• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Fair enough. When part 2 happened, I was so excited to see how everyone fought after the time skip at the very least.

Basically none of that happened. Was hoping they'd elaborate on new abilities, but nope :(
I know, I felt the same way. :( The manga would've been so much better if it just focused more on the rookies and teamwork, like part 1 did.

So i assume you don't like Karin?
Whoops, I forgot about her lol. I don't mind her. It's too bad she didn't do much besides get stabbed. You'd think she'd at least be shown in the epilogue since she's a blood relative to Naruto...

Did anyone like Karin though? It was like a fujoshi Sakura.
Sakura's already a fujoshi. Remember how she reacted to Konohamaru showing her his Sasuke x Sai jutsu?

Everyone looks pretty awesome. i was hoping for a bit more change in the designs for the female characters though. The guys all made out like bandits with their older versions aside from Shino becoming Cyclops.
Yeah, the female characters basically look the same as their 15 year old selves, just with those eye crinkles added. It's pretty disappointing. And excuse you, Godot Shino is the best.

Naruto - End

699 was pretty much perfect aside from missing Sakura thanking Naruto for bringing Sakura back. The last scene with the headband was great and exactly the right note to technically end on. I liked that the first thing Sasuke said was sorry to Sakura.

The epilogue wasn't too bad either. A little annoying to not see some of them interact like Hinata and Naruto but at least it ties up most of the loose ends for the protagonists. Kishi could've actually run this for a few chapters to flesh the ending out but I guess that's the move and miniseries thing to do. Everyone looks pretty awesome. i was hoping for a bit more change in the designs for the female characters though. The guys all made out like bandits with their older versions aside from Shino becoming Cyclops.

Kind of hard to discuss the actual chapter in the Naruto thread with everyone still going nuts.
I am guessing the movie will fill in the missing blanks and interactions

360pages

Did anyone like Karin though? It was like a fujoshi Sakura.

I liked Karin, mostly due to her desgin, and that the writer pretty much took the worst traits about Sakura and elevated them by 100. Yet, she still saved Sasuke's life more than Sakura ever did or will.

Tamanon

Banned
Naruto

I dunno, I just find it weird all these pairings up and everyone having kids at the same age. Also, the names are way too on the nose as just combos of other names. Otherwise, it was good to see Hokage Naruto and that even with a family actually at home, the rebellious streak shows up in his kid.

Bleach

Guess that's one way to clear up the Quincy roster pretty quickly. The ultimate penetrator seems like a pain, but seeing him just blowing holes in folks was interesting. I think we're almost at the part where reinforcements arrive for the Royal Guard(Ichigo/Grimmjow?/Orihime).

LeleSocho

Banned
I am guessing the movie will fill in the missing blanks and interactions

Too bad it's an anime though, i want the original author art style and not a rollercoaster of quality where 10 frames are godlike quality and right after that you have 10 frames of pure crap.
It'll be probably the only Naruto movie i'll watch though... maybe.

Shouta

Naruto movies are pretty consistent in animation, being a movie and all. if there's anything that the Naruto anime does, it's giving more time to all of the characters in the series. Kishimoto didn't spend time with anyone in the manga but the anime folks did, thanks to all that "filler" lol

Mumei

Hey Mumei, let's do a reread of the series some day. With some luck more people will also read it.

I'm currently rereading, actually, and I'm on volume 13 next. Well, I have it on hold; I'm actually reading Nijighara Holograph at the moment, but after I finish that (... and probably reread it), I'm going to continue PSME.

Naruto
Feels like the whole shinobi world war arc could've been excised or combined into the Pain arc, since it just felt like it was dragging out the series. Nice ending. Naruto became Hokage, Sasuke got a solitary journey of redemption, a lot of characters ended up together, and the world has everlasting peace.

Bleach
Speaking of something that should be excised... This whole business of waiting for Ichigo to reach the roundabout battle.
"You need to go to the Soul King's Palace to train!"
"You gotta get back to the Seireitei!"
"Now Bach is at the Palace! You gotta go back!"

Naruto movies are pretty consistent in animation, being a movie and all. if there's anything that the Naruto anime does, it's giving more time to all of the characters in the series. Kishimoto didn't spend time with anyone in the manga but the anime folks did, thanks to all that "filler" lol

Agreed on all points.

The movies tend to look pretty good (really dug that Rainbow Rasengan in that Shippuden movie, also damn Naruto being a typical shonen MC near the end but that story stuff LOL)

While the filler are blah 90% of the time i still respect the anime team in actually attempting to flesh out the characters not named Naruto or/and the Sauce.

survivor

Banned
I'm currently rereading, actually, and I'm on volume 13 next. Well, I have it on hold; I'm actually reading Nijighara Holograph at the moment, but after I finish that (... and probably reread it), I'm going to continue PSME.

I found that rereading Nijigahara Holograph never helped at all. It still ended up being 2deep4me.

Fox318

Naruto

I dunno, I just find it weird all these pairings up and everyone having kids at the same age. Also, the names are way too on the nose as just combos of other names. Otherwise, it was good to see Hokage Naruto and that even with a family actually at home, the rebellious streak shows up in his kid.

Bleach

Guess that's one way to clear up the Quincy roster pretty quickly. The ultimate penetrator seems like a pain, but seeing him just blowing holes in folks was interesting. I think we're almost at the part where reinforcements arrive for the Royal Guard(Ichigo/Grimmjow?/Orihime).
they were ordered to repopulate

Naruto - End

699 was pretty much perfect aside from missing Sakura thanking Naruto for bringing Sakura back. The last scene with the headband was great and exactly the right note to technically end on. I liked that the first thing Sasuke said was sorry to Sakura.

The epilogue wasn't too bad either. A little annoying to not see some of them interact like Hinata and Naruto but at least it ties up most of the loose ends for the protagonists. Kishi could've actually run this for a few chapters to flesh the ending out but I guess that's the move and miniseries thing to do. Everyone looks pretty awesome. i was hoping for a bit more change in the designs for the female characters though. The guys all made out like bandits with their older versions aside from Shino becoming Cyclops.

Kind of hard to discuss the actual chapter in the Naruto thread with everyone still going nuts.

I really loved the ending. Also, happy that Naruto/Hinata is canon. I wished he showed interactions between Hinata and Naruto, but overall the ending chapter was good.

Kyuur

Bla-ech

"Your barrier that blocks Reishi does nothing, because we simply transfer power! Fuck the rules of the universe that were crafted over many chapters!"

Why couldn't Bleach have ended first.

One Piece

So does Law operate on himself to save himself? Seems like it would be a hard thing to do right after eating the fruit, considering he's so close to dying.

Mortemis

Banned
Naruto end

I feel like I should care more that one of the first manga series I've read has ended.

Naruto was the first manga I've read, what made me know what manga even is, and the first I've ever owned a volume.

Now that it's over I feel like I should be more emotional or something, but I'm indifferent I guess.

Naruto END

I can't care when series jump straight into the future with the last chapter and end it there. The ending does feel out of the blue even though we've known for a long ass time that it's coming, it feels like it needs a whole other arc to wrap this up. I guess that's what bad pacing does to an ending.

Toriko

Okay I got over the Coco Pose

Bambina looks like some Noir Thorn creature

Bleach

Die you Fodder Quinces.... good riddance

Still to have all of those other guys revived... come on Kubo

He Grimace what's the trope called where Japanese storytelling inevitably ends in the protagonist fighting God because there's nowhere else to go with ramping power levels?

KingJ2002

Naruto 699 & 700: A fitting end to the series. it felt like everything that could have happened in the story did happen around the end with the meeting of the sage of six paths and even fighting Kaguya all to unite the Ninja world. Sasuke getting back his leaf headband and getting pardoned for all his crimes seems like a cop out considering his intentions after he saved the world... but i'll take it. Naruto brought him back as promised from the beginning of the Manga.

The epilogue was also very interesting... it doesn't explain what happened to Orochimaru and Haka but seeing the new generation was pretty cool. All the hooks ups were as expected were..

Sakura and Sasuke
Naruto and Hinata
Ino and Sai (a Sasuke replacement till the end lol)
Temari and Shikamaru

but Choji & Karui? never saw that coming

and the new Kage's were also very predictable... but either way... 7th Homage Naruto!

Great end to a great series... can't wait to see the next saga around the new generation.

Hopefully they'll show kakishi's face then lol.

Bleach: Meh... resurrection to find out that x-axis power is an arrow that pierces anything. He went up against a guy who has a sword that can cut through anything and one shotted him.

Im getting sick of these one shot moments... where's the actual fight? I guess the royal guard and the The chosen are going to off each other in the end anyway.

M87LJB3.jpg

Official Theme Song for the chapter.

Bear with me on my opinions for everyone.

Kids:

Bolt not having his dad's bad fashion sense is a blessing. Being a prankster because he wants his dad to pay attention to him is actually pretty sweet and something I'm not unfamiliar with. Himawari is just adorable. She's inheriting those Hinata genes well. Hoping both of them have the Byakugan. Would love to see that eye power not be pushed aside again.

Salad (Pfft) is okay. I have no complaints as long as she doesn't inherit the Darkness. Really find it funny how she spends some time stalking Bolt, just like some accused Hinata of doing.

Shikadai is fine. Will look just like his grandpa and dad later on.

Chouchou is going to grow up to be one sassy bitch. Bolt better be wary of her or else she's going to give him an even worse asswhooping than the one her mother did to his dad.

Inojin needs some sun. Sai's coloring does not work well for him.

I expect nothing less from Lee's kid(?) and his vibrant YOUTH.

Asuma and Kurenai's daughter is growing up to be quite the looker.

I want that puppy Akamaru.

Parents & Older characters:

Naruto looks great as an adult. The orange scheme is finally working out good for him. Hinata has always held the title of best girl, but after growing up, she now has the title of best woman and best MILF. It's like the older she gets, the more beautiful she becomes.

Sasuke is literally Madara. Which is weird. Thought he would look more like his dad or Itachi. Sakura can now be considered a MILF as well. Miffed that she still doesn't have long hair though.

Damn Lee looks manly. Those guns on him are masterpieces.

Tenten is Tenten. Would like to know if she and Lee got together.

I really like Gaara's design. Some may not like it, but I think he makes it work.

Shikamaru looking exactly as his dad is completely what I expected. Sad that Temari got the short end of the aging stick from all the girls. Still appears fine though.

Kankuro still looks like he's in those pajama's.

Kiba grew up to be the best looking guy. Him getting with a cat girl is funny.

Akamaru is now old. Brings up nice & sad memories of one of my older dogs.

Godot/Cyclops Shino looks boss.

Fatty Anko is a casualty. Kishi, I thought she was one of your favorites?

Kurenai is aging as one expects.

Ino is a strict momma. I almost feel bad for her son and Sai (Finally lost that midriff, huh?)

Choji lucked out big time. Someone should give him an award for nailing a delicious brown like Karui.

I feel like crying seeing Guy. I love that he's alive, but his springtime of youth is truly over. Kakashi chatting with his eternal rival is heart warming though.

The ex Kages got screwed over. I feel bad that Mei still doesn't have anyone, the years not being kind to A, and Oonoki is going to bite the bullet soon. Tsunade is still cheating with that healing thing of hers.

The current Kages didn't though. My man Darui continues to the tradition of the Raikage being boss as fuck. Chojuro grew up to be quite the stud. Kurotsuchi (Yes, I had to look up her name) finally looking womanly. Nice to see Omoi and Akatsuchi as well.

B looks awesome. There is no questioning this.

Shizune lucked out as well. Maybe she has the anti aging cheat as well now.

Konohamaru grew up to be quite good looking. Can't say the same for his two friends.

And Iruka looks wiser. Just like the parental figure that he is.

Okay I think I got everyone.

Will end this with me just saying this.

No matter how old I get this.

No matter how many complaints I have about this series.

Naruto is the childhood manga I've grown up with since the very beginning.

So even though Naruto's story is over, I'll still have this feeling of fondness remembering this wild ride Kishimoto has taken me on for over these 15 years.

Plus, since I can just reread this whenever I want and there's going to be a continuation with the kids, I'm more than happy than anything else.

Oh and no scoring points from me.

Because I'm just going to look even more delusional after giving the series a 10/10 rating just because Hinata won.

LeleSocho

Banned
Man Naruto is the childhood manga for a lot of people, how young are you guys?
Funnily enough while i read other stuff when i was a little boy i didn't know the existence of Naruto until Sept/Nov of 2006...

Man Naruto is the childhood manga for a lot of people, how young are you guys?
Funnily enough while i read other stuff when i was a little boy i didn't know the existence of Naruto until Sept/Nov of 2006...
Naruto was one of the first comics I ever bought back in 2001 when I was getting Shonen Jump from a Japanese grocery store.

Busaiku

Hunter X Hunter was my childhood ongoing series.
This is excluding stuff like Dragon Ball Z, Rurouni Kenshin, Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon, and so on, that were already completed in Japan.

Revo

One Piece 766

What bad luck, geeze.

Also woo birdcage.

Also Naruto/Bleach/One Piece were my first 3 series, although i only started reading a few years ago.

KingJ2002

I just realized that There is 2 loose end with Naruto.

1. Orochimaru's epilogue
2. The Sage of six paths brother... whatever happened to him? I think the movie might touch on this.

As far as childhood series go... that goes to Dragon Ball... Naruto came in around my early teen years.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I just realized that There is 2 loose end with Naruto.

1. Orochimaru's epilogue
2. The Sage of six paths brother... whatever happened to him? I think the movie might touch on this.

As far as childhood series go... that goes to Dragon Ball... Naruto came in around my early teen years.

I do think Hamura Ōtsutsuki will be mentioned in the movie

The wikia says

Hagoromo and Hamura succeeded in defeating and sealing her within Hagoromo. After this, he and the rest of his clan departed to the moon, in order to guard his mother's sealed remains, leaving Hagoromo on earth to spread his teachings

I woke up every Saturday morning and to watch cartoons. Had no cable or satellite so I got stuck watching Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh, One Piece,Pokemon, Medabots, Digimon, Mon Colle Knights, etc and swapped between channel 26 and 59. I also watched the entire 4th season of Digimon on some now defunct channel because they ran it at 5:30 AM before I had to leave for school.

I never even touched a manga until I started middle school. My sisters started borrowing them from her school library and I read whatever she brought over: Ranma 1/2, W Juliet, Ouran Host Club, tons of Clamp stuff. I missed so much stuff. One of them got really into Yu Yu Hakusho and started buying Shonen Jump. That was when I first read my first Naruto chapter (the first Team 7 vs Zabuza fight).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom