• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Kare no Satsujin Keikaku
Thought-provoking oneshot by Mohiro Kitoh about a teenager who wants to kill someone out of curiosity. Needless to say I didn't see the twist coming but I'm glad that it did.

Hatsukoi Harinezumi

Y497kDy.png

I turned my brother into a hedgehog through magic and the only way I can turn him back is if I get the girl I like to say "I like you!"

It was a cute one-shot. The main guy is basically a tsundere and his hedgehog brother is pretty cool. The guy and girl are basically playing each other's roles in a normal romantic comedy series.

Vito

Banned
Yamatogawa /bow

Where do I find a bigger version of this nice picture?

I linked the source! I think.. anyways, I fixed the link for the full size, sorry about that. Was mucking about with the thumbnail preview size and accidentally left the deleted link in the post.

Usobuko

Banned
Sukima Shiki ( End )

I like this combination of slice of life and drama without being overly preaching and sappy. It was light in tone, issues were eventually resolved but the closure is only for the moment. Uncertainty is still up in the air but you were left with this upbeat outlook on the future. The third story was my favorite if only for the moment when Ino contrasted her flippant response to her friend's dilemma.

I can't remember much about the other 3 short stories manga I read from her but I do recall they left me with the similar feelings.

Jintor

Nano to Kaoru - latest two chapters

awwww yeah. This fucking manga. One day some glorious smutty publisher will bring this out in english and I'll have to buy it all

Maou Maou Yuushu - ???

I really need to keep a handle on what chapter I'm up to ==;;

this manga's great, is there a good LN translation that isn't totes awkward like every translation is

Zweizer

Banned
Tsugumomo ch48.1-49

If she marries him the blindfold won't be necessary.

Surprisingly heavy backstory.

Aho Girl ch25

World's greatest mom.

Quasar

Nano to Kaoru - latest two chapters

awwww yeah. This fucking manga. One day some glorious smutty publisher will bring this out in english and I'll have to buy it all

I was totally bored with 121 and it not being about Nana/Kaoru.

Silver Spoon 107 - Fake glasses!

dumbyugi

Sukima Shiki

I liked the story about the old couple & the last story the best. I don't think there was anything outstanding in any of the stories but they were nice light reads. The art is good even if it's not my preferred style. I don't think I'll go out of my way to read more of the authors work but this was pretty decent. 7/10

Shuumatsu no Laughter

I'd already read this one and didn't really like it much. But I decided to give it a quick look through again just to see if I would enjoy it more now. I still don't really care for it. The art's decent enough and it's not the worst thing I've ever read but I guess it's just not for me. 4/10

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
hmmmmmmmm, JC Staff

that's like an average pick

RIP SHAFT Soma anime

-------------------------------------------

Shokugeki no Soma 93

That dark curry guy side~

Its decent enough to not complain, but hey, complaining

Caladrius

I should really start posting impressions in here.

Granted the manga I read aren't anything 90% of ManGAF would be interested in, but hey.

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken 18

Oh My Daymu

The wonders of a commoner's burger.

Why is he naked

dani_dc

Mob Psycho 100 72

Never thought I'd see Regen so bad. I'm guessing we'll see Mob appear at the press conference and saving his reputation.

I should really start posting impressions in here.

Granted the manga I read aren't anything 90% of ManGAF would be interested in, but hey.
Maybe you'll get someone into one of the mangas to read. Plus there's some pretty diverse tastes around here.

Caladrius

Maybe you'll get someone into one of the mangas to read. Plus there's some pretty diverse tastes around here.

True.

My reading list is 95% Boy's Love though, so I'm none too likely to cover a lot of untread ground.

At the very least I can give my own perspective on them.

dani_dc

Kare no Satsujin Keikaku

Had a bit of a hard time to swallow the premise since there was not much characterisation that would led me to believe the main character would do so.

The ending didn't surprise me, mostly because I knew there would be a twist and this felt like the "obvious" one, though a bit too much of a coincidence.

Still, a different story, and it was interesting seeing the main character plan out his actions and life to maximize the shock and exposure he would get.

Caladrius

I think you may find good company here after all

I can think of one person that might enjoy some of the BL works you read.

That's reassuring. I have at least 2 friends from other parts of GAF/twitter here that I know like it, glad to see there's more.

I enjoy BL depending on how it's executed.

Same with yuri really.

As long as the art looks decent or better (I'm an art snob, which I know is pretty awful to be in this genre) and the content doesn't get too objectionable (repeated, extended and wholly unwanted advances, guff featuring pre-adolescents, etc.) I can usually have fun with it, even if I do end up snarking half the time. That said, I do unironically enjoy most of what I end up reading.

Watashitachi ni wa Kabe ga Aru 03

And the childhood friend relationship continues to blossom!

Still cute even if we are going through there's no way he likes me stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom