• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attack on Titan 63

The monkey titan knows everything. I dont trust Papa Reiss.

Maybe Eren's dad was a Reiss bro as well? There has to be a reason why they both had the knowledge to
turn people into titans.

Revo

Mob Psycho 72

Media going hard on Reigen, the only question is if Mob will bail him out.

Keijo 6.5

Dedicated fan I salute you!

So I need a KNIM avatar as of 2 days ago.

Anyone want to crop this for me? Or better yet, find me an avatar to use

Do you want a Transparent background?
If not use either of these.
vsZ0p0H.jpg
CyejzuT.jpg

dani_dc

Watari-kun no xx ga Houkai Sunzen 1

Read it for the kiss.
The kiss was worth it. Rest was boring except the stalking. The stalking was good.

Zweizer

Banned
Watari-kun no xx ga Houkai Sunzen 01

A siscon is being stalked by a yandere. There's also the imouto, a nice girl, fields and a golden hoe.

And there's also a kiss that lasts 5 pages. Yep.

Sounds like manga of the year.

Watari-kun no xx ga Houkai Sunzen ch1

Yep. As always, yandere is the best.

Nani made nara Koroseru? (How Far Can You Kill?) (oneshot)
MC deserves everything he gets for shunning obvious waifu material.

Thought-provoking oneshot by Nisio condemning misguided perceptions about human self-importance, the natural hierarchy and euthanasia. Possibly. Ok I made that up. With a bit of tweaking it could've made for an amazing full series.

Prison School 142

We gettin into it now!
inb4 the thing stolen from the Prez involves asses

Gundam Build Fighters Amazing 12-13

750d9e029c.jpg

A manga about Gunpla.

I want the second Meijin to take off his sunglasses and there be another pair underneath.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Week 1
Wife and wife- this is not for me. I cannot dig the art and the gag
Yume Nikki - While the story make no sense (okay, maybe i'm the one who can't understand it), the dreamworld artwork is nice. I guess playing the game is a much more meaningful experience.

Week 2

Sukima Shiki -
I am now a fan of Mizu Sahara. The artwork is great, simple, but easy on the eye. The story is sweet and beautiful. I need to listen to the song as well.

Kare no Satsujin Keikaku

Another tragedy by the author of Bokurano. He question the motive and act of a killer. The MC making himself a better person so that when he kill, people will question him. It end not as he expected of course. Another killer appear, then it end? Yeah, that twist came out unexpected

Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru
Shinonome Yuko like short story. I recently realized that i really2 like Book girl archetype. The quiet one or the eccentric one. It was okay read. I like it enough to read it till finish, the romance is awkward and such. But i quite enjoy it.

At Least, Like That Snow...

Unfulfilled romance, and it end in a bittersweet manner. Nothing happened between the two, but the guy manage to move on and find his happiness

Shuumatsu no laughter

The twist is predictable. It's a fairly standard shonen title and questioning wether or not human is a better because they are human, or if they can also become even more evil than something monstrous like Akuma.

Usobuko

Banned
Oyasumi Punpun vol.13 (end)

Okay. Guess I expected something crazy to end the manga but no.
The most normal ending to the most bizarre thing I've read. I think I wanted a shocking event but it's just a nice throwback to the beginning.

That was actually the
worst possible
ending for Punpun, at least in Asano opinion.

Oh, so this is where that picture comes from. A sad tale for sure, I was a little confused by the end but it seems like the TL was just pretty bad and after reading the corrections, it got even sadder.

Haha, I got the same reaction when I read that.

Reading up, favourite 3 manga are Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (ghost moe), Book Girl and the Suicidal Mime (flat moe) and Screaming Lessons (flat ghost moe).

Still, onto week 2!
Sukima Shiki by SAHARA Mizu
Kare no Satsujin Keikaku by KITOH Mohiro
Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru by MORIHASHI Bingo
At Least, Like That Snow... by BlueBrand & Fujimaru
Shuumatsu no Laughter by TANABE Yellow

As always, hope that it's mostly new stuff for most people.
Only two for me to read, but fortunately they're the longer ones. I've been eyeing up Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru for a while, not least because it reminds me of Book Girl.

I don't know who suggested that Kitoh's one shot though but I want to say The World Is Mine should be a good read for you.
Think I tried reading The World is Mine once but it didn't go well. Might give it another shot.

Akito

Week 2

Sukima Shiki -
I am now a fan of Mizu Sahara. The artwork is great, simple, but easy on the eye. The story is sweet and beautiful. I need to listen to the song as well.
Yes! Check out her other stuff, they're all amazing.
well I cannot vouch for the shounen ai ones

Usobuko

Banned
Think I tried reading The World is Mine once but it didn't go well. Might give it another shot.

Is it because nothing grips you in the first few chapters? I tried starting TWIM a couple of time too but I think around chapter 8 if it still fails to appeal to you, then I guess it is not your cup of tea.

dani_dc

Prison School 142

Why is Kiyoshi so surprised? She's on an all female school with a strong dislike for males.

Kate doesn't spare efforts.
Could Pres even get the wet t-shirt contest back in a single's day time? She wouldn't even have the authority to do so. The boys didn't think this one through.

Sukima Shiki by SAHARA Mizu
Kare no Satsujin Keikaku by KITOH Mohiro
Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru by MORIHASHI Bingo
At Least, Like That Snow... by BlueBrand & Fujimaru
Shuumatsu no Laughter by TANABE Yellow

Read two already. Well, one of them was one I suggested, so no big deal.

Rereading 21st Century Boys is hard. My god. Urasawa's worst manga easily. so much shit being inserted an just, ugh.

Pluto is his best work but even near the end of that, everything gets so fucking convoluted.

Revo

Touch v3

Oh boy it's time for high school. Finally entering the game, feels like SAO 2 up in here.

Potential rival, potential other baseball player, tatsuya showing off his potential (and bad luck) at the sandlot. Hoping there isn't some 'fix back->instantly the best' thing coming.

Akito

Touch v4
Tacchan is too considerate for his own good and Harada is doing his best at knocking ithat out of him as you'd expect from a best bro.

dani_dc

Rereading 21st Century Boys is hard. My god. Urasawa's worst manga easily. so much shit being inserted an just, ugh.

Pluto is his best work but even near the end of that, everything gets so fucking convoluted.

I started with Pluto and then went for Monster. Monster already felt like way too much being thrown at the story for no reason and things being pilled upon more things.

I also read Billy bat at some point there, but that one is so silly I can't even be mad, I really just like Billy Bat design.

guys i'll sort suzuka stuff soon

I'm sick as a dog right now

sorry again

That's ok, Saucy already self-imposed his punishment.

Hope you get better.

Also you're avatar is forcing Hanekawa to take a bath with her as I write this post. I approve.

Nani made nara Koroseru?

How far can you kill, the sequel to All You Need Is Kill.
It was OK. Too short, maybe.

Is this the only one of the one shots that are done right now?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Yes! Check out her other stuff, they're all amazing.
well I cannot vouch for the shounen ai ones

Yeah, currently checking out her other short story collection, bus Hashiru.
Yup, love it as well.
The final story colored artwork is unreal. So freaking good!

Kimi Shi ni Tamafu Koto na Kare (You Mustn't Give Yourself to Death) (preview)
Teenage psychics going to war. Looks set to be fairly gruesome. Can't wait.

Is it because nothing grips you in the first few chapters? I tried starting TWIM a couple of time too but I think around chapter 8 if it still fails to appeal to you, then I guess it is not your cup of tea.
From memory, the characters and art weren't to my tastes. It's difficult to describe, but it had the kind of absurdist realism that I also found off-putting in I am a Hero (though I still read that one regardless).

Zweizer

Banned
Nani made nara Koroseru? (One-shot) by Nishio Ishin and Ikeda Akihisa

Pretty decent theme, but its short length means there isn't much development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom