• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

1HEMhmz.png
Na
mi
Ru
fi
To
ny Tony Chopper

Honestly, I haven't really enjoyed Naruto in years and have only kept reading it because I'd been doing it for a long time and it was easy to make fun of online, so this doesn;t really affect me much even if it was originally what got me into manga and subbed anime. Plus I have plenty of other series I read week to week.

dani_dc

Naruto 699-700

Felt a bit rushed, most world details weren't mentioned at all, but overall a nice ending, I'm guessing we'll see the lacking details in the movie and mini-series (gotta make money on this while they still can).

Ino kid looks ridiculous, it's child Sai with Ino hair. Shikamaru and Temari finally got together, they're about the only characters that ever had growth together.

And I'm half-convinced to believe those fake spoilers about Salad being Karen daugther.

Honestly, this was basically "everyone got together and happy", I really hope the other works look at what happened to the world and several other characters.

I promised dani_dc to continue reading Prison School. Which doesn't not explain why I ended up reading Soma instead until 4 am. At least I now know the origin of more avatars now.

Shokugeki no Soma 1-93

I tried my best guys, Chariot just isn't a cool enough guy :(

But I guess he's an okay guy for reading Soma.

Erina aid > Erina.

Na
mi
Ru
fi
To
ny Tony Chopper

Damn you Oda!

Naruto 699-700

Felt a bit rushed, most world details weren't mentioned at all, but overall a nice ending, I'm guessing we'll see the lacking details in the movie and mini-series (gotta make money on this while they still can).

Ino kid looks ridiculous, it's child Sai with Ino hair. Shikamaru and Temari finally got together, they're about the only characters that ever had growth together.

And I'm half-convinced to believe those fake spoilers about Salad being Karen daugther.

Honestly, this was basically "everyone got together and happy", I really hope the other works look at what happened to the world and several other characters.

I tried my best guys, Chariot just isn't a cool enough guy :(

But I guess he's an okay guy for reading Soma.

Erina aid > Erina.
Naruto has had pretty much no world building beyond a bare minimum since Zabuza. Sure it introduces new locations, but they really don't have much distinct flavor, culture, or unique anything and none of the other villages ever really mattered. In terms of importance Leaf>>>Sand>Cloud>>>>>There were other villages?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't believe Sasuke's kid is really named "Salad."

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well hey, DTL, at least Salad being hot for Burrito is kinda like your Sasuke/Naruto dream come true.
KuGsj.gif

Zweizer

Banned
I tried kingdom, it didn't click with me

Koe no Katachi? Although it's gonna end soon as well.

I'd suggest Jitsu wa Watashi wa, but the translations have a rather hectic release schedule. Try it anyways.

Plus they are eating each other's favorite dish (Naruto with that piece of meat and Luffy with that bowl of Ramen).

that was a great nod.

Indeed.

Well hey, DTL, at least Salad being hot for Burrito is kinda like your Sasuke/Naruto dream come true.
KuGsj.gif

That's just twisting the knife.

Angry Grimace

And you could imagine Salad as a dude instead also to make it complete lol

Salad is like the only kid who I thought had a good design, actually. Everyone else just looked like stupid fusions of the parents.

Wife and Wife

Well this was a nice, fluffy, sweet to the point of ruining dentures yuri story.

And for something that's supposedly under wraps somewhat it sure happens to a lot of characters and in the open (one of the main's twin sister was the poster child of this).

All in all it was a nice read and also with that week 1 of Whippy's reading club is complete. Lets see how week 2 goes.

Angry Grimace

Anyways, official review of Naruto final chapter:

03lTaAN.png

Salad is like the only kid who I thought had a good design, actually. Everyone else just looked like stupid fusions of the parents.

tbf Salad seems to be a fusion as well but its very subtle due to her parents (both are pretty normal for the most part and he didn't give her pink hair).

but yea the others are pretty blatant.

Angry Grimace

So basically we just find out who's fucking instead of figuring out:

* What Kakashi has under his mask (its another mask)
* How Orochimaru got off
* Tsunade when she's not hiding her appearance
* Why Tsunade quit immediately after the war
* Whatever happened to Karin/Suigetsu

I kind of want to know if Naruto can use Mokuton now, too.

Usobuko

Banned
About quite some time since I last (re)read Nijigahara Holograph. I remember with the way it was narrated, it is only until your second read through you would realize the subtle hint dropped by Asano. Not so much as in 'why' but more so as in 'who' and 'what' happened.

I have to read Shin Angyo one of these days...

Don't get your hopes too high up for that one! I think it is one of the better seinen action manga out there but compared to the list, it is probably a little underwhelming.

Naruto 699

Definitely second best ending to a JUMP series (after Katekyo Hitman Reborn), could have been first best if Kishimoto had went with what was being telegraphed for years. In any case, two good hand holding scenes and promises of a future together with their rivalry still going on made it a great chapter. I was so happy to have another team 7 meet up and emotions shared in the chapter too. Best trio.

Thought Kishimoto would revive neji, he didnt seem unwilling to revive people in the past even. I wouldnt have had Kakashi-sensei as hokage, and I wouldnt have Sasuke go on a world trip of redemption alone. Ending panel made it seem as if he did have Naruto tag along outside of the ear reach of Sakura though. So I think we should get some good future stories of what happened afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom