• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
everyone, i dont know how to feel about this chapter for fuuka.. ;_; it hit me hard for a quick sec

lets see what this legend is going to be... he'll probably find another girl who looks exactly like her

Hey, its Seo and we've already established Fuuka's parents are morons - she's probably alive and Yamato/Suzuka just covered it up because she had amnesia, or she was paralyzed from the waist down or something and for whatever reason that required them to cover it up.

Edit: the more I think about this, the more plausible it seems since Seo likes batshit pants on head plot twists so much.

Rhapsody

Banned
Hey, its Seo and we've already established Fuuka's parents are morons - she's probably alive and Yamato/Suzuka just covered it up because she had amnesia, or she was paralyzed from the waist down or something and for whatever reason that required them to cover it up.

Edit: the more I think about this, the more plausible it seems since Seo likes batshit pants on head plot twists so much.

I would give up on reading it. I so would. lol

Akito

JrtlVkx.png
Seems like Nisekoi Majikore will be shut down at the end of the year, clearly a ruse to get people to buy the Vita game.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

this sounds like the case, we never saw the body but why would the parents do something this stupid? i guess seo doesnt care anymore.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
this sounds like the case, we never saw the body but why would the parents do something this stupid? i guess seo doesnt care anymore.

You wouldn't see the body anyways. More than 99% of funerals in Japan are cremations. But hey, who knows, maybe he'll be like "oh fuuka was paralyzed and didn't want anyone to see her" or some dumb shit.

See now we've crossed the line to horror smut.

Also the line were if this guy was real, the first thing you should do when seeing him is to kick him in the gnads and run screaming "Fuck. This. Shit!" so that everyone can hear.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
You wouldn't see the body anyways. More than 99% of funerals in Japan are cremations. But hey, who knows, maybe he'll be like "oh fuuka was paralyzed and didn't want anyone to see her" or some dumb shit.

ya learn something new everyday. we all know though that fuuka is alive but not her psychological state.

Dresden

So, uh, hey, Dresden's reading club ended, right?

Feels kinda, y'know, anticlimatic? No huge cheers, kudos, discussing plans for a new one, anything?

Oh well, I had fun with it, even if coupling it with Suzuka's readalong made my schedule crazy busy.

I think coinciding with a suzuka death march made for less participation than it would have gotten otherwise. I'm up for trying it again, though I'd probably make these two changes:

1. one series per week, completed (Munou no Hito got flack for being untranslated, and Boys on the Run is unfinished)

2. actual penalties for not finishing (and I can finally abuse my mod powers for the Greater Good)

I want to keep the variety of the first few picks. So it'd be a mix of smut, action, tragedy, shit like that - cathartic things for the most part. I'll probably come up with a list tonight, maybe start it in the middle of November.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
itoshi no karin is so good. the protag is kind of wimpy but it would come as being humble or shy if we didn't have access to his thoughts.

I think coinciding with a suzuka death march made for less participation than it would have gotten otherwise. I'm up for trying it again, though I'd probably make these two changes:

1. one series per week, completed (Munou no Hito got flack for being untranslated, and Boys on the Run is unfinished)

2. actual penalties for not finishing (and I can finally abuse my mod powers for the Greater Good)

I want to keep the variety of the first few picks. So it'd be a mix of smut, action, tragedy, shit like that - cathartic things for the most part. I'll probably come up with a list tonight, maybe start it in the middle of November.

What kind of penalties?
This is the important part.

dani_dc

Eba dumped Haruto so she could pretend to be some dying guy's girlfriend and didn't tell him about it

My ex (who I was in a long-distance relationship) started "pretend dating" (also long-distance) a dude suffering from depression cause he said he'd kill himself if she didn't. She told me about his threats, but she also told me she had refused them.

Then she was telling mutual friends of ours she was considering breaking up with me, that is until he started being an ass to her more or less at the same time one of those mutual friends told her "either you tell Dani or I will", only then did she decide to break off this other relation and come clean.
Point being, I have no trust in humanity and Seo human-garbage characters resonate with my life experience.

Especially Eba.

I fucking hate Eba.

Penalties should be enforced per week enrollment. I'd be interested in reading more series but I might want to skip over some I already read (like I did with Parasyte since I had read it a few months earlier).

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
My ex (who I was in a long-distance relationship) started "pretend dating" (also long-distance) a dude suffering from depression cause he said he'd kill himself if she didn't. She told me about his threats, but she also told me she had refused them.

Then she was telling mutual friends of mine she was considering breaking up with me, that is until he started being an ass to her and she decided to break off and come clean.
Point being, I have no trust in humanity and Seo human-garbage characters resonate with my life experience.

Especially Eba.

I fucking hate Eba.

That sucks, good riddance. Forget about her and go find somebody else.

Zweizer

Banned

Yeah, I'm guessing most of the people who would have participated in the reading club were held up by Suzuka. Glad to hear that there are plans for a new one though.

I'm hoping that it'll mainly comprises short series (or maybe extend long ones over several weeks), since as you said several people were unable to properly participate due to tight schedules. Not sure if starting in the middle of November is a good idea, considering there's NaNoWriMo, but I'll try to join in regardless.

Penalties should be enforced per week enrollment. I'd be interested in reading more series but I might want to skip over some I already read.

Yeah, that'd be a good idea as well.

Dresden

What kind of penalties?
This is the important part.

It'll involve the I <3 WT avatar month I've been mulling over. And/or the 7 Seeds Month wonzo suggested.

dani_dc said:
Penalties should be enforced per week enrollment. I'd be interested in reading more series but I might want to skip over some I already read (like I did with Parasyte since I had read it a few months earlier).

I could just post a list and people could mark stuff down? We'll see.

Yeah, I'm guessing most of the people who would have participated in the reading club were held up by Suzuka. Glad to hear that there are plans for a new one though.

I'm hoping that it'll mainly comprises short series (or maybe extend long ones over several weeks), since as you said several people were unable to properly participate due to tight schedules. Not sure if starting in the middle of November is a good idea, considering there's NaNoWriMo, but I'll try to join in regardless.

Nanowrimo and a packed gaming month is probably going to be a big deterrent. Maybe right after Thanksgiving in America.

dani_dc

Prison School (re-read)

Just read through the Hana vs Kiyoshi battle again (my friend is reading the series so I figure I might as well re-read it, partly anyway), and this is still by far my favourite moment of the series. The stakes are so high, the escalation of scene to scene, the mental games. Essentially the ridiculousness of everything happening while still maintaining the tension of the situation that Prison School is known for is fully embodied by this scene.

It'll involve the I <3 WT avatar month I've been mulling over. And/or the 7 Seeds Month wonzo suggested.

Is I <3 WT avatar really a punishment?
I'm thinking a good number of people around here would wear it with pride.

7 Seeds Month would be good, have it on my backlog waiting to be read, so it would serve me a dual purpose.

That sucks, good riddance. Forget about her and go find somebody else.

Thanks, already did.

After giving her another chance, working things out and then a couple years later being dumped via an offline message, while I was sleeping, with no explanation.
Point being, I really hate Eba.
Also Haruto's a moron, but mostly screw Eba.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Thanks, already did.

After giving her another chance, working things out and then a couple years later being dumped via an offline message, while I was sleeping, with no explanation.
Point being, I really hate Eba.
Also Haruto's a moron, but mostly screw Eba.

Wow, speechless. Not every person in the world is like that, she was just a really crappy human being who doesn't deserve anybody's attention.

Also, I hate Itoshi no Karin now, I know the protag has his reasons but come on! THE GIRL IS GOING OUT ON A LIMB FOR YOU AND YOU ALSO HAVE FEELINGS FOR HER! MAKE IT WORK DAMN IT!

Necrovex

Manga-Gaf! I am going to be on a 20 hour flight in the coming months, so I am wanting to fill my iPad up with manga prior to my trip. I already have listed down Blade of the Immortal, Kingdom, Blame!, 20th Century Boys, and Vagabond on my shortlist of manga to read. Is there any other manga I should consider picking up? And they can be outside of the senin genre!

And what's this about a Dresden reading club?!

Shengar

Manga-Gaf! I am going to be on a 20 hour flight in the coming months, so I am wanting to fill my iPad up with manga prior to my trip. I already have listed down Blade of the Immortal, Kingdom, Blame!, 20th Century Boys, and Vagabond on my shortlist of manga to read. Is there any other manga I should consider picking up? And they can be outside of the senin genre!

Add Gunka no Balzer, Parasyte, and Tonari no Sekikun to that list. The last will be a nice break between those "serious"/tense manga.

Usobuko

Banned

You won't have time to finish all of them lol. I think you might even struggle to catch up on Kingdom alone. I would love to see you read The World Is Mine.

Zweizer

Banned

That's a pretty good selection. I suggest you also read
  • Hinamatsuri
  • Yotsuba&!
  • Nickelodeon
  • Prison School
  • Jitsu wa Watashi wa
  • Horimiya
  • Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
  • One-Punch Man
  • Nukoduke!
  • Taiyou no Ie

That should cover nicely most genres.

The Dresden reading club is already over, but I suggest you check out the suggested series anyways. They're all pretty good in their own way. A new one is under consideration if you're interested.

You won't have time to finish all of them lol. I think you might even struggle to catch up on Kingdom alone. I would love to see you read The World Is Mine.

Kingdom is actually pretty fast to read through. Better safe than sorry anyways, right?

Necrovex

Add Gunka no Balzer, Parasyte, and Tonari no Sekikun to that list. The last will be a nice break between those "serious"/tense manga.

Sweet, I always seem to forget less tense manga. Gotta have some giggles along the way.

Well, I'll also be living in a developing nation for two years, with a ton of free time. So, that's also why I want some extra manga. :p

That's a pretty good selection. I suggest you also read
  • Hinamatsuri
  • Yotsuba&!
  • Nickelodeon
  • Prison School
  • Jitsu wa Watashi wa
  • Horimiya
  • Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
  • One-Punch Man
  • Nukoduke!
  • Taiyou no Ie

That should cover nicely most genres.

The Dresden reading club is already over, but I suggest you check out the suggested series anyways. They're all pretty good in their own way. A new one is under consideration if you're interested.

Kingdom is actually pretty fast to read through. Better safe than sorry anyways, right?

Thanks for all the manga listed! I'll check them out. And I'm always down for a reading club. :-D

So with the F S/N: UBW OT now being a VN spoiler-free zone, would this be a good thread to post my impressions? Even though all I can say right now is that the writing isn't that great and it seems kinda sexist, lol.

Zephyx

Liar Game 191

Waiting for this plan to be immediately countered.

Haha. I don't see it being immediately countered but knowing Yokoya, he'll allow it then attack when he feels it's right.

You know, I recently picked up Liar Game and caught up to the latest chapter. It's more fun to read when everything's laid out for you.

Angry Grimace

So with the F S/N: UBW OT now being a VN spoiler-free zone, would this be a good thread to post my impressions? Even though all I can say right now is that the writing isn't that great and it seems kinda sexist, lol.

How could it be? Nobody but women had any lines in the last episode.

Revo

Haha. I don't see it being immediately countered but knowing Yokoya, he'll allow it then attack when he feels it's right.

You know, I recently picked up Liar Game and caught up to the latest chapter. It's more fun to read when everything's laid out for you.

Yep. Seeing everything unfolding without having to wait so much better for mysteries/plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom