• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
We can only hope it means Sara wins rather than dumb Tama.

Ahahahaha I knew shit was gonna go down in Fuuka, especially when earlier chapters were heading too smoothly.

So many people are in denial, this is so amazing. Ahahahahahahahahaha :)

Trust me, i knew this was coming one way or another. Funny thing is I finished reading Suzuka before this happened.
But holy fuck, i did not expect him to pull a truck killed the X in the most trope-y way possible, i mean come on. COME ON.

jman2050

I almost want to start reading Fuuka now so Seo is obviously on to something!

And the GAF group reading of Suzuka ends this week too hahahahahahahahahaha Phillip couldn't have arranged a more beautiful troll if he had actually tried.

Shengar

Fuuka

Here's the thing that's fuckin' crazy: Seo intentionally wrote a likable character (as opposed to his normal characters) for the sole purpose of killing her. In a manga named after her. Fucking Seo.

(Costigan-kun post if you're okay)
Pretty much this
I don't read Fuuka but this is really interesting
I mean, how and where Seo would take this manga to? How crazy this ride will take the reader's emotion? What kind of tricks that Seo would pull in order to mindfuck his reader?
No wonder Costi worship this man as much as FridayGaf worship Goda.

Pretty much this
I mean, how and where Seo would take this manga to? How crazy this ride will take the reader's emotion? What kind of tricks that Seo would pull in order to mindfuck his reader?

after reading suzuka, i believe.
I BELIEVE SEO WILL TAKE US TO NEW HEIGHTS. A THREE WAY LOVE, FORBIDDEN SEX WITH THE SISTER AND MANY MANY MORE.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
after reading suzuka, i believe.
I BELIEVE SEO WILL TAKE US TO NEW HEIGHTS. A THREE WAY LOVE, FORBIDDEN SEX WITH THE SISTER AND MANY MANY MORE.

I mean, fuck it. He killed Fuuka in Fuuka, so fuck it, why not have Yuu bang Fuuka's sister.

dramatis

Pretty much this
If this were a Chinese drama, I can already tell you that years down the line a girl who looks exactly like Fuuka will show up and she might even share the name Fuuka. You guys are just going to get wrecked.

If this were a Chinese drama, I can already tell you that years down the line a girl who looks exactly like Fuuka will show up and she might even share the name Fuuka. You guys are just going to get wrecked.

dude chinese drama? That's 50 plus episodes only, not even enough.
Taiwanese drama? 500 or more. That is enough drama including 60 plus episode coma, 100 plus episode on a family problem and other Seo kind of shit.

scy

I've read Cross Game.

dude chinese drama? That's 50 plus episodes only, not even enough.
Taiwanese drama? 500 or more. That is enough drama including 60 plus episode coma, 100 plus episode on a family problem and other Seo kind of shit.

So much drama.

kasane

I exactly know whats gonna happen

fuukas death will bring out the musical genius in him then he will become a rockstar or some shit then date tama for a while cause fucking reasons and hes gonna see someone exactly like fuuka making him unstable so he cant write songs anymore or something. Then he goes insane and this fake fuuka will save him. The twist was fuuka was only dead in hia mind cause fuuka rejected him and was in aj asylum all along. /s

B.O.O.M

Fuuka? More like Fuk u amiright?

She was the best character in the whole story :S This is just messed up

Fairytail

well can't say I saw that coming

Angry Grimace

He could have at the very least named the manga something fucking else other than dead-best-girl.

It's Seo. Bad writing trolling is what he does.

this is different to his usual shit.

Like usually he'll do something to cause drama between the couple and we'll rage for a few chapters and then they'll get back together and the cycle repeats.

If he hadn't killed her and we got the whole coma drama, meet the parents etc. etc. it would have been fine. It would have been his typical masterful trolling.

I don't consider killing off the best thing in your manga a good way of trolling. It just makes me want to drop it.

VRMN

He could have at the very least named the manga something fucking else other than dead-best-girl.
Remember last week when I posited that Fuuka wasn't the title character and it's actually named after something like Yuu's future daughter?

Yeah. That or it's about the band, I dunno. Seo's trolling here is off the goddamn charts. Title characters ALWAYS have plot shields. Not this time. I'm amazed.

B.O.O.M

My issue is that this doesn't feel that it's suitable for the tone of this story/manga at all. It just feels weird and abrupt. Maybe it's due to poor writing. This is the kind of shit I expect from Shingeki No Kyojin

Wonder if Mikasa can sing lol

Angry Grimace

My issue is that this doesn't feel that it's suitable for the tone of this story/manga at all. It just feels weird and abrupt. Maybe it's due to poor writing. This is the kind of shit I expect from Shingeki No Kyojin

It kind of is. There wasn't any kind of indication that its a manga about a dead girl. Because you normally try to temper your reader's expectations by making them die a lot faster, e.g. Cross Game.

Basically, I'm in despair! The fact that Seo killed Fuuka has put me in despair!

Akito

kT0jfgA.jpg

VRMN

To be fair, her motif from chapter one was feathers, like angel feathers. We just didn't read into it that way. And there were a few things said that were in retrospect death flags, like, "I felt I just had to kiss you now." Because she wasn't going to get another chance...stuff like that you brush aside because Fuuka can't die in Fuuka.

Also I'd argue she didn't die quickly because Seo, being Seo, wanted to make you care about her before offing her. Mission accomplished. The feathers and wings imagery just make it obvious she was always doomed. This was always the plan.

kasane

This is the birth of thr musical genius and his adventures and sorrow

I havent even read the chapter yet but its clear as day where this is going

I actually laughed again when i woke up since i rushed to this thread

Angry Grimace

To be fair, her motif from chapter one was feathers, like angel feathers. We just didn't read into it that way. And there were a few things said that were in retrospect death flags, like, "I felt I just had to kiss you now." Because she wasn't going to get another chance...stuff like that you brush aside because Fuuka can't die in Fuuka.

Mein is still alive. Fuuka is not.

dafuq

Rhapsody

Banned
Fuuka 37

:( I know people hate on Seo, but I'm interested on seeing how this goes since it is going that Touch/Cross Game route.

Interested when Yuu eventually meets the Akitsuki family.

B.O.O.M

It kind of is. There wasn't any kind of indication that its a manga about a dead girl. Because you normally try to temper your reader's expectations by making them die a lot faster, e.g. Cross Game.

Basically, I'm in despair! The fact that Seo killed Fuuka has put me in despair!

hehe yeah I'm a bit upset too and I didn't even like this manga all that much :S Can't say it now has my interest more than before either cuz the protag is still weak as hell and boring. Maybe it will change now..or he can be all depressed and write/sing depressing songs which will touch the hearts of many fans across the world or some lame shit like that...sigh

at least I have Horimiya! God bless that author

hell yeah! Best Manga Gal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom