• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dat Fuuka reaction

Suzuka sure can't take a break. First, her 1st love got killed by a truck, now, her daughter suffer the same fate. Think this is revenge from her first love? I mean, Suzuka answer Yamato confession in front of his grave...not saying it was a curse.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
In retrospect I finished Suzuka last night, so is both hilarious and sad at the same time (baby Fuuka can be seen in the last chapter)

Fuuka herself was a very likable character, probably solely for the purpose of maximum trolling when she dies. Also, Haruto and Eba's stupid kid comes out to troll MC after Fuuka dies. Yay.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fuuka herself was a very likable character, probably solely for the purpose of maximum trolling when she dies. Also, Haruto and Eba's stupid kid comes out to troll MC after Fuuka dies. Yay.

Oh that was hilarious.

That last page makes it sound like this is going in some fantasy direction, but it is totally going to be something lame.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oh that was hilarious.

That last page makes it sound like this is going in some fantasy direction, but it is totally going to be something lame.

The Legend he's talking about is himself. Establishing himself as the Troll of Legend foretold of in ancient prophecies.

Here's the problem - if the series was called something else, it wouldn't even be a big deal. The series being titled "Fuuka" means the entire series is going to revolve around Yu moaning about his dead girlfriend.

I mean, "Food Wars?" Fucken' ugh. I wonder if the people doing the scans are going to bother continuing since they're slower than the normal release.

Also, is this going to be like censored or something?
No it's not going to be censored. If you bothered to actually buy manga you would known this.

dani_dc

In retrospect I finished Suzuka last night, so is both hilarious and sad at the same time (baby Fuuka can be seen in the last chapter)

Wasn't that Fuuka older sister?

Dat Fuuka reaction

Suzuka sure can't take a break. First, her 1st love got killed by a truck, now, her daughter suffer the same fate. Think this is revenge from her first love? I mean, Suzuka answer Yamato confession in front of his grave...not saying it was a curse.

Her daughter paying the crimes of her mother, truly sad.

Oh that was hilarious.

Suzuka goes into denial and starts pretending to be Fuuka and Yuu goes into it as well.

Suzuka becomes main girl.

World Trigger 80
tumblr_ne49mogp2C1s5992do1_1280.png

Great conclusion to this lenghty battle arc. I figured Hyuse would stay so that at least gave this arc a worthwhile ending.

I hope Replica isnt actually dead, but well, Yuma can move on. Mikumo could be his Replica anytime anyway.

Miwa needs to always battle in that outfit though.

Angry Grimace

No it's not going to be censored. If you bothered to actually buy manga you would known this.

Oooh, you're dark. But seriously, the reason they didn't license it for the online edition before was the lewdness, so I didn't know that.

Wasn't that Fuuka older sister?

Her daughter paying the crimes of her mother, truly sad.

Suzuka goes into denial and starts pretending to be Fuuka and Yuu goes into it as well.

Suzuka becomes main girl.

Its a younger sister. They're a bonus chapter of Fuuka demanding a brother and then Yamato fucking Suzuka to produce her. (really)

I mean, "Food Wars?" Fucken' ugh. I wonder if the people doing the scans are going to bother continuing since they're slower than the normal release.

Well the regular volume releases are not censored but they are also rated OT (Older Teen).

Dunno how International Jump is going to handle this, unless it's going to get a lot more steamy in Soma. (censorship steam not the other steam).

Angry Grimace

Well the regular volume releases are not censored but they are also rated OT (Older Teen).

Dunno how International Jump is going to handle this, unless it's going to get a lot more steamy in Soma. (censorship steam not the other steam).

I wouldn't imagine the volumes would be censored, but they don't seem to market WSJ to older teens, so I don't know. Crunchyroll certainly doesn't censor anything, but I don't get the impression they're marketed at the same audience.

dani_dc

Its a younger sister. They're a bonus chapter of Fuuka demanding a brother and then Yamato fucking Suzuka to produce her. (really)

Maybe, they call her Fuka, so I thought it was the same character. Unless one sister is called Fuka and the other Fuuka? (lol)...*shrug*
Ah ok, thought she has an older sibling, my bad.
I had forgotten that part of the extra Fuuka chapter. Yamato and Suzuka are awful.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Hayama

This guy, um, y'know what. This guy looks really really good. I almost forgot a manga was going on. This guy, phew!

Btw, I've decided to null the bet.

Feel free to wear an avatar of Curry-san unf unf unf for the next week though, I might do it myself.
You should have made everyone lose! Everyone!!

I definitely would have at least went over their release afterwards, assuming Viz uses the good quality raws that show the food without being a blurry mess.

I wouldn't imagine the volumes would be censored, but they don't seem to market WSJ to older teens, so I don't know. Crunchyroll certainly doesn't censor anything, but I don't get the impression they're marketed at the same audience.

I think the difference with Crunchyroll is that it's not a magazine like thing but just here's a bunch of titles for you to read at your leisure.

International Jump instead feels like it is trying to stick with its magazine roots and this will be interesting since you'll be getting stuff aimed for teens and then stuff aimed for older teens.

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki no Hayama

This guy, um, y'know what. This guy looks really really good. I almost forgot a manga was going on. This guy, phew!

You should have made everyone lose! Everyone!!

I definitely would have at least went over their release afterwards, assuming Viz uses the good quality raws that show the food without being a blurry mess.

The biggest problem with signing up for WSJ is the fact that they literally have nothing I care about beyond Shokugeki, but I read all sorts of stuff on Crunchy's service. I mean, I signed up for WSJ anyways, but still.

upandaway

The biggest problem with signing up for WSJ is the fact that they literally have nothing I care about beyond Shokugeki, but I read all sorts of stuff on Crunchy's service. I mean, I signed up for WSJ anyways, but still.
They also have the only comprehensible Hunter x Hunter releases (when it's running), but I guess that doesn't amount to much.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
International Jump finally putting in Soma?
You're learning Viz. Now have giveaways that aren't fucking Yu-Gi-Oh cards and maybe I'll care to subscribe again.

Zweizer

Banned
So, uh, hey, Dresden's reading club ended, right?

Feels kinda, y'know, anticlimatic? No huge cheers, kudos, discussing plans for a new one, anything?

Oh well, I had fun with it, even if coupling it with Suzuka's readalong made my schedule crazy busy.

dani_dc

Feels kinda, y'know, anticlimatic? No huge cheers, kudos, discussing plans for a new one, anything?

Oh well, I had fun with it, even if coupling it with Suzuka's readalong made my schedule crazy busy.
I don't think many people were even following most of the series (unfortunately so).

Unfortunately I also fell behind a couple weeks ago. At least now I have a few good series to go through when I have some more time.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Unfortunately, i fail to follow through.
Thing i read:
Parasyte
Gundam Sousei
5 chapter of No.5

A bit shame i couldn't read all of the book. I'm putting them on my backlog though. I will definitely read them when i have time

Soma

Still catching up with it actually since I've been busy with work and stuff...

Fnished up Tengu Party and sitting on a post for that at the moment. Started No. 5 and need to start the Kago manga. Already caught up on Boys On The Run tho.

Zweizer

Banned
Huh, there were less people that managed to stick to the schedule than I thought. I guess the lack of compelling reward (is there even one?) and/or punishment kinda hampered the enthusiasm of most participants.

Akito

Sakurasaku Syndrome 19 (end)
ywjVdyC.png

L-lewd

Well, it was a rushed ending just as expected, it was not even that conclusive either, kinda a shame.

I don't know anything about this mysterious Seo person or his Fuuka works but I'm 99% sure I can just get more enjoyment out of reading peoples reactions rather then actually reading it

At least, unlike Suzuka, they were good series, so it wasn't a waste of time!

its says something when it being good doesn't give any reaction at all and its only the horrible shit. But hey we tend to like horrible wrecks so i guess it makes sense

WedensdayGAF is deader than Fuuka.

ouch.

Seems like the Naruto and OP manga threads are actually doing their jobs.

Touche threads, touche

I have a bad feeling Fuuka is going to turn into a ghost manga.

This might redeem the manga in some posters eyes lol

That is depressing if true...

And with Naruto ending, there will probably be another drop.

Plus OP can't have everyone on its back tbh so they need some more hits/series that can stand on their own

Someone mind giving me a pic of best girl in Fuuka?

I want to see the face of the one likely to win at the end.

I.E don't give me a picture of the one in a coma buried five feet underground.

Angry Grimace

Someone mind giving me a pic of best girl in Fuuka?

I want to see the face of the one likely to win at the end.

I.E don't give me a picture of the one in a coma buried five feet underground.

They don't bury people in Japan, they cremate them.

I mean, I guess its Koyuki now, but she's kind of a shitty character. I will not be surprised if its Fuuka's ghost or some shit though. I mean, Iwami is a lot more likeable than Koyuki, but I don't really think she can win.

klee123

Fuuka 37

Now that I've read it.

I have to hand it to Seo. He spent 35 chapters establishing the female lead and then
kills her off

Well at least one can say that his stories are not predictable.

I wonder how many people are expressing their rage on his twitter account right now lol.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
everyone, i dont know how to feel about this chapter for fuuka.. ;_; it hit me hard for a quick sec

lets see what this legend is going to be... he'll probably find another girl who looks exactly like her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom