• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

The pub I was sure would announce One Punch Man (Panini)... didn't. On the bright side, they announced some good shit. Pretty excited about Arslan Senki and Gigantomakhia.

Arslan Senki
Kill la Kill
Seraph of the End
Bamboo Blade
Obata Takeshi Illustrations - BLANC ET NOIR
Gigantomakhia
Sennen no Yuki
Mahou Shojo of the End
Saint Seiya Saintia Sho
Assassin's Creed Black Flag (why the fuck there's a manga about this)
Apocalypse no Toride
Run Day Burst

Zweizer

Banned
Maga-Tsuki ch41

The hell? Is the author just coming up with shit to stretch it out now?

Jigoku Koi Sutefu ch0.3

Enma is harsh.

Jigoku Koi Sutefu ch6.5

Seduction powers too OP.

Guess who selected them?:
PositioN: Akito
Doubt: striferser
Yume Nikki:
Me?
Wife & Wife: dumbyugi
Zansho: Usobuko

Yep, Wife & Wife was me!

Yay! That makes 3 out of 5 so far.

Revo

Maga-Tsuki ch41

The hell? Is the author just coming up with shit to stretch it out now?

You can't have plot moment after plot moment. Small reader minds can't handle all that critical information! You have to give them time to fully comprehend that things did in fact happen despite the surprise of all involved.

Usobuko

Banned
Nanatsu no Taizai 101

What a prince charming~

You're right.

MrxhrnJ.png

Busaiku

Huh, didn't realize this before, but Barakamon is in 2001.
Guess that makes sense why nobody has phones, even if it is a rural village.

Zweizer

Banned
Akai Mi Hajiketa ch3

Ah, elementary schoolers and love.

You can't have plot moment after plot moment. Small reader minds can't handle all that critical information! You have to give them time to fully comprehend that things did in fact happen despite the surprise of all involved.

Well, if this new non-development's aim was to make the readers' brains regress, mission accomplished.

Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 4

1414923788848.png

Poor Hinami no one protected her smile, fuck 😔 Anyways it seems our Haise (Kaneki) reunion is incoming. Really can't wait to see Hinami's reaction.

It seems like Akira said to Urie and Sharkteeth to not be like Haise, because they haven't seen him go all out. Kanekipede confirmed! Also Urie and Sharkteeth did truly steal Haise's underwear lol. I wonder who's gonna sniff it hmmm.

And finally this twist.........

1414896156940.png

Da fuck? Our male Quinque investigator Mutsuki was actually a female, what a play. Man I've been confused with a character's gender twice, first with Suzuya and now this.

Revo

Tower of God s2e123

A lot of errors, missing tons of letters in many places. Surprising that she just walked right out there but if it is who is expected then she could go teamless and destroy everyone.

Count H 04-06

Nice conclusion to this. I like how they decide to forego finding a cure for his power and instead trust on the power of love.

The inclusion of a beta couple was pretty nice too.

Today is a sad day. I was expecting Soma to be announced by someone here, but I wasn't expecting it to be announced by the publisher I hate the most, GOEN. They still have a lot of past announced licenses to releases, ongoing works with no volumes released in years and more.
Yet today they announced a fuckton of stuff.

Gunbuster
Kono Jinruiiki no Zelphy
Koukaku Pandora
Koya no shōnen Isamu
Horobi
Versailles no Bara (Shueisha edition with volume 11)
Rin
Teiichi no kuni
Minna esper Dayo
Buffalo 5-min Musume
Bus gamer
Himitsu
Junjo Romantica
Sekaiichi Hatsukoi

Fantasma
Anagle mole
Princess Lucia
Food wars
Tokyo Summer of the dead
Mugen tensei- Ryuuki to kotona Sengoku zombie

I don't know if I should laugh or cry, because there's stuff I'd want, but I know that... who the fuck knows when it'll be released, how it will be released and with what periodicity.

If only I was a native speaker of your language. Though we get Sekaiichi Hatsukoi, the company here made it sound impossible to get Junjo :(

The pub I was sure would announce One Punch Man (Panini)... didn't. On the bright side, they announced some good shit. Pretty excited about Arslan Senki and Gigantomakhia.

Arslan Senki
Kill la Kill
Seraph of the End
Bamboo Blade
Obata Takeshi Illustrations - BLANC ET NOIR
Gigantomakhia
Sennen no Yuki
Mahou Shojo of the End
Saint Seiya Saintia Sho
Assassin's Creed Black Flag (why the fuck there's a manga about this)
Apocalypse no Toride
Run Day Burst

Does anywhere even have OPM announced for print release?

Please buy Seraph.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Tokyo Ghoul 4

Finally, some progress. Its gonna get good after this but is it me or does the mangaka's art lack dimensionality? It feels like a drawing on a 2-D plane with a real lack of shadowing (or ability to do so) to promote depth.

Tokyo Ghoul 4

Finally, some progress. Its gonna get good after this but is it me or does the mangaka's art lack dimensionality? It feels like a drawing on a 2-D plane with a real lack of shadowing (or ability to do so) to promote depth.

Yeah it was on one of the pages, but I dont think he lacks dimensionality. Ishida probably just wanted to show where the characters are through the background, but who knows.

Anyways I liked this chapter due to Himami being shown, but it makes me sad that she's become cold looking. Kaneki couldn't protect that smile of hers. But man that reunion is incoming eventually though.

Also bonus for Haise's energy underwear.

Okasu Bekarazu!! Junketsu Tokku! 06

That's the power of humans?

Stretch 27b

So she survived the night. Yuri still in tack.

Ayame to Amane 15-16

RIP Latte Art

Maou na Ano Ko to Murabito A 10

I am extremely looking forward to seeing what kind of plan the Demon Queen has involving a broken down express bus with too strong air conditioning, a hot day and selling milk.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yeah it was on one of the pages, but I dont think he lacks dimensionality. Ishida probably just wanted to show where the characters are through the background, but who knows.

Anyways I liked this chapter due to Himami being shown, but it makes me sad that she's become cold looking. Kaneki couldn't protect that smile of hers. But man that reunion is incoming eventually though.

Also bonus for Haise's energy underwear.

Yeah, it was good showing a previous ghoul character in the story. I honestly believe Hinami is just putting up a persona so she could be as close to the action as possible to find Kaneki, she'll be the same old Hinami (or at least close to it) once she finds or sees Kaneki. Also Hinami might be the key in triggering Haise's memory of being Kaneki if speculations are accurate, there Haise will go further into the Torso case and realize he has his own demons to deal with. The only hole in this theory is when they took Haise's blood test to see if he was bordering the threshold to becoming a ghoul and he didn't, just like the rest of the quinckes. My assumption is that since he is still half-ghoul, he still counts as being human according to the standards of the tests, additionally, it was revealed way back in the beginning of the manga that Kaneki was able to go through the ghoul detector without being detected. This may shed some light on the layers of clues the author has left behind so we can come up with a conclusion on our own and match it with the story's.

Yeah, it was good showing a previous ghoul character in the story. I honestly believe Hinami is just putting up a persona so she could be as close to the action as possible to find Kaneki, she'll be the same old Hinami (or at least close to it) once she finds or sees Kaneki. Also Hinami might be the key in triggering Haise's memory of being Kaneki if speculations are accurate, there Haise will go further into the Torso case and realize he has his own demons to deal with. The only hole in this theory is when they took Haise's blood test to see if he was bordering the threshold to becoming a ghoul and he didn't, just like the rest of the quinckes. My assumption is that since he is still half-ghoul, he still counts as being human according to the standards of the tests, additionally, it was revealed way back in the beginning of the manga that Kaneki was able to go through the ghoul detector without being detected. This may shed some light on the layers of clues the author has left behind so we can come up with a conclusion on our own and match it with the story's.

RC levels above 1000 are considered in Ghoul Territory. The Quinckes are below 1000 so they are humans with Ghoul abilities, but Haise is different. His RC levels are about 3000 so he is undeniably a ghoul not a fake. Also the reason his RC levels aren't really high is because he hasn't been canniblizing Ghoul's like earlier Kaneki did so his RC levels decreased. But yeah I need that Haise (Kaneki) reunion with Hinami.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Being a Chargers fan is worse suffering than a Suzuka avatar.

Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata - Koisuru Metronome 03

Wh-wh-what in the name of Norway?

I guess at least writer waifu wants "experiences"

Busaiku

Ugh, cannot even finish the 1st Attack on Titan Junior High book.
I like Spoof on Titan, so I thought this'd be ok, but it's so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom