• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
Naruto 699-700 END + impressions

I see all these comments and can do nothing but shrug sincerely.

Naruto has been a good manga, it has been able to keep up a minimum of interest through the whole series with interesting characters and enemies.
It has lots of imperfections like various good characters thrown away without any kind of true development and a pacing problem around the final part of the manga but that doesn't delete the good basis it had.
These last two chapters just like the entire series have the same problems and the same virtues, you are left with question but considering everything you are also satisfied with what you've witnessed and i'm sure it now has left a big hole hard to fill.

7.5/10

So I need a new weekly series. My two favorite running manga are HxH and Berserk lol. I'm currently on Thriller Bark of OP. Any suggestions? Looking for something recently new.

dramatis

My Hero Academia 6

This manga is really shaping up to be the next big thing. I hear that the first volume sold just as well as the recentmost volume of Naruto. Anyway, onto the chapter itself...
That's unlikely given that the first volume of My Hero Academia only went on sale 3 days ago in Japan, and Oricon sales numbers for the week haven't even been compiled yet.

It's also unlikely it will outsell the most recent volume of Naruto, given that volume sold about 800k before dropping off the chart. Even Assclass's first volume sold below that at 400k (an accomplishment for a first volume) before dropping off. If My Hero Academia is unexpectedly popular it might achieve Assclass numbers, but I doubt it. Assclass feels almost like lightning in a bottle.

Zweizer

Banned
So I need a new weekly series. My two favorite running manga are HxH and Berserk lol. I'm currently on Thriller Bark of OP. Any suggestions? Looking for something recently new.

Shokugeki no Soma and Kingdom.

(Well, Kingdom isn't very recent, but it's one of the best weekly series currently running)

kadotsu

Banned

You might like Magi it's pretty standard shonen but it has a nice setting and not a lot of powerlevel BS.

Usobuko

Banned

Go seinen. Pick one of them.

Battle Angel Alita
Blade of the Immortal
Blame!
Claymore
Dorohedoro
Eden: It's an Endless World!
Kingdom
Shin Angyo Onshi
Vagabond
Vinland Saga

These are probably the more popular works in the West, Berserk & Attack on Titan aside. There are parts where some of them felt shounen-ish but I guess the jrpg assembled party in the later parts of Berserk would let you be accustomed to them. If you want more influential works, you can always read Lone Wolf & Cub then Samurai Executioner.

Don't bother with Gantz.

One Piece 766

Nice of Oda and Kishi to pay tribute to each other

Dammit Corazon you fell victim to the same thing that happens to every fictional undercover character

Also, don't traumatize the kid jeez man

Go seinen. Pick one of them.

Battle Angel Alita
Blade of the Immortal
Blame!
Claymore
Dorohedoro
Eden: It's an Endless World!
Kingdom
Shin Angyo Onshi
Vagabond
Vinland Saga

These are probably the more popular works in the West, Berserk & Attack on Titan aside. There are parts where some of them felt shounen-ish but I guess the jrpg assembled party in the later parts of Berserk would let you be accustomed to them. If you want more influential works, you can always read Lone Wolf & Cub then Samurai Executioner.

Don't bother with Gantz.

I have to read Shin Angyo one of these days...

PK Gaming

Naruto 700 [END]

That last chapter played out like Fire Emblem: Awakening... So many random pairings. It was pretty standard as far as endings go; happy endings for nearly every major character, with everything being more or less wrapped up. The tribute to One Piece was cute.

I'm curious MangaGAF, now that most of the important bits of the last chapters have leaked already, how do you rate the Naruto series as a whole?

Naruto was the first major anime/manga I got into. I used to really like Naruto when I was younger, but as I grew older, I started growing increasingly dissatisfied with it as a whole.

Overall, i'd give it a 7/10. It's actually a 6/10 manga, but I can't deny that it gave me a ton of enjoyment over the years.

So, what are the odds of hunter x hunter returning before the last person finishes serving their avatar bet punishment?

Dunno, who's left and how long do they still have?

Looks like Sporting Salts will be next on the chopping block with it debuting in 2nd last place, only above the axed Yoakemono. So that leaves Judos and Cluster to fight for the final possible "open" spot. They were ranked 10th and 11th this week

Cluster is going to get International Jump'd.

If Judos survives they might as well gotten axed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Salad is super hot for Boruto

Also, lol that the entire Kage council is just random people that happened to have been hanging around the previous Kage

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Also lol @ Naruto's Macbook

Also also sad @ akamaru being old

Sesha

Naruto 700 END

Complete non-ending, fitting.

Anyone else notice that Naruto's son's name is Bort?

Salad is super hot for Boruto

Also, lol that the entire Kage council is just random people that happened to have been hanging around the previous Kage

Because Kishimoto failed to establish other, more qualified characters. In a better manga the 3-tails jinchuuriki would be alive and running shit, and Naruto would be fucking the 7-tails chick.

Angry Grimace

Naruto 700 END

Because Kishimoto failed to establish other, more qualified characters. In a better manga the 3-tails jinchuuriki would be alive and running shit, and Naruto would be fucking the 7-tails chick.

My son is also named Bort

Naruto end
Well, that early spoiler was fake then.

That was actually a nice ending, seeing the future characters and Naruto being Hokage, despite not really showing up much. Only thing ridiculous IMO was the laptop. Feels out of place. That and Naruto and Hinata's kids both have whiskers. Also, good on Kishi and Oda for their lil send offs to each other.

Looking forward to the movie and mini series.

Bleach
Nothing new. Meh.

One Piece
Just had to be freaking Vergo. Roci really has the worst of luck.

LeleSocho

Banned
Naruto 700 END

sKiqe57.jpg

Edit: It's Bolt by the way, his necklace is a bolt and bolt as in "lightning bolt" because all the family has super fast techniques.

scy

Naruto [END] - It's the end of many, many, many years.

Even marathoning a bunch of this, I don't remember like some of these people. I dunno, I think Naruto deserved a like 30-40+ chapter finale to wrap everything up.

Not sure how I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom