• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

As an Eagles fan, i'm both really happy with the way the season has started and dreading the Sanchize era that started today

Kiss de Seiyaku 01

38oJt5Yl.jpg

Girl's family has a curse where they can only kiss one person their entire lives or terrible things will happen. Enter a playboy kissing fiend into her live.

I do like the main character, she isn't meek and strongly believes in true love (even if its been drilled into her head by her mother). Of course the pretty boy ruins everything so I guess this series is less her avoiding him and now more him getting her to fall in love with her.

Zweizer

Banned
Mahou Tsukai no Yome ch10

What a loyal dog. What a loyal apprentice.

Kono Oto Tomare! ch22

I wonder how long Chika will remain oblivious about it.

Started reading Yume Nikki today, but it got me nostalgic for the game, which I've never actually gotten more than about 40% through. So I stopped reading it (for now) and spent a fair part of the day on a fresh playthrough instead. Up to 16 Effects so far and it basically feels like I'm playing it blind. I'm keeping a log
/ diary
to try and make the exploration less confusing and it's actually working. A bit. Possibly.

Just saw Uboa live for the 1st time, so now I'm going to stop playing, go to bed and hopefully not have any dreams.

Sora ga Haiiro Dakara 06

That was a dark twist. :[
This has now moved 728 places up my backlog.

Zweizer

Banned
Started reading Yume Nikki today, but it got me nostalgic for the game, which I've never actually gotten more than about 40% through. So I stopped reading it (for now) and spent a fair part of the day on a fresh playthrough instead. Up to 16 Effects so far and it basically feels like I'm playing it blind. I'm keeping a log
/ diary
to try and make the exploration less confusing and it's actually working. A bit. Possibly.

Just saw Uboa live for the 1st time, so now I'm going to stop playing, go to bed and hopefully not have any dreams.

16 effects already? That's pretty impressive. I hope you won't get any unpleasant dreams out of it. Or maybe not.

Akito

Yume Nikki
I know nothing of the game so not sure I really got this, a girl trapped in nightmares/nightmarish scenarios something something? I was lost after the first half where things started to become really crazy. Oh well, some surreal pages were pretty neat at least.

Doubt
Was alright, I kinda expected a twist at then end but I can live with a sweet ending as well.

Wife & Wife
Well that was definitely cute, and it felt like a very complete series for only being 18 chapters. And Kinana is just so bubbly and excited, I love it.

2 down, 3 to go.

Zweizer

Banned
Yume Nikki
I know nothing of the game so not sure I really got this, a girl trapped in nightmares/nightmarish scenarios something something? I was lost after the first half where things started to become really crazy. Oh well, some surreal pages were pretty neat at least.

Truth to be told, the first half is closer to the actual game than the later half (save for all the monologues). The game is basically textless and has no real story. I think it's fair to assume most players also got confused by the latter half, since it's pretty much the writer's interpretation of some events in the game.

Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai Shiteita. 03

The dangers of having a magical girl girlfriend is that they are weak against tentacles.

Akito

Truth to be told, the first half is closer to the actual game than the later half (save for all the monologues). The game is basically textless and has no real story. I think it's fair to assume most players also got confused by the latter half, since it's pretty much the writer's interpretation of some events in the game.
Alright, mission accomplished then.

Wife & Wife
That was not too bad but since I read Sasameki Koto recently, I can't help but compare the 2 series and W&W turns out rather unimpressive in every aspect, from artstyle to characters to story. I guess it's not a really fair comparison and some people might even prefer lightweight and drama-free yuri stories over serious ones. If you happen to be one of those, well then this series is for you.

To Aru Kagaku no Accelerator 10

I feel like this is a new series with none of the old characters I'm familiar with.

Oh expect the sisters, since they are everywhere.

dumbyugi

Yume Nikki

I was more confused than anything reading this. Some of the artwork is nice but I'm not a fan of the human characters looks. I've never played the game and to be honest I never really wanted to. I dunno I guess this just isn't for me. 3/10.

Doubt

i actually read this before recently and i'm still confused now as i was then lol.

Was she really the devil? I would say yes for the ability of the long con, but they seem to be happy so i guess they lucked out.

Akito

PositioN
Dat Ashinano atmosphere is unmistakable.

Zansho
Despite some of the stories dealing with death as a theme, this is still the most heartwarming thing by Mohiro Kitoh that I've read, he cannot only do gut-wrenching drama.

Sayonara, Heron 1-5 END
B1etxPsCcAAMBAU.png

Good BL of the two living together from the high school days of just laying on each other while reading to living with each other after school and in the real world. There was barely any contact and such which was a bit saddening, but its always good to have these types of friends become lovers/roommates become lovers though not really admitting to it and etc type stories. Perhaps they could have said it at some point, but they are just living day by day and going steady.

dani_dc

Fuuka 38

Yuu is basically aimless. I was expecting drama after the cafeteria scene, but it turns out that Mikasa understands Yuu attitude.

The fujoshi were the ones calling the right pairings after all.

Week 2 or Fuukaless Fuuka.

Zansho

this was pretty grim at points with the death/impending death stuff but oddly enough the final chapter was the most happy (even though the implication is really weird lol).

Also realized in the 2nd chapter that it was from the Narutaru author so it might explain why some of expectations were set accordingly (i was thinking something bad was gonna happen in the last chapter but it never did luckily)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fuuka 38

Yuu is basically aimless. I was expecting drama after the cafeteria scene, but it turns out that Mikasa understands Yuu attitude.

The fujoshi were the ones calling the right pairings after all.

Week 2 or Fuukaless Fuuka.

I think DTL would like this chapter, it was very :dtl

Sekainohate de Aimashou 48

oh my god, another chapter of why can't they be honest with each other and get this stupid thing over with

Caladrius

Sayonara, Heron 1-5 END
B1etxPsCcAAMBAU.png

Good BL of the two living together from the high school days of just laying on each other while reading to living with each other after school and in the real world. Perhaps they could have said it at some point, but they are just living day by day and going steady.

Dude in the middle panel looks like Yu Narukami with Black Hair.

Usobuko

Banned
All these years, the stories I remember from Zansho was Papa's Song and the one where a girl brought flowers to the same tub where both she and her idolized 'big sister' committed suicide.

Busaiku

Ugh, darn Daylight Savings ending means we gotta wait an hour longer for Crunchyroll.
MangaBox seems to account for this.

PositioN

well this was crazy.

the town and the misadventures of the MC and her friends are something else.

Given all the stuff left to explore (the town,
that floating ship and talking rocks,
more crazy adventures, etc) it seems this was cancelled or something and its kinda of a shame.

ryan13ts

Nanatsu no Taizai

Wow, that makes two times now that the topic of why Merlin betrayed Meliodas got brought up, only to be tossed aside again with absolutely no explanation. It's getting really annoying, since I want to know why she did it. It doesn't help that it's brushed off to make room for cutesy banter and antics between the rest of the cast.

360pages

Yume Nikki

I was more confused than anything reading this. Some of the artwork is nice but I'm not a fan of the human characters looks. I've never played the game and to be honest I never really wanted to. I dunno I guess this just isn't for me. 3/10.

Honestly, I felt it would have been better if it simply followed the games plot and just have her collecting the effects while visiting weird place and meeting strange things. I felt it would have been more powerful and stuck with me more than the second half devolving into...that.

Usobuko

Banned
Honestly, I felt it would have been better if it simply followed the games plot and just have her collecting the effects while visiting weird place and meeting strange things. I felt it would have been more powerful and stuck with me more than the second half devolving into...that.

It's a niche (free?) indie game, so its possible that the mangaka don't have that kind of luxury.

Imasugu Onii-chan ni Imouto da tte Iitai! 16

Well hey, imouto actually won. And they started dating and everyone seems to be fine with it. Super progressive.

360pages

It's a niche (free?) indie game, so its possible that the mangaka don't have that kind of luxury.

Hmm, they had ten chapters right. It probably would have been condensed, but if it went with a quicker patter, probably giving each effect and area 7-8 pages each. They probably would have gotten about half of them done in 10 chapters. Which I wouldn't have minded them cutting some out.

Furyous

Ciel

This manga makes me hate life. Imagine if this manga had minorities. *shudders to think what experiences would happen.*

This manga makes me hate life...
between the second chapter, January's family, and the entire aristocrat system. There's a point in one of the summer break chapters where the aristocrat's wife gets jealous of yvienne to the point that she wants him to cut her tongue, have beat up, raped, and shipped to a brothel... ALL BECAUSE YVIENNE RECEIVED ATTENTION. Does anything bad happen to Yvienne to the previously mentioned extreme? Let me know so I can stop reading soon. I hate life after reading this manga and I'm not even halfway through it.

dani_dc

PositioN

There's no overarching arc to speak off here, just a few unique events in the life of Shu and her friend. Despite the series focus on the imaginative rather than the natural, the series feels to have a message of appreciating the small unique parts of your own down as to bring some magic in life.

I'm glad it was a short read though, I couldn't see this working with too many chapters.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
PositioN

There's no overarching arc to speak off here, just a few unique events in the life of Shu and her friend. Despite the series focus on the imaginative rather than the natural, the series feels to have a message of appreciating the small unique parts of your own down as to bring some magic in life.

I'm glad it was a short read though, I couldn't see this working with too many chapters.

You should read yokohama kadaishi kikou then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom