• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shinyuu no Mikami-kun

l55Qzmm.png

A super shy girl depends on her only friend Mikami-kun. But she feels like she's troubling him so she tries and befriends someone else.

I like it. The characters were cute and I liked the twist in the middle of it. Sure, it didn't end the why I think everyone expected a shoujo to end, but it was well done enough that it gave a some good depth to these two characters in such a short time.

dani_dc

Himegoto - Juukyuusai no Seifuku 27

Perfectly natural for Yuki to be unable to transition from her regular set of clothes to the new one so fast, but dear God did her breast increase, bra's sure make a difference.

I do feel she'll be the target of bullying when she becomes more bold in her clothes choices, mostly due to those girls jealoud of her relationship with Kaito.

Talking of which, Kaito plan sounds like a recipe of disaster when you consider the relations between the characters involved. Going to be a good test to his relationship as girlfriends with Yuki.

Soma

Prison School 141

lCcB8kf.gif

Hiramoto truly the GOAT comedy writer.

Keyman 26-27

GODDAMN

Motherfucking Alex taking that beating like a champ. Things just keep getting worse. ;_;

Also noticed the artwork looking a little rough in these chapters. Yet it still manages to look better than over 50% of other manga out there.

Seifuku Aventure 1-10

This girl is so damn thirsty.

Like if main dude was even the slightest bit forward with her this manga would be over. But it's a romance manga and we can't have that happening so he has to be just as clueless has her.

DEAD Tube 1-2

ibpw9qoIaTVdJy.png

I'm not sure what I was expecting.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Gave in and looked at the raws of Tokyo DTED and well... uh...

(major spoilers follow, obviously)

It doesn't end up going into NTR territory at all really, the MC pretty much just sucks balls. Bangs Kaede and Saki afterwards and then proceeds to immediately go to an oral sex bar (lol). Resolves his issues with his brother and Kaede and then it just ends, he doesn't end up with anyone, I guess.

disappointing

great, a complete waste of my time. i wanted him to go deeper in the pits of despair and see how the author would deal with it but no, he just finds a simple solution and tada

bjork

I was going through my closet and found a full set of Adolf. I don't remember buying it, but I guess I got it at The Last Bookstore for $5 each. I wonder why I bought this?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
You know you want a full year Suzuka avatar saucy
Revo pls. It's a KNIM avatar, get your facts straight. edit: oh shit, my Nisekoi avatar bet is over! Dang, how short lived.

Shinyuu no Mikami-kun
Ahhh, this was a good one. I wanted to see how they hooked up, so I obviously got disappointed, but it was still a good read. The author's other stuff is good too.

I didn't even know you were dq'ed :(

RIP thesaucetastic [19xx-2014]
That's what they all say. :'(

Cause of Death: Quix's lack of mercy

Y'know, this is a pretty convincing reason to read Prison School. Pretty much as unf unf as Curry Guy.

Prison School 141

Prison School 141

Dat cover swag.

Also yay, everything is resolved between the sisters... right?

Looks like it, even though once again she misinterprets wildly. Or until Kiyoshi does something dumb again LOL.

Now i guess its back to trying to fight Kate (who seems to have a fucking ridiculous amount of plot armor).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think the next breaking point is when she find out that they're not planning to celebrate her birthday.

Yume Nikki

Read it before already, but I enjoyed reading it again, mostly because I just love the art of the world. I guess the story was mostly about girls who have "fallen" gets sent into this purgatory where they must collect the effects (which stems from some trauma in their previous life) to reform their soul? It's super vague, but I do enjoy vagueness.

Suzuka 151-End

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha lolololololololololololololololololololol fuck this shit.

Like holy shit how can you forget to use protection. Did they believe that making love unprotected wouldn't lead to a baby. Also the fact that Suzuka's Father forgave Yamato two times in a row is a disgrace. A matter of fact I'm suprised that Suzuka's Father even forgave him. And thank you Yamato's Father for slapping the shit out of him because he fuckin deserved that. Arima also beating his ass was satisfying. I guess seeing the wedding was alright with everyone there.

Man after seeing Fuuka I'm a bit sad but at the same time I can't help but laugh. Especially when Yamato said he wants to protect his daughter. Too bad that piece of shit and shitty Suzuka had to fuckin confess on a dead guys grave. Kazuki's curse truly did come back to haunt them and who did he choose our one and only Fuuka that is. In the end Yamato couldn't protect that smile, RIP Fuuka.

Anyways throughout this manga the only characters that I could like we're Miki and Yui. Miki was a straight up reasonable and likable character, that actually went out her way to help Yamato and Suzuka. She had a terrific personality which can't be said for Suzuka. And Yui man she was an awesome character that was energetic and playful. Her personality was great and her smile always felt genuine. Also the fact she didn't didn't carry any grudge towards Yamato or jealousy towards Suzuka made her the best. Seo should of went with her route because it would made this manga a lot better, but instead he picked shitty Suzuka. But really fuck Suzuka and Yamato they fuckin made this manga shit, terrible terrible characters.

Yeah I would not recommend this manga to anyone. So yeah thank god I'm finally done 😪

Uno x Uno

The struggles of a pair of fraternal twins, one boy and one girl, as they undergo the changes of teenage life.

Pretty good, with showing how twins are given expectations of acting the same and how they start dealing when they realize they aren't the same. It was nice.

First of the short but sweet reads for this week, figured it be easy to start with the one shot.

Doubt
Quite an interesting little story, kept flirting with the idea of the devil being involved with making the summoning work or being among the people involved and not answering it.

Curious if this tone is the sort of thing to expect from this author. Because it definitely kept me somewhat intrigued.

Shengar

Prison School 141
I wonder how the President's misspeak was done in Japanese, maybe it's different from what we got in the scan.

Crazy Andre's been amusing but I hope he gets back in the masochism game soon.

Masochist economy needs to recover first before it could happened. If only someone could make a New Deal for Andre.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
First of the short but sweet reads for this week, figured it be easy to start with the one shot.

Doubt
Quite an interesting little story, kept flirting with the idea of the devil being involved with making the summoning work or being among the people involved and not answering it.

Curious if this tone is the sort of thing to expect from this author. Because it definitely kept me somewhat intrigued.

Nope.

Expect crazier.

should have andre struttin the same pose on the next cover. deformed i <3 wt shirt and all

before that Gakuto needs to represent. :p

Kiyoshi pullin a Giorno Giovanna pose

i decided to check this out and you weren't kidding haha. Also that dude is fabulous as fuck, even for JoJo standards

She's basically driving a plot mech

not just some mech but one of those OP Gundams (Wing, Unicorn, 00, etc)

That...dat character development

that works as well lol

Rhapsody

Banned
Kannagi 56

And things are back to normal, and Jin properly confessed to Nagi. It's a shame she didn't give an answer, but I guess we don't need her to.

And I suppose I should change my avatar.

Shinyuu no Mikami-kun

A super shy girl depends on her only friend Mikami-kun. But she feels like she's troubling him so she tries and befriends someone else.

I like it. The characters were cute and I liked the twist in the middle of it. Sure, it didn't end the why I think everyone expected a shoujo to end, but it was well done enough that it gave a some good depth to these two characters in such a short time.

I dig the pastel work.

Lain

Today is a sad day. I was expecting Soma to be announced by someone here, but I wasn't expecting it to be announced by the publisher I hate the most, GOEN. They still have a lot of past announced licenses to releases, ongoing works with no volumes released in years and more.
Yet today they announced a fuckton of stuff.

Gunbuster
Kono Jinruiiki no Zelphy
Koukaku Pandora
Koya no sh&#333;nen Isamu
Horobi
Versailles no Bara (Shueisha edition with volume 11)
Rin
Teiichi no kuni
Minna esper Dayo
Buffalo 5-min Musume
Bus gamer
Himitsu
Junjo Romantica
Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
Fantasma
Anagle mole
Princess Lucia
Food wars
Tokyo Summer of the dead
Mugen tensei- Ryuuki to kotona Sengoku zombie

I don't know if I should laugh or cry, because there's stuff I'd want, but I know that... who the fuck knows when it'll be released, how it will be released and with what periodicity.

rrvv

Doubt by Dowman Sayman

seem to be devil is try to create convenient dating matching system

Yume Nikki by Kikiyama, Machigerita & Tomizawa Hitoshi

nice story about a girl that starting to lose sanity and become full ledge yandere

Hoshi no Ponko to Toufuya Reiko 1-3
lS0oI0q.png

WHAT THE WHAT.
Well, that had some important ups and downs, and up and downs again.
Overall I liked, a good short manga, though the concept could have been more developed, I think it's a bit rushed in places.

Kurita

Today is a sad day. I was expecting Soma to be announced by someone here, but I wasn't expecting it to be announced by the publisher I hate the most, GOEN. They still have a lot of past announced licenses to releases, ongoing works with no volumes released in years and more.
Yet today they announced a fuckton of stuff.

Gunbuster
Kono Jinruiiki no Zelphy
Koukaku Pandora
Koya no sh&#333;nen Isamu
Horobi
Versailles no Bara (Shueisha edition with volume 11)
Rin
Teiichi no kuni
Minna esper Dayo
Buffalo 5-min Musume
Bus gamer
Himitsu
Junjo Romantica
Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
Fantasma
Anagle mole
Princess Lucia
Food wars
Tokyo Summer of the dead
Mugen tensei- Ryuuki to kotona Sengoku zombie

I don't know if I should laugh or cry, because there's stuff I'd want, but I know that... who the fuck knows when it'll be released, how it will be released and with what periodicity.
Desperately want Minna Esper Dayo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom