• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

Yes.

You need to check out more muscle chicks.
Maybe I should because my biggest dream right now is write something that involved girls fight another girls not in pandering manner.

You might be interested in this article.

That articles kinda confuses me because the title said Tomino criticize SnK and yet the quoted except of his article praise him.
Well maybe the whole article ended up with Tomino criticize SnK though. But really, with that mind baffling digestive reversal torture picture I'm not surprised Tomino denounce his work.

yes. (it's SFW, but I'll link it anyway)

hmm hmmm hmmmm
Everything is clear to me now.

Usobuko

Banned
Ahh yes, thank you for your hard work. These 2 for me, read the rest.

Sukima Shiki by Sahara Mizu
Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru by MORIHASHI Bingo

I love Sumomo Yumeka / Sahara Mizu art so that will be an pleasant read. She has many works that a compilation of short stories, this is one of the those I didn't read.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ahh yes, thank you for your hard work. These 2 for me, read the rest.

Sukima Shiki by Sahara Mizu

I love Sumomo Yumeka / Sahara Mizu art so that will be an pleasant read. She has many works that a compilation of short stories, this is one of the those I didn't read.

Aw damn.

Hmm, I'm starting to wonder if I should start a bigger list each week so that people can have more choice in case the list mostly consist of stuff they've read already.

Usobuko

Banned
I don't know who suggested that Kitoh's one shot though but I want to say The World Is Mine should be a good read for you.

Aw damn.

Hmm, I'm starting to wonder if I should start a bigger list each week so that people can have more choice in case the list has stuff that they've mostly read already.

You don't have to worry about that, 5 series/oneshots for every week is fine. There are always going to be either an outlier who finished most of them on a particular week or someone with a bigger list. Its better to cater for the norm.

Besides, I still need to catch up on Touch.

Antiwhippy

Hmm alright, though I'll wait to see what other feedback I get. Not that there's lack of stuff for a bigger list each week anyway. As it stands we have enough stuff to cover 40 weeks.

Which is kinda ridiculous.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki stuff from the fanbook

R6HGIdi.png
FPFiaIi.png

Sakura understands who the real threat is. #teamhoriwithbangs

Also poor kashima. :<

Akito

You don't have to worry about that, 5 series/oneshots for every week is fine. There are always going to be either an outlier who finished most of them on a particular week or someone with a bigger list. Its better to cater for the norm.

Besides, I still need to catch up on Touch.
Pretty much this, it's a busy time of the year so I'm actually glad that I don't "have to read" all 5 again. Other peeps seem even busier than me.

Antiwhippy

Hmm alright. Plus I also do want to start the touch reading club too.

Also, ya know what, looking through the first volume of barakamon there is a very subtle but perceptible change in artstyle even in the first volume. Or maybe I'm going crazy.

Zweizer

Banned

Thats a joke, right? Save me, Poe's law!

Still, onto week 2!
Sukima Shiki by SAHARA Mizu
Kare no Satsujin Keikaku by KITOH Mohiro
At Least, Like That Snow... by BlueBrand & Fujimaru
Shuumatsu no Laughter by TANABE Yellow

As always, hope that it's mostly new stuff for most people.

I haven't read a single thing from that list. Damn, some of you guys sure know these kinds of stuff.

Zweizer

Banned
Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary ch14

Well, that sure is an interesting condition.

Tsugumomo ch48

That was rather tame. Classic shonen development otherwise.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hmm, alright. I thought might as well start at this time (it's saturday night where I am too) makes sense seeing that this was when I started the weekly read, but making it before the weekend makes much more sense. I'll start posting the list on friday night beginning next week.

Still, onto week 2!

Only 1 for me, Sukima Shiki.
Will post the impression for Yume Nikki and Fu-fu later.

Zweizer

Banned
Himouto! Umaru-chan ch80

Woah. I often use my toes to pick things up, but she's on a whole another level.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Fanbook

I wonder what would've happened if Hori weren't there.

Akito

At Least, Like That Snow...
Oh, so this is where that picture comes from. A sad tale for sure, I was a little confused by the end but it seems like the TL was just pretty bad and after reading the corrections, it got even sadder.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Attack on Titan 63

Let's see if I got this right.

Titan Shifters are like Kirby/Mega Man, each one has a unique power, and if one Shifter eats another, they get that power.
Eren's dad somehow found a way to turn into a Titan through SCIENCE, and ate Freida. The memory powers seem to be something all the Reiss family has.
He then used the same science on Eren to turn him into a Titan, who in turn ate his dad gaining all his powers. And somehow getting the power to control lesser Titans (which might have been Freida's power).
Rodd knows about all this, and it looks like he plans to turn Historia into a Titan so she could eat Eren and get all those powers he has locked away. Historia is going along with this because she's an idiot.
And apparently all the Ackerman family members have some bloodlust type power.
And Dot Pixis knew everything as well, somehow.

Does that cover everything?

Satisfied?

Revo

okay, i was fine with the previous spoiler rule, but i would expect that a paragraph of all the twists and reveals of a series would be at minimum have a mention of the additional *super spoilers* thing.

Kurita

Oyasumi Punpun vol.13 (end)

Okay. Guess I expected something crazy to end the manga but no.
The most normal ending to the most bizarre thing I've read. I think I wanted a shocking event but it's just a nice throwback to the beginning.

orochi91

Attack on Titan is so weird now.

There's no more terror and suspense for me anymore since it's gone political.

Historia is a terrible character as well.

Cwarrior

Naruto 699

I don't what to say, the fact that it's ended feels unreal.

Naruto 700

Fire all ships all of them.

So much shipping it's an entire chapter to please the crazy shippes side of the fanbase that make fanfiction.

Rhapsody

Banned
Nisekoi 146

Another week of fan service in Nisekoi. I'm almost expecting this to happen more often now.

The ending part was obvious since Yui was pushing herself.

dani_dc

Keijo ch6.5

Nozomi doing all the right decisions.

Nisekoi 146

Another week of fan service in Nisekoi. I'm almost expecting this to happen more often now.

The ending part was obvious since Yui was pushing herself.
It's only going to get worst as it goes on. We might as well brace ourselves for it.

Keijo 6.5

dat ignore hahah

also these 2 are still great.

Hmm, alright. I thought that starting at this time (it's saturday night where I am too) makes sense seeing that this was when I started the weekly read, but making it before the weekend makes much more sense. I'll start posting the list on friday night beginning next week.

Still, onto week 2!

all new stuff for me iirc so this should be fun.

Durarara!! Relay 01

Our usual ordinary days don't last long.

So seems like a sequel to 3 Way Standoff story which is pretty cool. A damn cliffhanger at the end of this chapter but yay more Shizuo snapping.

Shonen Jump Manga Creators send off to Naruto

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-11-08/shonen-jump-manga-creators-also-send-off-naruto-with-comments/.80813

It's nice seeing all these Mangaka's sending their appreciation towards Kishi and seeing Oda's was pretty great. Also whether or not you hated or liked Naruto we all can agree it did have an impact for Jump and a lot of people who read the series. I myself did enjoy Naruto and seeing it end is nice but sad at the same time.

Anyways I wonder if there will be a new Jump series that can be as big as Naruto.

Chariot

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-11-08/shonen-jump-manga-creators-also-send-off-naruto-with-comments/.80813

It's nice seeing all these Mangaka's sending their appreciation towards Kishi and seeing Oda's was pretty great. Also whether or not you hated or liked Naruto we all can agree it did have an impact for Jump and a lot of people who read the series. I myself did enjoy Naruto and seeing it end is nice but sad at the same time.

Anyways I wonder if there will be a new Jump series that can be as big as Naruto.
You forgot the best part of the article

lpsTEp0.jpg

lmao

360pages

Yep, Naruto is going in the ranks as one of the long running shonens that ended. (Anything over 300 chapters I assume) It's kind of weird in a way, but at the same time I do really love how so many people grew up with it, love it or hate it. It help introduce Anime to even more people after DBZ ended.

dani_dc

Takkoku!!! 37

That escalated quickly.
Why 13-15 though?

I guess now Gaku and Kako can date without battling.
But they still will.

Lain

I had to wait a looong while but this finally came out over here and now I have my own copy!
zthb.jpg

It's still as awesome as I remember it.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Still, onto week 2!

I loved this one when it was recced to me. It's too bad the other LN volumes aren't translated/I can't find them. :'(

Conan-san

Sword Art Online - Progressive 10

dvQu9Ls.png

In which Kirito, in a mad dash, makes Asuna's entire inventory (of which constitutes a rather unusual amount of underpants) explode into her inn room and we get a good idea of just how sturdy the server side software for Aincard was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom