• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
There's no lightning bolt on his necklace.

Bort it is, then.

Edit: Oh god there's already a Twitter account: https://twitter.com/BorutoUzumaki

a6BDUEJ.jpg

Naruto 700

And its over.

interesting pairings and i guess some things never change lol.

i guess the movie will fill more blanks (Naruto/Hinata most likely, what the Sauce has been up to, etc).

Also Fuck Yeah Darui for becoming the next Raikage

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have a bad feeling the new Naruto series is just Salad and Bort romance

Sesha

Funny how despite all these characters ending up with one another and having kids, we never see any of them, besides Chouji and Karui, and Ino and Sai, as couples. So even though certain ships "won", nobody really wins in the end. The characters fucked and had kids. They're never shown, you know, actually loving one another. Congrats to all the shippers out there that won, I guess.

Is chapter 700 missing a few pages?

Might be looking at the wrong places but I could've sworn its supposed to be around 40.

No. It was two chapters in one issue of Jump. So about 40 pages total. Not for the final chapter alone.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Sakura defenders are going Ham in there currently LOLOL

I agree with them. First off it seems obvious to me that she's wearing ninja gear under her apron, but even if she chose to be an exclusive homemaker instead, I don't understand why she shouldn't be allowed to make that choice? The whole scene was just to show that they were a nuclear family now, anyway, which is important because otherwise it would imply that Sasuke never stopped wandering.

No, no, it's a gift of god. Seeing the meltdowns, denial and people taking apart each other is hilarious.
There's only so much I can take of "Kishimoto is such a fucking bad writer" and "RIP Sakura's development" just because your preferred pairing or whatever didn't happen. Like fuck, he doesn't owe you shit.

Rhapsody

Banned
Naruto END

I'll miss reading this weekly. Sure it wasn't as consistent with Part 1's quality, but it was still a fun ride. I feel like the chapter 700 should've been twice as long. Felt a little short to me, but oh well. Dunno what was up with that Sasuke thing.

Sakura defenders are going Ham in there currently LOLOL

Hey you calling me a Sakura defender lol
Truth is what some people saying is trash and even if i don't like manga as much i feel i need to say something .
Sakura stupid over Sasuke but because Naruto fucking Hinata or he a male it okay how he behaved with regards to him ?
Or Sakura so bad because we saw her at home while Temari doing the same.
I mean the girl help take down last boss a few chapters ago which better than anything most characters do for whole war .

9sG8zud.png

Passable wrap up and a nice monologue.

The apology and the forehead thing was cute, but that still doesn't make up for the fact that he tried to kill her.

Also, not one that's thrilled to see fanart when reading the chapters.

But even I felt the sense of joy from seeing the image after clicking the page at the end.

Rhapsody

Banned
I liked chapter 699 more than 700. Although I can't say I wasn't entirely spoiler-free for that one because of the leaked images and some of the things people said in threads.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The apology and the forehead thing was cute, but that still doesn't make up for the fact that he tried to kill her.
He tried to kill everyone. Naruto, Kakashi, and Sakura. Do you think that if he could kill his brother, arguably the person he loved most at that point in time, he wouldn't be able to kill her too?

And that's not even mentioning the fact that she tried to kill him too. Just because she couldn't ultimately do it, doesn't mean she still didn't try. They're ninja. This is in their job description.

jqxbIJH.jpg

Once again I get to say "Sniper guy is really cool"

Hope he doesn't get taken out as quickly as last time.

And its nice to see third best Sternritter Bazz-B still kicking.

Would have been a shame for him to go out just like that.

He tried to kill everyone. Naruto, Kakashi, and Sakura. Do you think that if he could kill his brother, arguably the person he loved most at that point in time, he wouldn't be able to kill her too?

And that's not even mentioning the fact that she tried to kill him too. Just because she couldn't ultimately do it, doesn't mean she still didn't try. They're ninja. This is in their job description.

I have no desire to argue anything over a guy whose had a screw loose for over the majority of the manga and one of the worst written heroines of all time.

So I will just nod and move on.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Naruto END

Bittersweet feeling. Naruto was one of those influences on me as a kid when I started reading manga and watching anime, so to see it end after 15 years is crazy. I'll feel the same way about Bleach when it finally ends too.

Mumei

This is probably a long-shot, but... at one of the Half-Price Books in Indianapolis, the one at W. 86th St. and Ditch Rd., they've got thirteen out of twenty-one volumes of Please Save My Earth on clearance ($2 / volume), and the seventh volume for... I think $4.

If anyone is a) interested in getting the series, b) in the area, that's a good place to start.

Oddly enough, Sasuke having a child with Sakura and then leaving both of them is surprisingly in-character.

Harry marrying Ginny felt forced.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
But he is?

I meant that in relation to people saying that over him not pairing Naruto with Sakura or whatever, because that's some bullshit.

If they were talking in general, then yeah, they aren't wrong. He has good ideas but he executes them horribly, and gets lost up his own ass with plot lines.

I kinda wish Hinata got a bigger role in the middle of the story. I liked the character, but she didn't get to do much.
I wish anyone without the last name Uchiha or Uzumaki had a bigger role in the middle of the story.

Rhapsody

Banned
I wish anyone without the last name Uchiha or Uzumaki had a bigger role in the middle of the story.
Fair enough. When part 2 happened, I was so excited to see how everyone fought after the time skip at the very least.

Basically none of that happened. Was hoping they'd elaborate on new abilities, but nope :(

Cora-san gonna go out like a proud member of D.

I'll salute the man.

Feels nice knowing that Law is going to repay the favor to Vergo later on.

Buffalo growing up that big while Law and Baby 5 are still small is pretty jarring though.

And Oda's shoutout to Kishi was so sweet.

I kinda wish Hinata got a bigger role in the middle of the story. I liked the character, but she didn't get to do much.

Quality over quantity, mate.

Nearly all of her scenes were some of the best moments in the manga.

I wish Naruto had kept it's strategic battles that were well thought out, instead of going full DBZ power levels. I mean the Chunin Exam was brilliantly done and man that battle between Lee and Gara was fuckin top tier.

I really missed those days.

Shouta

Naruto - End

699 was pretty much perfect aside from missing Sakura thanking Naruto for bringing Sakura back. The last scene with the headband was great and exactly the right note to technically end on. I liked that the first thing Sasuke said was sorry to Sakura.

The epilogue wasn't too bad either. A little annoying to not see some of them interact like Hinata and Naruto but at least it ties up most of the loose ends for the protagonists. Kishi could've actually run this for a few chapters to flesh the ending out but I guess that's the move and miniseries thing to do. Everyone looks pretty awesome. i was hoping for a bit more change in the designs for the female characters though. The guys all made out like bandits with their older versions aside from Shino becoming Cyclops.

Kind of hard to discuss the actual chapter in the Naruto thread with everyone still going nuts.

This is probably a long-shot, but... at one of the Half-Price Books in Indianapolis, the one at W. 86th St. and Ditch Rd., they've got thirteen out of twenty-one volumes of Please Save My Earth on clearance ($2 / volume), and the seventh volume for... I think $4.

If anyone is a) interested in getting the series, b) in the area, that's a good place to start.

Hey Mumei, let's do a reread of the series some day. With some luck more people will also read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom