

Banned
Thanks!

So The big three shonen jump, Toriko, fairy tail, shougeki no souma, used to read nisekoi but stopped, Magi(stopped during the academy war), koe no kitachi, bunch of random comedies

Just picked up trinity seven recently

Pretty decent list. Well, if you want to discuss the development of these series, or are looking for recommendations of any kind, you know where to go now. 〜( ̄∇ ̄〜)

Angry Grimace

I mean, "Food Wars?" Fucken' ugh. I wonder if the people doing the scans are going to bother continuing since they're slower than the normal release.

Also, is this going to be like censored or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom